IDB Phandom Watch Fest #1 - Video Discussion

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I loved this! Here are some messy notes:
just a preface- i literally watched this video just 2 nights ago, its one of my favorites. I love when they play overcooked and they were very sweet and giggly when filming this one. (im also from AZ and get some hometown pride whenever they complain about the heat)

-longest intro ever
-don’t understand why they’re so shocked by the dog, its name is kevin and they made a big deal about him everytime they played the first overcooked
-4:46 phil’s guilty face but also the shrug makes me laugh every time
-when its level one and dnp brag about blitzing the first game but they’re really bad.
-dan broke the sound barrier… by how fast he was talking
-“yOu call that a kitchen, whO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO COOK?!”
-AFlusteredPhil

-dan playing dumb like he can’t move without directions is petty af, same
-“take it you twat”
-the “you” editing makes me cry laugh okay
-phil punches dans face, nice

-are they this bad or playing it up for the camera, either way it makes me laugh so…
-the scene of dan throwing piles of food while phil is surrounded by fire- peak chaos

-100% devolved “dan vs phil” theme
-phil has been eXPOSED what a hotel mESS
-#babuse (remote throwing)
-I LOVE the charades videos
-odd to see phil and the fringe, he looks so good these days we are truly blessed
-1:29 phil mocking dan
-phil thinks very literally, reminds me of the time when they played “quick draw” and he always had the most unique interpretations

-idk how i would have mimed “between” i’m not shocked that dan didn’t get it.
-dan just starts saying random phrases and hes very funny
-6:24 the most frustrated phil laugh! love!
-phil gets up, phil shakes ass, dan stares at camera
-8:43 dans v posh accent makes a reappearance
-9:15 this is exactly where i think dan got it, but he wants to give phil a hard time
-9:45, cutest dan laugh, fondly annoyed that phil stuck with pointing at himself for “perfect”

-this last one is a train wreck wow, i wouldn’t have done any better than dan tbh
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 1. Which video did you like better?
I love the charades video a lot, they have very different ways of thinking so watching both the charades videos was very fun. I loved this video when it came out and i've seen it a handful of times since, good bants and sass, and i enjoy watching a frustrated phil as we don't get that very often.
I personally prefer the overcooked livestreams, solely for the fact that they looked like they were trying harder to pass the levels. I believe when they actually play games off camera- they act differently, even if its just because they're much more focused.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 2. What do you think is the difference between them almost 1 year ago and now?
oh my god almost a year wOW. I think they've gotten much more relaxed with every passing year, but here its a very subtle difference. Phil's quiff change brought on some more confidence for him which lead to more flirtatious bants and jokes. The energy is also different, they were filming everyday for gamingmas when they played charades. They were enjoying a rare day of rest on tour when they played overcooked. They felt much more hyper for overcooked but I felt like it adds to the (not always 100% necessary) stress of the game.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 3. Do you remember watching Charades when it first got released?
Oh definitely, thats why its so weird when I'm reminded that was last Christmas wow. I can't remember where I was when this one came out, but I've seen it many times since then and it always makes me laugh.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?
Yes! As I said in my lil notes up top, I've watched it quite a few times. It makes me laugh more than stress out, but thats maybe because I acknowledge they're playing it up for the camera. Those early levels don't warrant that much screaming or reaction, and if they were to communicate less than bant, they would succeed better in the harder levels... But where's the fun in that?
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Okay, did we have anyone watching this round? Post your thoughts if you feel like it! (oo I see you @sonicgreen!!)
Remember that even if you arrive late you can watch the vids and come chat!

I actually watched for the second time and wrote some (much less coherent) thoughts:

Overcooked 2
- Dan is such a child teasing Phil about cut/cup and then getting angry about being teased right back lmao
- "you need a refund" not enough dog content is a valid reason for a refund
- Dan is an old lady confirmed
- I have a hard time following the game and staring at their faces. guess what I'm doing (hint: it's not the game)
- This restaurant needs to be shut down. I don't wanna eat no floor steak wtf
- Phil's impression of Dan is brilliant
- I wonder how much they cook vs order in real life
- "it's not the sea phil. it's not the sea."
- "fight me." petition for a asdjhsa vs sajhdasjdha where they just wrestle in jello
- Dan looks like a blobfish in that polaroid + it must be really old?
Somehow less stressful on my second watch? I need more long intros and banter bois, pls. <3

Charades
- Phil that is not where your nipple is.
- Again Dan's haircut is 12/10 here, Phil's makes me appreciate the quaff even more
- "just stuff your hole with naans" oh no
- I like Dan's hands. just saying
- THAT IS THE WORST IMPRESSION OF A DALEK EVERRR
- so much touching in this vid I am happy
- Phil is so excited that Dan guessed it awwww that is not Phil's ring finger
- Phil is so flustered and Dan is struggling to understand I love it
- "rock out with your clocks out" hahahahahahsha
- I am crying this video is so good
- I love all the things that Dan calls Phil
- "stroking the giant leg of a hairy man" "drowning but I'm happy glad to be drowning" Dan is on his A game today
- I can see the exact moment Dan guessed it but still made Phil suffer
- HAHAHA PHIL GESTURING AT HIS CROTCH ADSAJDHAS
- "throw the diary penis Dan and Phil"
- "can we get Indian takeaway still" aww so cute
I laughed just as hard the second time around and noticed a lot of things I missed before. This video was a blessing and remains my favorite out of the two. BUT THE FRINGE... (Dan's hair kinda makes up for it at least)

I feel like mood wise they were pretty similar. Gamingmas 2017 was the introduction to what we have on a daily basis now, so it's not a groundbreaking difference. However, they seem more chill in Charades - maybe less stressed, or maybe it's the nature of the game?
Fazbaz
dank meme

Charades:
Phil is a mess in this (a freckin heffalump)
Phil was being a Tardis <3
Phil (yelled) quotes I loved: This was betweeeeeeen
It was a freckin rock
It was a freckin hawk
Shut up
And he keeps mouthing the words that's cheating :lol:
The only Dan quote that matters to me:
Throw the diary, penis, Dan and Phil
Overcooked:
What way of communicating was that while they were trying to switch from °C to °F? :lol:
Everything between 2:55 and 3:15… The torch, the laughs, phoning reception...
Phil quote: I am the panda and Dan is not the panda. He is so done with Dan.
You, you, you, you

How can Dan talk so fast and still make sense at 7:30 :shock:
9:15 Dan is so salty, just standing around waiting for instructions
It's really interesting and shows their individual personalities that when Phil says 'I'll cup', they both just laugh but when Dan says 'in targe' he gets defensive :lol:
Phil is really embarrassed about his messiness :love1:
1. Which video did you like better?
I really like both but I think I prefer Charades just because Phil really looses it the whole time :lol:

2. What do you think is the difference between them almost 1 year ago and now?
The energy seems to be very similar, as some already said the videos were both made during very creative and productive times and that seems to make them louder and happier. Phil is even more over the place in both of them than he usually is…

3. Do you remember watching Charades when it first got released?
Yes I remember and have also rewatched it since because it makes me happy ;)

4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?
I think I have watched it twice. I really like it but more for the bands than the game. I love that they perfectly bounce off each other and complement each other and that seems to come out in this video more than others because they talk so much. :)
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

Phil hurting his arm at the beginning cuteee

When this video came out, me and my siblings were all eating dinner and staring at our phones and then we realized we were all watching the same video :lol:

They just skip all the intro

Barkk!

I never know whose avatar is whose after the first minute

whyyy must dan always yell

I love how the left the word "left" for an extra second - gotta roast dan

"Tone down the Gordon Ramsey by 6" /Sassy Phil/

Panda slave :0

"Let's be friends" phil is adorable

YOU uou youo uyou

"You need a refund" :D

4 ads throughout - I feel like a low view count may not have affected them too badly....

Dan is HYped to be in charge

Dan throwing beef

Phil: dabba tapada bababallaa

ohhh I'm very down for a VS Overcooked video

Ugh they look so good in this video

charades/char-rods

Dan: "Just play the goddamn game"

I haven't watched a phil!Fringe video in forever - I never minded the fringe when he had it at all, but now it feels super weird

Phil deserves his moment O_0

Phil wants to be covered in chocolate sauce

I have no knowledge of films/tv/culture so I don't get anything oops

Phil is salty about dan saying he a book intellectual

Phil punches dan - vvv cute

Phil knows all the proverbs

Dan's rock guesses are great

Phil pointing to himself as perfect :rofl: "What else could be perfect" Yup

Dan and phil naked burning in a fire :'(

Did they get six right :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: ?

-Definitely liked the charades better, Overcooked was kind of too long and I the actual gameplay is stressful imo
-Although they different now than they were a year ago, Phil being more confident with the quiff etc, I do think they already had a more chill and relaxed attitude in the Charades video similar to how they behave today ~ The 'post baking universe' behavior. I guess when the charades video came out that relaxed attitude was still somewhat newer, while nowadays it's expected.
- The only thing I remember from the Charades is the Saving Private Ryan part, I don't know why, I guess Phil pointing to his 'privates' was memorable :lol:
-I may have watched overcooked more than once since it was posted, I don't remember. It both stresses me out and makes me laugh. I think I'm stressed on Phil's behalf more than anything.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

rats on fire
tldr; they are truly the embodiment of two chaotic gays in a domestic relationship (whatever that is). i just love the overall vibe they have here and i feel that its mostly the same with their other recently tour videos. something about the exhaustion and adrenaline rush i guess. im not much of a gamer but watching phil play this game hurts me. too bad, im on dans side here. his instructions were more or less clear, phil just crumbled lol. or maybe its cz im also a gemini so i can relate to dan giving very heated instructions in intense situations lmao
0:30 - i still love the "changing temp into celsius" part, normally youd expect this to be cut into bloopers or sped up but the slow zoom and cricket sounds made it better
4:45 - i admit ive rewatched that thigh slap one too many times...........
5:20 - they really out here to make top or bottom jokes huh :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
9:50 - this part still makes me smile
13:35 - phils facepalm of shame

charades
tldr; ok first of all, ohmygod the fringe. honestly, if phil hadnt straightened it to death and kept it slightly messy with a little body to it, it wouldve been fine. but because its so flat, either he kept getting those fringe gaps or it looks like he superglued his fringe to his forehead....sorry i love yall but, thank god for the quiffening. this one has so many "this guy" moments, im living for it. i hope they enjoyed that indian takeaway.
0:50 - (dan being tired of phils bullshit) DAN probably: if you want it just do it PHIL probably: nO i gotta eArN iT
3:25 - i just love every moment that phil going inside dans bubble and he doesnt even flinch :)
4:48 - and on that same note, i just love how they both go for that affectionate punch on the shoulder whenever they feel joy or excitement.....ahhh.... :happytears:
i just kinda forgot to jot down timestamps and got busy laughing towards the end there (phil covering his "privates" was hilarious)
definitely the main and obvious difference is: THE QUIFF. cant say it enough but im so happy he got to show off his forehead now. energy-wise, i think both videos have the same quality of domestic bants but the cooking vid was just more pronounced. it had a lot less "this guy" moments than the charades one since dan was humoring phil's bullshit a lot more. and it think it made for some really hilarious situations. overall i like the newer video because as much as it was frustrating to watch phil set himself on fire, i was quite entertained by it.

------

some house-keeping questions about the watch party:

what were your impressions? as someone who only join in on the second viewing, i felt a bit awkward at first. perhaps its also because its just the first time as well, so i wasnt so sure how itll go. i loved rewatching the videos myself mainly because of nostalgia and also sometimes you notice more things after rewatching. although, i found myself having less stuff to react/say about when it came to the newer videos since ive already watched those so many times a lot more recently. this could apply to other popular rewatched videos of their too i guess.

for the next one, i wanna suggest rewatching those REALLY forgotten hidden gems - heck, i want to watch superamazingproject again but if the main purpose of this is to help their main channels, then i suppose thats not really a viable choice. so perhaps, something of that caliber. i know phil's 2009 videos have a lot of hidden gems in there somewhere. dan's old videos still gives me heavy second-hand cringe, but some of his story time ones arent so bad.

also, how are your thoughts with having two showings on the same day? does it work well for everyone or would you guys prefer if we start at a certain time but just keep it open for the rest of the day or until the next one? or like, this week's theme is _____. we start at sunday then keep it open for discussion until next sunday where theres a new theme. so on and so forth. this is becoming a book club now....

so, what do yall think?
Last edited by lesterchuu on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"you are next to me in my life"
hello9217
flower crown

I already posted my thoughts on the first page so now I'll answer these questions:
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 1. Which video did you like better?
Probably Charades only because me of December 2017 hated it and I have no idea what was wrong with her so I'm making up for past mistakes.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 2. What do you think is the difference between them almost 1 year ago and now?
A year?! Damn. I don't think there's that dramatic of a difference. Like someone else has said previously Gamingmas 2017 was really when they let a lot of barriers go. It's still nice to see how comfortable on camera they are with each other. I'm also glad that they kept up that momentum instead of seeing what people say and reverting back to their old ways of doing things.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 3. Do you remember watching Charades when it first got released?
Yes, and I remember hating it. I must have had a bad day or something. I work retail so keeping up with deppy during the holiday season is definitely stressful.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?
Because we would go a week without video content, I tend to re-watch the last video that was posted until we get a new one so yeah I re-watched it. I probably re-watched it for that intro and ending alone. Still makes me laugh.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

OVERCOOKED
Overcooked has my entire heart just because of the bants at the start, when they try to figure out the temperature thing it's peak comedy for me
4:50 ish just remember all the talks about Dan possibly slapping Phil's thigh, good times. :lol:
I don't have timestamps but at the start Dan's pun about stirring your moms yeast is so bad idk why he's ofended at 'unbread' :lol:
Dan's giggling at the top x bottom thing is also v cute, Phil to the rescue there being casual as heck
When the balloon kitchen catches fire it's so funny, but seriously, idk if I'm just focusing too much on Phil but his half is much more complex than Dan's quite often, I'm not surprised everything ended poorly when you add that to Phil's tendency to become overwhelmed when Dan starts to shout
The bits where Phil can't talk because of how stressed he is had me laughing out loud once again, poor phil :rofl:
I love this so much, I can't believe I forgot how much I liked this? I remember rewatching on the day they posted but after I think I forgot about it? Or maybe focused on other newer stuff? But this video is great, they are relaxed, banting, having a good time and I'm here for it.

CHARADES
very first thought is about how thankful I am for the quiff, I mean, I never thought Phil looked bad with the fringe but the quiff suits him so much better I kinda want to smack him for not changing sooner (I'm glad he did it when he was comfortable but THINK about what we could have had)
'we will play this noise so you can close your eyes and play along' my dudes, like I'd miss a second of looking at your faces...
so... being covered in chocolate syrup sounds 'nice' and 'fun'? while looking each other in the eyes? :glasses:
when Dan calls Phil a panicky and flustery mess :lol:
Phil mimicking the skater it's so cute.
Also Dan saying fuck off to Phil using himself as 'perfect' and then revealing he got it early but was amused at what Phil was doing he let Phil keep going :lol:
I ended up laughing out loud with this one too, especially the last charade, I wish they would attempt to do this again :lol:

now I'm gonna take my time to read what everyone else already commented :D
Marika
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm watching before going to bed ( i have to get up early tomorrow and should be asleep already, but oh well), so i think i could make it to these watch parties at around 10 pm BST (?). But for now I'm fine with posting my thoughts afterwards, too.

Overcooked
- I'm not really looking forward to Overcooked that much because I don't remember it as one I liked that much but let's see! I'm quite forgetful.
- yeah i agree with them, fahrenheit is weird. though they use miles and inch in England, don't they? that's even more confusing!
- I arrived at the first ad before they started gaming. :lol:
- okay I just remembered that I do like Overcooked, their messy, organised cooperation is great to watch! and they're so much better at it than I'd be.
- ...now they aren't. unless setting the kitchen on fire was the secret goal. great bants.
Charades
- I loved both charades videos when they were uploaded! Can't believe it's been almost a year and they count as older videos...
- omg phil's fringe looks so weird!
- christmas jumpers. still a mystery to me, I've never owned one or seen a family member wearing one. Is it a British/American thing? :)
- phil hitting dan in excitement when he guessed the grinch correctly is so cute! :love2:
- phil the butt-wiggling bird :rofl:
- phil's eye roll at dan's "ugly"/"phil is ugly" <3
- i'd live to play this with friends myself, but i've been living under a rock my whole life so i don't know most of the words.

Now for the questions:

Charades! I love how chaotic it is and it made me laugh several times. Though, after re-watching both, i like overcooked 2 more than before, also because their cooperation is so chaotic and yet endearing. :lol:

The fringe! It's soooo weird seeing it now. And there's more dog-talk in recent videos.

Yes! I loved it back then and I still like it today. :love2:

4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?

I've only watched it once when it was new. It stresses my out and makes me laugh at the same time, which is... nice? :lol:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I love all of your responses everyone!! I'm really happy to see you made timestamps/commentary and answered the questions too <3 I hope some of you will still watch this over the next ~12 hours or so and if you do then please post your thoughts!

@ame, I hope you won't mind if I will quote the "housekeeping" part of your post in our discourse thread, so that we can discuss it there! Let's keep this one for the videos :) - everyone else please head on over there and share your thoughts on how this first watch fest went! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1531

Again my post turned out ENORMOUS so I'll hide it for space in case you don't feel like reading an essay :lol:
sonicgreen wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:59 pm Yes! As I said in my lil notes up top, I've watched it quite a few times. It makes me laugh more than stress out, but thats maybe because I acknowledge they're playing it up for the camera. Those early levels don't warrant that much screaming or reaction, and if they were to communicate less than bant, they would succeed better in the harder levels... But where's the fun in that?
First of all, I love your commentary + "phil punches dans face, nice" made me snort :rofl:
Also, fair point about them playing it up for the camera. I think not enough people seem to have understood this from when dnp played Overcooked on livestreams. I admit it is kinda stressful though, but it makes for a really funny dynamic. I'm 100% sure Phil doesn't actually mind it.
Fazbaz wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:05 pm 9:15 Dan is so salty, just standing around waiting for instructions
It's really interesting and shows their individual personalities that when Phil says 'I'll cup', they both just laugh but when Dan says 'in targe' he gets defensive :lol:
I'm quoting this part because (although your whole commentary was great) I'm a sucker for some dnp communication discussion. Phil gets overwhelmed by 10000 orders a second, Dan gets salty and just stands there while Phil tries to make sense of what is going on lol. Also the bit where they both misspoke and the reaction was 100% different. Of course they're playing it up for the camera, but it's still coming from their actual personalities and I find that fascinating.
Afunnyworld wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:11 pm I guess when the charades video came out that relaxed attitude was still somewhat newer, while nowadays it's expected.
This is such a good observation. I remember how much we were all losing our marbles over stuff during Gamingmas 2016 and then 2017. These days it all seems so normal. They're really the masters of changing their attitude without making their fans freak out.
You were also happy to see Phil punch Dan. I think I'm onto something here. PINOF idea - Phil punches Dan for 10:01 minutes? :D (hilarious commentary btw!!)
ame wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 pm they are truly the embodiment of two chaotic gays in a domestic relationship (whatever that is). i just love the overall vibe they have here and i feel that its mostly the same with their other recently tour videos. something about the exhaustion and adrenaline rush i guess.
I'm in the same boat, I really enjoy it when they are less guarded and give off that married vibe. These are two people that know each other better than anyone, and it shows so well on the gaming channel :happytears: (even if one of them is screaming bloody murder)
ame wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 pm ok first of all, ohmygod the fringe. honestly, if phil hadnt straightened it to death and kept it slightly messy with a little body to it, it wouldve been fine. but because its so flat, either he kept getting those fringe gaps or it looks like he superglued his fringe to his forehead
I think the fringe has been mentioned in every single post here and it makes me wish Phil would read this and see how much people love his new hair :love2:
I agree, when he had the fringe back in ~2014 it wasn't as bad as it was in recent years. Phil looks so good now I'm emotional
LurkingTrash wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm When the balloon kitchen catches fire it's so funny, but seriously, idk if I'm just focusing too much on Phil but his half is much more complex than Dan's quite often, I'm not surprised everything ended poorly when you add that to Phil's tendency to become overwhelmed when Dan starts to shout
This just shows how bad I am at keeping track of their games, because after like 30 seconds I forget who is who and get lost :D I think I'm like Phil there - when Dan is shouting I can't focus lmao (also I totally agree it's hilarious when Phil gets overwhelmed [I'm sorry Phil really])
This one I'm taking out of the spoiler because I don't want it to get lost and it genuinely interests me!
Marika wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 pm - I arrived at the first ad before they started gaming. :lol:
- ...now they aren't. unless setting the kitchen on fire was the secret goal. great bants.
Lol same, there were so many ads! :money:
As for the secret goal, that's an interesting point and I often wonder about that. How often do they really fail at something, and how often is it just for the bants/for fun?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm What are your thoughts everyone? :) A few questions to get a discussion going:
I'm thinking about this but I can't possibly decide, I love both for different reasons, I even tried to reason by what would I rewatch more times but I can't really say, everything about charades is endearing and funny but also overcooked makes me laugh so much and I find that I always notice different things with each rewatch
If I'd choose based only with feelings, and mine change everyday, today I enjoyed rewatching overcooked a lot more than charades but it might have something to do with how many times I rewatched both in the past.

Gosh, 2018 has been a blessing for us but I honestly think the biggest difference for me is how different the phandom reacted to both videos, with charades we were already starting to see gradual changes but with overcooked these were already real and solid for us.

I remember a bit, how funny it was, and how happy I felt that they listened and did a second charades video, I remember rewatching it quite a lot back then.

Only I think in the day/week it was posted, idk why, I'm the type of person that rewatches a lot and I loved it very much but I think I got distracted by other stuff from them and forgot about it. And it doesn't makes me stress at all, I mean if I was the one playing I would slap Dan (or stop everything and cry lol) but watching it just makes me laugh a lot

Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 pm
hello9217 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:51 pm I know people disliked this video because of how stressful it is and I get that but I think dan and phil are so funny that it makes up for it. Their dynamics are polar opposites, dan strives off being in command and shouting orders while phil crumbles. It also makes me miss the overcooked livestreams, even though they became redundant after awhile.
I agree!! Dan does stress me out like hell, but honestly if I were the one in Phil's place I'd be failing and laughing just like he is. It's clear Phil doesn't really mind it (even tho he tries to get Dan to chill) because he's just breaking down laughing. I wish the livestreams came back with any game at all, they were so damn great.

kavat wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 pm I prefer Overcooked to Charades, mostly because it's just too frustrating to see Phil flail about things I don't understand.
I love that! I actually prefer Charades, because Phil is adorable and Dan seems to mostly find it endearing. But yeah, I think I would go insane if I were to play charades with Phil lol, I would never get anything right ever. These two really have some sort of a psychic link.
I agree with these arguments, both dnp have the power to stress me out for different reasons but at the end of the day my fondness for them wins and they balance each other so well that the stress becomes lighter and more fun, it's interesting to watch how one side reacts when the other is being stress-inducing and that also helps, watching their dynamics at work is never going to be not interesting to me.

Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 pm
opendoor wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 pm I'd definitely like an Overcooked Dan vs Phil. They would absolutely do better if Dan didn't make things so goddamn stressful, but I think he knows that and just does it in the vids for the comedy.
I do wonder if they will do a D vs P of this game, considering the amount of views it got. I would love to see it though. Do we think Dan would actually let Phil play though, or just scream wildly even in a vs mode?
(+1 on it being for the comedy - it's a funny dynamic even if Dan is a bit extra)
ohhh I really wish we could get an overcooked D vs P, I'm so sad it didn't happen, idk it it will but I also would love to see it

Catallena wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:57 pm I actually don't think that there are that many differences in their behavior a year later, because imo Gamingmas 2017 was basically a teaser for what was to come. The biggest difference is probably Phil's quiff (the fringe omg it really does look even worse than I remember) and how it has made him more confident and stuff, but we could already see that confidence peaking through last year. The Phil from back then is a man is confident enough to slowly gather up the courage for a pretty drastic change in his life that has was very nervous about. And it only got better from there. :love2:
Agree, agree, agree, agree! :tu: :tu: :tu:

ame wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 pm they are truly the embodiment of two chaotic gays in a domestic relationship (whatever that is). i just love the overall vibe they have here and i feel that its mostly the same with their other recently tour videos. something about the exhaustion and adrenaline rush i guess.
:rofl:
I didn't even remember previously this discussion the context that these videos were posted but I agree, I think having things happening irl and a tighter schedule makes for a dan and phil with lowered walls and not too much energy to overthink everything, I don't think the decisions of changing things were done lightly but having other things to focus on irl might take some of the pressure and overthinking off of them

ame wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 pm 3:25 - i just love every moment that phil going inside dans bubble and he doesnt even flinch :)
<3

ame wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 pm definitely the main and obvious difference is: THE QUIFF. cant say it enough but im so happy he got to show off his forehead now. energy-wise, i think both videos have the same quality of domestic bants but the cooking vid was just more pronounced. it had a lot less "this guy" moments than the charades one since dan was humoring phil's bullshit a lot more. and it think it made for some really hilarious situations. overall i like the newer video because as much as it was frustrating to watch phil set himself on fire, i was quite entertained by it.
I was shocked too by the similarities between their behavior in the videos, I'm not so great at drawing parallels but I didn't think there would be so little differences of behavior between a newer video and a pre-2018 one and these choices for the rewatch highlighted for me how the separation line is not so clean and how much they actually introduce things gradually, they really know what they are doing.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I can't respond to everyone but I love all the little comments and timestamps, you guys are so observant I feel like im almost too focused on the game :lol:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ok it took me like 48000 years to read everyones posts but i think we can all agree on one thing: quiff is love. quiff is life.
"you are next to me in my life"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Bit late, but here are my thoughts!

Overcooked
First, some small timestamps:
(0:12) D: "well it's not my fault you double pegged yourself" right, thanks Dan
(3:43) toast bants! As a toast lover myself, I can see where Phil is coming from. However, Dan did not need to paint it in that light but he did anyway. I shouldn't have expected anything less, really.
(5:21) unintentional top/bottom jokes lmao
(8:12) P: "You can be my panda slave" This is not the first time being a slave and overcooked have come together....:hmmm:

and notes:
-I love the 3 min banty intro. i need more of that.
-how dare Phil suggest that they should have done their tour with Harry Styles. stop teasing my headcanon :(
-I don't think I want to explicitly share with the class my reasoning behind Phil wanting to be the panda, but just know I've got some strong theories about it
-lol "Phil and Phil" as they do arcade mode

I really liked this one! Dan speed talking/yelling instructions stresses me out, so I can see how Phil gets flustered. On that same note, Overcooked does not appear to be a game for Phil, at least in front of a camera.
Charades:
timestamps:
(4:02) Phil cannot count or use his hands and I relate
(8:43) Dan calling Phil a heffalump is cute : (

notes:
-Phil needing to play for something and Dan calling him out about it: "You don't need to justify things Phil" "I need to earn it!"
-The focus is off until 2:55 into the video
-a lot of tit rubbing from Phil
-Phil trying to become a tardis is so fucking funny I love it, and his dalek ended me
-Dan taking the piss out of Phil for Pitch Perfect is just great

I actually rewatched this sometime last week, and I watch the charades videos often because I love them. I think Phil is too much of a lateral thinker for charades to work all the time, but I think both of them in a team for charades would be very good.
Questions:
Charades for sure. I think it's mostly because Dan's rapid yelling stresses me out.
They're so many more innuendos now god. I think gamingmas 2017 was a definite lead into their behaviours in gaming videos now, so it's interesting to make a direct comparison between them. Also the quiff. Yes to the quiff.
Yes! I remember really enjoying it, which is why I've rewatched it recently, because I loved the one when Dan lost his voice.
I have, but not nearly as much as the charades video. It does a bit of both, and while I enjoy it on every rewatch, Dan really does stress me out in that bit.
autumnhearth
senpai

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:09 am Bit late, but here are my thoughts!

Overcooked
First, some small timestamps:
(0:12) D: "well it's not my fault you double pegged yourself" right, thanks Dan
(3:43) toast bants! As a toast lover myself, I can see where Phil is coming from. However, Dan did not need to paint it in that light but he did anyway. I shouldn't have expected anything less, really.
(5:21) unintentional top/bottom jokes lmao
(8:12) P: "You can be my panda slave" This is not the first time being a slave and overcooked have come together....:hmmm:
and notes:
-I love the 3 min banty intro. i need more of that.
-how dare Phil suggest that they should have done their tour with Harry Styles. stop teasing my headcanon :(
-I don't think I want to explicitly share with the class my reasoning behind Phil wanting to be the panda, but just know I've got some strong theories about it
-lol "Phil and Phil" as they do arcade mode
I really liked this one! Dan speed talking/yelling instructions stresses me out, so I can see how Phil gets flustered. On that same note, Overcooked does not appear to be a game for Phil, at least in front of a camera.

Charades:
timestamps:
(4:02) Phil cannot count or use his hands and I relate
(8:43) Dan calling Phil a heffalump is cute : (

notes:
-Phil needing to play for something and Dan calling him out about it: "You don't need to justify things Phil" "I need to earn it!"
-The focus is off until 2:55 into the video
-a lot of tit rubbing from Phil
-Phil trying to become a tardis is so fucking funny I love it, and his dalek ended me
-Dan taking the piss out of Phil for Pitch Perfect is just great

I actually rewatched this sometime last week, and I watch the charades videos often because I love them. I think Phil is too much of a lateral thinker for charades to work all the time, but I think both of them in a team for charades would be very good.
Questions:
Charades for sure. I think it's mostly because Dan's rapid yelling stresses me out.
They're so many more innuendos now god. I think gamingmas 2017 was a definite lead into their behaviours in gaming videos now, so it's interesting to make a direct comparison between them. Also the quiff. Yes to the quiff.
Yes! I remember really enjoying it, which is why I've rewatched it recently, because I loved the one when Dan lost his voice.
I have, but not nearly as much as the charades video. It does a bit of both, and while I enjoy it on every rewatch, Dan really does stress me out in that bit.
Why yes, I am coming here two days later to pretend I watched with you all. And I’m starting by pulling things out of spoilers.

Overcooked
-Loved the intro obvs.
-Toast bants: and yet Dan did not react to Phil’s “get that toast inside me”, he was too busy talking about being buttered, so Phil had to do his own facial expressions to what he himself said. :lol:
-The only necro that has to do with willies is philia. But trust Dan to make everything about sex.
-The only acceptable stirring of Phil’s mum’s yeast is during Christmas Baking with Kath. Anything else is wrong and unacceptable.
-Phil crumbling under the pressure of being in charge and Dan’s intentional apathetic attitude makes me wonder why dom!Phil head canons are so popular on Tumblr. I don’t get it :shrug:

Charades
-Dan wasn’t even looking when Phil mimed bow tie. You gotta use your eyes to play.
-How does Phil know that Dan has never read How the Grinch Stole Christmas? Did they have a deep conversation years ago that there was no Dr. Seuss in Dan’s childhood? Is Dr. Seuss not as big in the UK?
-‘This was fricken between!’ Phil in his big panicky fluster mess voice.
-‘You’re a fricken heffalump you.’ Dan reminding me that his childhood was spent deep in the Hundred Acre Wood.
-Pitch Perfect gets me every time. Dan’s such a little shit.
-Memories of my husband loosing it at ‘who chopped off my penis?’
-Dan is just really cute in this (physically) and Phil is precious. I’m looking forward to this year’s Gamingmas already, I need more Dan and Phil in jumpers. :love1: