Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

I’m British and I would say floor for indoor spaces and ground for outdoor spaces, so it might be just Phil?

I’m 100% not bothered that they have sets to film in. I think it’s a healthy thing and is a good way to maintain the barrier between what they will and won’t share.
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm ^ Yep, Dan’s little ‘uh oh’ from that first liveshow is still fresh in my mind. I wonder if they’ll have to pay for replacement sofas when they move, what with all the stains (pizza grease being the most recent) or do they have a really good upholstery cleane?. When Phil said he would put the plaid candle in his bedroom, I was just wondering which one. I like joint videos done in their formal lounge, feels natural plus great lighting. And I’m still very curious about the future of AP.

When they move, how many bedrooms/office spaces do you think they realistically need? Would it be best to keep a separate work flat? Or can they find a way to still separate work and private life in one home? If they lived in the American suburbs it would be easy to just have a finished basement dedicated to that, but I imagine it’s a lot trickier in London. But as long as neither of them are regularly filming in their master/actual bedroom(s) I think that’s healthy. Does it matter to any of you as viewers? Does knowing some rooms are “sets” affect your enjoyment of their content? I’d say I’m just mildly amused at this point, but I don’t know how I’d feel if they kept up Phil’s bedroom in their next move. Anyone else occasionally search for forever homes with a multimillion pound budget for them just for fun? Just me?

The gaming video was great, I didn’t feel like recalling all the things that were said yesterday right after watching, knowing you guys would cover them all anyway. Nor did I feel like writing a post to say that Phil’s quiff looked great. But umm has anyone mentioned that? Cause damn it looked great.
I still don’t understand why Brits and Americans use floor and ground differently. It’s not just Phil right?
My reply to Phils tweet was: “Someone Danish and unmarried (who has Danish friends who are complete assholes 😀) turned 25. It’s a Danish tradition to pour obscene amounts of cinnamon on someone like that. At 30 it’s pepper.”

One of my friends was allowed to put on a gas mask he owns, was dragged outside under a streetlamp and had a kilo of cinnamon poured over him. I was nicer to him and gave him a cake made of cinnamon swirls. (kanelsnegle = cinnamon snails in Danish)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
im not a native speaker so, how normal is it to call someone like that? and is it just for friends or just for someone you're in a relationship with?
i've talked about this with my best friend but from a not native point of view, there may be connotations or whatever that we don't understand :shrug:
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 pm i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
im not a native speaker so, how normal is it to call someone like that? and is it just for friends or just for someone you're in a relationship with?
i've talked about this with my best friend but from a not native point of view, there may be connotations or whatever that we don't understand :shrug:
I'm not a native speaker either, so I googled it, checked urban dictionary and I'm happy. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Do people say that to friends? It's super sweet regardless.
bub - a soft way to call someone you love very much :happytears:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

yes i checked on urban dictionary too!! so that's why i'm wondering :happytears:

edit to add this
:gayaf:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 pm i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
I'm not a native speaker either, so I googled it, checked urban dictionary and I'm happy. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Do people say that to friends? It's super sweet regardless.
I've never really seen it as a cute or lovey sort of word- it's more like calling someone kid, pal or buddy I think? It's kind of famous for being used by Wolverine in a ton of comic books and movies.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Ablissa
pastel persona

onceinaugust wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 pm
Ablissa wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm
I've never really seen it as a cute or lovey sort of word- it's more like calling someone kid, pal or buddy I think? It's kind of famous for being used by Wolverine in a ton of comic books and movies.
Dawww that makes a lot more sense. It sounded too good to be true :lol: Thank you!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yeah, it's not that special a word. Any time I've heard it, it tends to be meant either as cute or condescending.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm
Anyone else occasionally search for forever homes with a multimillion pound budget for them just for fun? Just me?
Thank god I’m not the only one! I found a lovely one just north of the city that would be so perfect for them. It is quite fun to look at the incredible homes and imagine what they would do and how they would style them.
Ablissa
pastel persona

@flarequake Thank you! I'll take cute, even if it's not as cute as I hoped. :lol:
(it's a video so I recommend checking the post)

First: SO DOMESTIC. THANK YOU PHIL. :happytears:
Second: Anyone remember whose dog is Frank? I think it's known, but I can't remember. (yes I'm nosy)
Last edited by Ablissa on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

oh no :( :( too cute :( :(

I wonder if they pulled the same thing on Lauren they did Louise, lmao - 'great visit but now we have a movie date planned, sorry.'
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I am living for Dan and Phil casually posting pics and stories of each other without silly captions to justify the gesture or whatever. They're just out there, sharing things just because they want to. What a year, man. I can't get over it.
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
I wonder if they pulled the same thing on Lauren they did Louise, lmao - 'great visit but now we have a movie date planned, sorry.'

Absolutely. I'm ready to bet on it lmao
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

Popcorn and dog visits. :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm oh no :( :( too cute :( :(

they want some bro time
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

ratlad wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
Okay, I guess I'm a fake fan, who's Lauren?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sapienveneficus wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 pm
ratlad wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
Okay, I guess I'm a fake fan, who's Lauren?
Lauren Koontz, she was on tour with them and works with IRL Digital. (Or maybe for IRL Digital? I know she was with Distict Lines but I'm still unsure if she officially left there and does IRL full time or if it's a partnership.)
Ablissa
pastel persona

:babuse: SPON ALERT :babuse:

Watch party update: we're hosting an IDB-only watch party this weekend! Sunday, Oct 14th. We will start at 1 PM UTC / 2 PM BST and keep the thread open for the entire day, so either start with us at that time, or pop in whenever you like! After a few hours, I'll post some questions to get the discussion going! :)

We are voting for a pair of videos to watch this Sunday - the theme is old vs new gaming videos! Click here and vote for the videos!

I hope we'll have some people this week too! We're planning to expand this to the rest of the Phandom on Oct 21st, I'll post the details tomorrow :) (you can vote for videos for that too - we changed them a bit so new votes are welcome)

Also, this "project" now has a tumblr and twitter if anyone wants to follow that and help us spon it soon haha
autumnhearth
senpai

ratlad wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm oh no :( :( too cute :( :(

they want some bro time
That’s okay, Lauren had girl time with Sarah. (eta: actually it might have been non gender exclusive Thai time as there’s a third plate in Lauren’s instastory and someone had to take the pic.)

Re: the name “bub” I don’t think it was meant as a term of endearment, but I could see how it could turn into one, the platonic bro version of babe. My sister and her family call their dogs “bubbies” because one of them looked like a big bub.
liola
rankussy

Isn't that Sarah's dog? I thought this was Laurens dog

Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

I don’t know anything for sure, but I Lauren might have two puppers (or none!2hich when your job is traveling makes sense). Frank isn’t anywhere on Sarah’s Instagram and she even has a special section of saved stories featuring animals, she is definitely a mother of cats. Frank is in one Instagram photo of Lauren’s and in her story today (I don’t see any saved stories and I stopped following everyone after the North American leg). But I guess he could belong to someone else in IRL. Someone get that puppet a paternity test! Wait no, that wouldn’t help. Also who would be the dachshund’s mention parents, who Lauren was also reunited with? Canine parents or owners? :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean

liola wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 pm
Isn't that Sarah's dog? I thought this was Laurens dog

i just checked and i don't think it's her dog bc it has an ig account and it states their owner in the description :-0
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

:candycorn: Moderator Note :candycorn:

:blowingleaves: Happy Autumn/Fall/Halloween Month/Spooky Week Anticipation/Pumpkin Spice Latte Season! :spoopy:

:leafpile: To celebrate the season, we've created some new emoji/emoticons/smilies. You'll find some on the posting page, and more when you click "View more smilies". While you're on the full smiley page, you may notice that we've done some tidying and improved the organization, so you can find the best emoji for all your emoticon needs. (And you can always request new ones here.) :blowingleaves:

Special shoutout to @rizzo for an awesome Pumpkin Spice Latte! :psl: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
ratlad
angel bean

:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:
YAY!!! candy corn is underrated :skeleton:
autumnhearth
senpai

ratlad wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:
YAY!!! candy corn is underrated :skeleton:
Is it though? :sideeye:

Hmm so Winnie the Weenie has humans, but Frank the Dog appears to be his own person who shows up to IRL meetings, he probably has a share in the company.

Thanks @rizzo now I really want to try that maple latte :psl: