Emma Blackery

pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

so ive seen screen shots of emma on twitter (i saw them on instagram) and she was saying that sean (jacksepticeye) and wiishu/signe (jacksepticeye's now ex) were better off like.. not together, and that wiishu was better off and its just like??? why does she like stirring the pot. why is she like this? this is extremely disrespectful to do as signe and sean are still grieving and getting over the breakup (the break up was a few months ago but they just now came out about it which i understand) and i dont understand why emma would pull this shit. most of her replies are still there.

im just really upset and i knew i was right to still have a bad feeling about her.
:transheart:
fancybum
senpai

Skylar wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 pm so ive seen screen shots of emma on twitter (i saw them on instagram) and she was saying that sean (jacksepticeye) and wiishu/signe (jacksepticeye's now ex) were better off like.. not together, and that wiishu was better off and its just like??? why does she like stirring the pot. why is she like this? this is extremely disrespectful to do as signe and sean are still grieving and getting over the breakup (the break up was a few months ago but they just now came out about it which i understand) and i dont understand why emma would pull this shit. most of her replies are still there.

im just really upset and i knew i was right to still have a bad feeling about her.
She's physically incapable of keeping herself out of other people's business and stirring up drama when it doesn't even involve her, and she never learns :roll:
Would it have been so difficult to tweet out support to her friend without making Jack look bad in the process, or without needing to assure everybody that she knows what's really gone on with them, don't worry everybody, Emma knows everything and needs us all to know it for literally no other reason than it makes her feel important. I don't know how her friends put up with her and her need to make their shit public and all about herself; it comes off as her wanting to look like the Supportive Friend (to a bunch of strangers on the internet) who is in the loop rather than just.. being a supportive friend. Also wasn't she "friends" with Jack too for awhile there? Burn those bridges, Emma.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

fancybum wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Skylar wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 pm so ive seen screen shots of emma on twitter (i saw them on instagram) and she was saying that sean (jacksepticeye) and wiishu/signe (jacksepticeye's now ex) were better off like.. not together, and that wiishu was better off and its just like??? why does she like stirring the pot. why is she like this? this is extremely disrespectful to do as signe and sean are still grieving and getting over the breakup (the break up was a few months ago but they just now came out about it which i understand) and i dont understand why emma would pull this shit. most of her replies are still there.

She's physically incapable of keeping herself out of other people's business and stirring up drama when it doesn't even involve her, and she never learns :roll:
Would it have been so difficult to tweet out support to her friend without making Jack look bad in the process, or without needing to assure everybody that she knows what's really gone on with them, don't worry everybody, Emma knows everything and needs us all to know it for literally no other reason than it makes her feel important. I don't know how her friends put up with her and her need to make their shit public and all about herself; it comes off as her wanting to look like the Supportive Friend (to a bunch of strangers on the internet) who is in the loop rather than just.. being a supportive friend. Also wasn't she "friends" with Jack too for awhile there? Burn those bridges, Emma.
yeah she did the christmas charity live stream with him, pj, pixlpit, and crankgameplays i believe. i dont understand why its so hard for emma to message signe privately :/ their relationship business is not everyone to know. im just blessed that signe and sean both trusted us enough to even let us know that they broke up in the first place.
:transheart:
intoapuddle
spork

anyone see this under one of her instagram posts this past week?

it's been a while since she adressed that. wondering if she'll ever talk about it for more than just fleeting mentions.
fancybum
senpai

intoapuddle wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:07 am it's been a while since she adressed that. wondering if she'll ever talk about it for more than just fleeting mentions.
She discusses it (or discusses not wanting to discuss it) in her vid today (at 16:45):

Other things:
1:12 "But the fact is, I'm straight. There's nothing else to it"
"sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear"
Wow so brave. (sorry but her being perplexed about why so many people might be interested after she literally made a video talking about maybe being into girls (or whatever the hell she was even trying to say) and embarrassingly thirsting after Dodie online for a period of time there is just,, ugh. Like cool be open about being "sexually confused" but don't then follow that up with a flippant 'whoa why does anybody care lol how weird that young (and etc) people are desperate to see more people like them that aren't the majority, huh it's like I don't understand the internet or possibly my own fanbase, anyway I'm straight and let me tell you how much I specifically love male genitalia and boning my boyfriend' like ok.. congrats. It's not the message, it's the delivery :sideeye: )

2:23 her new secret boyfriend "is not going to be in videos or anything like that"

8:40 no longer vegan (nor vegetarian), was only vegan because she was living with Luke and it made her sick because she wasn't doing it right. "give me shit for it, go right ahead" oh god i really can't stand her

16:45 "Yes, I have borderline personality disorder. I was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago, and I believe that I have suffered from it since my early teens. But I'm never going to make a video talking about it. I refuse to be a spokesperson, like people want me to be, on borderline personality disorder."
19:20 "It is so, so personal and it is such a struggle at times that I just don't want to put it out there."

21:33 "I've had a boob job." last August, two weeks before her book tour
"I don't regret it whatsoever, I feel so much more confident with my figure."
intoapuddle
spork

^ yeah i saw that. i don't like emma but i did like what she had to say about living with a mental illness. not having to explain every detail about that stuff while still saying it's something you struggle with i reckon is a good balance. to talk about mental health but still not overshare.

but other than that, ugh. she is annoyed with basically every question. the title says honesty, and i guess she delivered that, but she does in a way like "ugh you guys with your questions? who cares?" does she understand what having an long-time viewership means? yes, people will care after several years. she says she's grateful for it but it doesn't show behind her eyes at all.

RE: "i can appreciate a good looking woman, but to ever be intimate with them in that way...." , "i love male genitalia. i am straight. it's who i am. sorry."

eh... no. it's an unscripted video, it's a train of thoughts. but i still think she should've really considered how she talked about that. imo she would've been better off saying "yeah, i'm not confused anymore. i'm straight." and left it at that. the entire segment is reminiscent of how trevor moran came out as cis. there was a lot more at stake for trevor, to be fair, since he was considering a medical transition. but i really just hate when people kind of dabble in those thoughts and behaviours and feel like they have to make a statement about it, especially to a large audience. it doesn't help anything. they might feel like it does, but it doesn't. it confuses the conversation. it puts a spotlight on straight/cis people that they shouldn't have. you don't have a say in how it feels to be different in that way just because there was a time in your life where you thought about it. emma's poor attempt at tackling this just furthers this notion.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

And this where I’m finally done with her. Girl made a video a while back about how she wasn’t sure if she was straight and maybe liking girls and I rooted for her, I really did, then she didn’t talk about this in ages just to bring it back with a prissy “I’m sorry, I’m straight”. There’s nothing wrong with questioning your sexuality but if you make a whole ass video about how you’re maybe a wlw you don’t get to be offended when people aren’t happy with you offhandedly being like: “Oh wait, I’m straight after all, forgot to tell you”.

This is skeevy af and feels like she tried to win over lgbtq viewers after her breakup with Luke. Idk, maybe she really was questioning it at the time and that’s fine and normal but the minute she realised she was straight she should’ve said something imo, there are young lgbtq viewers out there yearning for representation and of course they supported her when she called herself biromantic. She even ended up on some lgbtq youtubers lists. I’m just… angry? Not about her making the original video if that was how she felt back then but about brushing this off like it’s no big deal now. It's a damn big deal for many people and it just shows how little she seems to realise that she has to take responsibility for the content she puts out and the stuff she says.
eevee
emo goose

Hey everyone! Wow, looks like emma blackery is hardcore appropriating bisexual culture!!!! wow!!!!!!

I'm writing today to tell you a bedtime story of how emma, after years of shading her on my twitter, finally noticed.

It was a day like any other when I saw this tweet of hers: So I thought of tweeting this: Note that I didn't tag her or reply her...haha. Nothing unusual for me to tweet.

But this time was very different because I was blessed with this: My very first emma notice haha!

I had thoughts: I honestly contemplated starring out her name and decided against it lol...bad idea

I noticed that emma had said this to someone asking her why she was searching her name on twitter: What does this mean? Mango asks the real questions: Then I logged in and RTd & responded to the above emma tweet: And my beloved IDB family swooped in to support me: Then I guess Emma couldn't take all the pressure because: And now I'm having a party :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

@eevee that was legendary and actually made my night. She really is a vain disaster but I'm living for the shade and snarky updates here.
kavat
pastel persona

I want to like her so bad but I just wish she stayed off twitter. I'm hoping her manager or someone convinced her to not go through with it and destroy whatever youtube credibility she might have left. I get the temptation, especially after her rewind video last year went pretty viral, but I'm glad she changed her mind.

Not that I trust her to not change her mind again, say "fuck it" and upload it anyway. She's done that before.
000dia000
emo goose

Emma really wrecks my head. I think the issue I have sometimes is that normally people really take time to make decisions and to share personal info - why would you make a video all about you not being straight and then a year later say you definitely are straight? Like, what?? Her initial video made sense in the case that she was a full grown woman insinuating about coming to terms with stuff she kind of repressed...but now she's just like lol-no? Emma, you really need to take time to dwell on things and not share until you are a hundred percent sure. Keeping her boyfriend and YouTube separate will work well for the long run and the first time she's done that so congrats.

I know she has always been flippant but I don't think she understands that people in general are like :roll: with her, not because of who she is or her identity but because of her behaviour. She starts chaos, leaves a trail of destruction and then when people are like ????what??? she doesn't get why people are annoyed or confused. Rinse and repeat this every few months and she also doesn't get why people are surprised by her new "projects." Now, not to undermine sexuality/identity crisises in real life that people actually go through as they are valid, but for Emma it just felt like another project that fell through :shrug:
:cactus:
Birdie
blobfish

000dia000 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:44 pm Emma really wrecks my head. I think the issue I have sometimes is that normally people really take time to make decisions and to share personal info - why would you make a video all about you not being straight and then a year later say you definitely are straight? Like, what?? Her initial video made sense in the case that she was a full grown woman insinuating about coming to terms with stuff she kind of repressed...but now she's just like lol-no? Emma, you really need to take time to dwell on things and not share until you are a hundred percent sure. Keeping her boyfriend and YouTube separate will work well for the long run and the first time she's done that so congrats.

I know she has always been flippant but I don't think she understands that people in general are like :roll: with her, not because of who she is or her identity but because of her behaviour. She starts chaos, leaves a trail of destruction and then when people are like ????what??? she doesn't get why people are annoyed or confused. Rinse and repeat this every few months and she also doesn't get why people are surprised by her new "projects." Now, not to undermine sexuality/identity crisises in real life that people actually go through as they are valid, but for Emma it just felt like another project that fell through :shrug:
This is exactly what I was trying to say in my ranty post from the other day, thanks. I think instead of reinventing herself every few months it would be great for her if she maybe took a break from social media and Youtube to figure stuff out. She's messy af and she puts that messiness online for everyone to see but then she doesn't want to deal with it and that's the whole problem. It's why I'm so I tired of her even though I used to love her channel a few years ago, I don't want to support someone who keeps creating drama every other day.
sentinel
lady door

eevee wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:26 am
Hey everyone! Wow, looks like emma blackery is hardcore appropriating bisexual culture!!!! wow!!!!!!

I'm writing today to tell you a bedtime story of how emma, after years of shading her on my twitter, finally noticed.

It was a day like any other when I saw this tweet of hers: So I thought of tweeting this: Note that I didn't tag her or reply her...haha. Nothing unusual for me to tweet.

But this time was very different because I was blessed with this: My very first emma notice haha!

I had thoughts: I honestly contemplated starring out her name and decided against it lol...bad idea

I noticed that emma had said this to someone asking her why she was searching her name on twitter: What does this mean? Mango asks the real questions: Then I logged in and RTd & responded to the above emma tweet: And my beloved IDB family swooped in to support me: Then I guess Emma couldn't take all the pressure because: And now I'm having a party :)
Lmao Emma "I don't search myself anywhere" Blackery, who in 2011 found a mildly shady post about her (I said her eyeshadow was bad) I made in my phandom blog and dedicated like 3 tweets to me calling me a bitch :') Congrats Eevee!
eevee
emo goose

Thank you obsessivelymoody and sentinel !
000dia000 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:44 pm She starts chaos, leaves a trail of destruction and then when people are like ????what??? she doesn't get why people are annoyed or confused.
YESSSSS this is so accurate!!!

Now that I think about it, one time she replied to me after she tweeted asking what we wanted to see on her beauty channel. I told her what everyone else was telling her, basically not to use amateur techniques when it's supposed to be a beauty guru channel. She replied to me all nasty and snarky like she usually does. Girl, I answered your question!

I'm still not over that she basically queerbaited us in a planned, orchestrated way for years in attempt to maintain a dedicated viewership. I wonder if she took inspiration from our favorite tall British lads...
But it is ONE thing to be confused about your sexuality and realize you are straight, and ANOTHER to blatantly appropriate bisexuality for oppression points. And what she did is disgusting. I'm so sick of straight people saying they're bisexual or biromantic but "don't actually like the same sex that much" or "wouldn't actually date the same sex" or whatever. If you wouldn't actually do it, you are NOT BISEXUAL and you are giving us ALL a bad look.

p.s., here's a little extra close to the saga:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Birdie
blobfish

eevee wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:52 pm But it is ONE thing to be confused about your sexuality and realize you are straight, and ANOTHER to blatantly appropriate bisexuality for oppression points. And what she did is disgusting. I'm so sick of straight people saying they're bisexual or biromantic but "don't actually like the same sex that much" or "wouldn't actually date the same sex" or whatever. If you wouldn't actually do it, you are NOT BISEXUAL and you are giving us ALL a bad look.
Wait, did she actually do this more than once? I just know about her video and that's bad enough but did she actually allude to being bi other than that? :| I'm just... I hope more people realise how bad this is and won't let her brush it under the rug like she's trying to do.
fancybum
senpai

Promoting and defending her dear friend pewdiepie:
When is "he wasn't aware" or "he didn't mean to" going to be maxed out on the excuses list. Die on that hill Emma.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Emma is quickly going from "annoying" to "despicable" for me, tbh. It's just too many things piled up.
Deppy were guilty of associating with Felix too, but luckily, we've not had any mentions of that for months now. But she goes out of her way to defend him, and that recent "honest Q&A" was horrid.

Someone get that girl a manager with a brain so that she can learn how to behave if she wants to stay in the industry.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i have bpd and she needs to learn like i have that you cannot blame everything on your mental illness. you can’t expect people to make allowances for you just because you have a personality disorder.
fancybum
senpai

K I haven't been paying any attention to her lately, but apparently she deleted her twitter and instagram today? I tried to check the other site for why, and it just looks like a whole lot of crazy :? . Does anybody sane know what's going on? Is it just because some drama channel posted a vid about her? And/or her boyfriend is sketch? Or something?

Context:
I couldn't get through much of this because this guy seems really smug and annoying and I couldn't deal with it; I'm not really a fan of drama channels. And I only vaguely know what it's about through seeing Evan Edinger talk/tweet about it awhile ago - some British guy who apparently didn't sexually harass/assault people "as bad" as was stated a few years ago but still sounds like a creep? And this drama channel guy is his friend and is on some mission to clear his name? And Evan Edinger just doubled down on calling them both creeps? And now Emma's involved? I don't know, it all seems very convoluted to barely half-pay attention to, which is what I've been half-doing. Does anybody have cliff's notes?
kavat
pastel persona

Hm. I saw Evan rant about the Karim thing on tumblr a while back but I didn't know Emma was involved. She said a few weeks ago that she was taking time off twitter but now she seems to have a full social media crisis.

Idk man. It's hard to keep up or care.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I have no idea, but tbh I quite like her and she has good friends eg Carrie Hope Fletcher who hopefully she's talking to instead of on the twits and 'gram. Maybe she just needs a clean break so she's not tempted to log back in?

edit to add: ooh, I'm a koi pond now!
obvsly
#relatable

I followed the story about this Karim guy on Twitter for a while but I haven’t got a clue how Emma got involved in this. Couldn’t get through the video @fancybum posted either. That host is intolerable.

There’s a rumor going around that an older guy she’s dating (her tour manager or something?) is still married and not really in the process of getting divorced from his wife. On top of that, he was actually in a long term relationship with yet another lady when he started seeing Emma. This sounds like pure gossip to me so I’m not paying it much attention. But if any of that happens to be true, she’s probably going through a difficult time.
000dia000
emo goose

obvsly wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:07 am There’s a rumor going around that an older guy she’s dating (her tour manager or something?) is still married and not really in the process of getting divorced from his wife. On top of that, he was actually in a long term relationship with yet another lady when he started seeing Emma. This sounds like pure gossip to me so I’m not paying it much attention. But if any of that happens to be true, she’s probably going through a difficult time.
Okay okay okay. That rumour sounds so bizarre, and if true I can see why Emma was reluctant to share any information about him on her channel. Sounds messy if true. Out of curiosity, where did you read these the rumours?
:cactus:
alien
procrastinator

If anyone is curious Emma posted an update to her reddit page earlier today
https://www.reddit.com/r/EmmaBlackery/c ... d_leaving/
My statement - Karim/Edwin situation and leaving social media self.EmmaBlackery

Submitted 4 hours ago * by emmablackeryThe Official One - announcement

Hi guys,

Firstly I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone that's been so kind about my sudden departure from social media - I've been shown tweets and posts and had a lot of texts that have reminded me of just how many people care about my wellbeing. It was made apparent to me when people began to contact my parents that I probably needed to give an explanation rather than just leave.

One morning about a week ago, I woke up to a couple of things happening that made me deactivate Twitter and Instagram for the first time in seven years:

A video about me involving a past situation was posted by an individual named Edwin, a close friend of the person I fell out with. This video painted me and my behaviour in a one-sided light and I will elaborate on my feelings about it in a moment;

An online forum began to take it upon themselves to deep dive into my friend's life, including his wife's social media, purely because of speculation that he is my 'mystery boyfriend'. Another individual linked to my friend - who has personally harassed me, my fans, and my real life friends - also discovered the forum and began to spout their own grievances on my 'thread'.

Between the video that led to hundreds of people discussing what a horrible human I am, and my friend's life being dragged across a public forum purely because he has association with me - it was enough for me to come to the conclusion that right now, social media just isn't for me. I'm not strong enough to cope with it. It has been that way for a long while, and I've been in denial about it for too long. My self-worth would all depend on what was being said about me - I'd spend hours a day looking at forums and indirect tweets (yes, I've lied in the past saying I don't check - I got back into that bad habit a while ago) as well as creatively struggling and feeling very lost in terms of 'identity'. I still do.

I have deleted my Twitter and Instagram, and unless I reactivate them for my team to promote my music with, I will not be personally coming back to them until I am ready. I have also taken it upon myself to live on my savings until I am ready to return to making videos. I do not yet know when I will be back and feeling emotionally mature enough to post on social media and deal with any backlash and criticism.

So, the Karim situation:

For those of you not up-to-date, please click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNIiEOj3Xek

An individual named Edwin posted the above video about a week ago, using my name and image to push a very one-sided narrative about a situation that involved myself and his friend Karim Slimani. Karim was someone who lived with my then-boyfriend and friends, and in 2014 was accused of asking his fans for naked photos on Snapchat and other messaging apps (edit: at time of me writing this, only one post is still up online, and because we all rely on physical proof, I guess we'll hear that it is 'just one person' but as I recall there were multiple at the time. Can't prove it now, but that is how I remember it)

Evan's post will provide the sources of proof for these accusations, and these were the statements from the time. I personally believe these accusations to be true, just as I did in 2014. As far as I can recall, there is no physical proof that disproves all of the multiple accusations made regarding Karim.

After these accusations came to light, I was extremely upset and publicly distanced myself from Karim due to his behaviour. I do not regret this decision, I stand by it, and I will not apologise for it, no matter how hard his friend tries to push this narrative of innocence. As far as I can recall, my decision to no longer associate myself with Karim had nothing to do with the statement made by Dodie regarding Karim making her feel extremely uncomfortable. There has also been another account of Karim making a woman feel uncomfortable (which you can read in Evan's post) which I have been told Edwin was personally informed about but chose not to discuss it because it was 'not relevant'. I can only tell you that my sources for this come from personal communication that I trust, and cannot provide physical proof for this, but I hope this speaks volumes about the potential for bias in Edwin's content.

Five years after I distanced myself from Karim publicly, Edwin tweets me (and others) out of the blue with what was essentially a demand to apologise to Karim for 'ruining' his career - I got angry at this sudden reminder of the situation (I didn't live with Karim, or kick him out a house - I sent an angry tweet five years ago) and again lashed out on Twitter towards Edwin, which led to him making a video about me. I regretted lashing out and deleted my tweet in twenty minutes due to that regret of how I came across. This entire situation has made me realise that I need to sit on my emotions more and not instantly reply to people who are trying their hardest to get a reaction out of me.

When speaking to my ex-boyfriend about his text message to Karim (which Karim then sent on to Edwin...) I was also made aware that his text was taken out of context, possibly in order to make my choice to distance myself from Karim look irrational in comparison to other people who were there at the time.

Regardless of which 'side' you take in this five year old drama, I'd ask you all to remember that EVERY story has three sides - the truth usually sits somewhere in the middle, devoid of bias and emotion. I would like to apologise for likening Karim to a 'waster' if his behaviour was in fact down to having depression, as claimed. If this is true, then my words were unfair. However, I do hope that down the line, Edwin apologises for sweeping Karim's actions under the rug by calling them merely an 'abuse of power' in his comments section whilst making multiple videos trying to bring this person back into a community of young people. Edwin did address Karim about this topic and there is proof in his video of Karim ADMITTING his actions, but I personally just feel as though an apology for talking to underage girls just isn't enough to make everything 'okay' for him to return.

I am sad that a fall-out that occurred five years ago that involved myself, my friends, Karim and his victims has now been dragged into the public eye and now involves over 150,000 people. I am sure the girls that I believe Karim has affected would not be happy to have their situation brought back to light.

That is my final statement on the issue and I am sure a video will be made about it, which is why I was so hesitant to make one. However, I have been backed into a corner - reply, and get another biased video made. Ignore it, and be accused of 'running away'. I will not apologise to someone who I believe asked underage girls for naked photos and made women feel uncomfortable. I will not attempt to 'hear out' a story which I believe will be full of wrongful denials over a situation that belongs firmly in the past.

Now, as for leaving:

No, I didn't leave to 'run away'. No, I didn't leave to make people worry. I realised that I had got to the point where my presence online was affecting people in the real world who didn't deserve it. My friends and family were all noticing a change in my behaviour over the past year or so, and I was stubborn enough to deny that I was having problems coping with feeling unoriginal and uncreative. My passion for creating videos had completely died, I had no idea who I was anymore, I was desperately trying to take inspiration from Instagram bloggers and self-help YouTube creators without realising I was heading for a crash and burn.

My BPD symptoms had gotten completely out of control; feeling completely empty, acting irrationally angry and unable to take any criticism (and even a slight suggestion from anyone could have been perceived as 'hate' in my brain) - and so whilst I am taking this break, I am focusing on the real world, strengthening my relationships, and finally committing to going to therapy twice a week to address my BPD. This is something I have avoided since my diagnosis because accepting that this a life-long stigma is terrifying. I am done sweeping it under the rug now I have been able to see the damage I have caused to my friends, family and career over the years.

So anyway, this is it for a while - my socials may become reactivated to post about my next single (which should be out in just over a month or so) but I will not be participating in posting any statuses until I feel I am able to do so with an emotionally mature mind.

Thanks again, and hopefully see you all soon. Take care.

Emma
kavat
pastel persona

That... surprisingly level headed for Emma. But that has always been her pattern: lash out, step back, come to a clarity, think she has changed enough to handle it this time which she does for a while until the cycle starts again. Her management must have a handful with her.

It's good to see her address her bpd and it's effect on her life, and that she's taking actions. Let's hope she sticks with it this time.