Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

Jumping into the bub discussion like at least 12 hours too late, but I actually do perceive it to be affectionate/endearing? I always thought of it as a more casual version of babe/baby - is that not what it means? Like short for 'bubba'?

It definitely isn't inherently romantic, since I remember my aunt calling my cousin bub as a term of endearment when he was little, but I definitely wouldn't call someone that I wasn't particularly close to 'bub'.

I don't think Dan meant much by it of course, as it was just a throwaway teasing comment, but my understanding of it at least according to Australian English (which is usually closer to UK English than US English) is that it's literally derived from the word 'baby', and is generally used as a casual term of endearment or pet name.
annabanana
sofa crease

A cute moment from the Mario Party vid that I missed until rewatching just now was during the last mini game when Phil says "I am perfect at catching popcorn in my own mouth" and Dan easily confirms it "You are indeed". I can just imagine them sat at opposite ends of their sofa tossing popcorn at the other to catch. :corn:

i am staying at an airbnb this weekend and the bed I am using has phil's duvet cover. it was a bit surreal seeing it outside of a video! v comfy though
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I think the word bub is derived from baby, my older cousins used to call me and my cousin the bubs when we were little and they were teenagers, but the way Dan said it sound more like “mate”.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

annabanana wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:45 pm
i am staying at an airbnb this weekend and the bed I am using has phil's duvet cover. it was a bit surreal seeing it outside of a video! v comfy though
I once stayed at a friend's place and she gave me Dan's covers. Was definitely weird!

On-topic comment: I hope that one day Phil will embrace his Capita£ester nature and we'll get a Millionaires Shortbread baking video.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

flarequake wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:53 pm I think the word bub is derived from baby, my older cousins used to call me and my cousin the bubs when we were little and they were teenagers, but the way Dan said it sound more like “mate”.
OK, I need to pull my linguist cap on (or maybe just my own American perspective): whereas "bub" may be associated with "baby", and used that way, I believe it's a short form of "bubba", which is probably formed from "brother", though there are lots of other interesting influences, see here.

Anyway, I've always heard "bub" used in the same context as "bro", or "mate". :platonic:

:blowingleaves: :blowingleaves: :leafpile: :blowingleaves: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

too cute :skeleton:
:gayaf:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

"The D 'n P apartment". How cute is that? Have they referred to themselves/their home that way before?

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
autumnhearth
senpai

lefthandedism wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:14 pm "The D 'n P apartment". How cute is that? Have they referred to themselves/their home that way before?

It is cute, though it feels a tad weird. I don’t think they have, but there are many older liveshows I haven’t watched still, so don’t take my word for it. Phil recently referred to them to dip and pip recently didn’t he? :?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I don’t know that we use the word bubba in England, the first I ever heard of it was in Forrest Gump, but that makes sense.

Spooky scary cracker bowl by Daniel Howell coming soon to an iTunes near you. I love his high singing voice, sounds so sweet. Good use of the spooky bowl too. There were some brilliant spider net curtains on Nowhere Boys as part of the goth boy’s room decorations (just watched it, goth boy is cute, sorry, off-topic). Dan did call them Dip and Pip in one of their last Rize liveshows, it was lovely that they’d seen in and threw it in there.

So funny to hear of people having the checkered Ikea bedsheets. Being from Ikea, I guess they’re not very rare (I have a dolphin print set, not from Ikea, that turned up on My Family years later too). I was tempted by the red and orange set, but would have had to go to the shop for it, it’s a long way without a car.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This isn't like a spectacular tweet or anything but I very much appreciate knowing they're having a nice chill Saturday enjoying their food and together time.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I honestly live for their insta stories. I can't believe we all survived without them before. But the more I get, the more I want - I've been sitting here wishing for Dan to post a story as well. :lol:
The tweet from Phil was very on brand, but yeah, I love that they're having a chill night with takeaway. Sigh, how great it is to have them to live vicariously through.

Quick reminder that we're doing our second IDB watch party tomorrow (Sunday Oct 14th), starting at 2 PM BST. Join in at that time or whenever you want, as we want the discussion to keep going throughout the day! We're watching their first DAPG video and comparing it to their latest Crash Bandicoot. :)
I'll post the thread for it in the morning! Hope some of you will join us :)
autumnhearth
senpai

This response sounds like Dan and his dips:
Also Phil’s Twitter header is really cute right now (and it’s a spon)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I haven't had time to come here but I wanted to profess my love for Dan and Phil this whole week, both live shows were amazing and relaxing, the charity merch is an incredible idea and I really really wish I had the money to get it, the gaming video was so fun and the ig stories that they keep gifting us with..... Just love, love, love.

I have nothing to add to the bub conversation just wanted to say that in my 8/9 years of knowing how to speak english I've never heard it before and I found it to be the cutest thing, his tone while saying it was both fond and playful that I didn't even need to google it to get what he meant. :love1:

dnp/dip and pip: It's definitively weird seeing them use ours words (ours as the phandom) that we use to communicate between us instead of actively tweeting/messaging them with it, its a little reminder that they see a lot of what goes around not just what they are tagged on, BUT it's also very cute, I might have a mini heart attack if they ever use 'deppy' tho

The new emojis are super cute! :psl: :blowingleaves: :leafpile: :blowingleaves: :psl: thank you!!

Ablissa wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:44 pm Quick reminder that we're doing our second IDB watch party tomorrow (Sunday Oct 14th), starting at 2 PM BST. Join in at that time or whenever you want, as we want the discussion to keep going throughout the day! We're watching their first DAPG video and comparing it to their latest Crash Bandicoot. :)
I'll post the thread for it in the morning! Hope some of you will join us :)
Yeesss! I had so much fun last time! Please join if you can!!!!
karma_yeah
philussy

:stan: :stan:
:indepthbaths: has an EXCEPTIONALLY STRONG emoji game :ghostclaps:

HAPPY :spoopy: month everyone :pumpkinphil: :pumpkinphil:
What goes around, comes around Image
knq
lava lamp

I was rewatching the Dan and Phil and Dogs video the other day and I noticed on the boards planning out their calendar they were often referred to as D&P. Some of their colleagues must refer to them that way.

When Phil says it he sounds like my mother and I when we try to use ‘woke’ in conversation though. :lol:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

:tinfoil: Loving Phil’s mention of the “Dnp apartment” (singular) so soon after #twoflats reared it’s head again.
U lurking Philly? :tinfoil:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm just gonna take this moment of to #spon the new FAQs post - all about Jimmy and his history with Dan and Phil. (Mostly Phil. But also Dan!)

Updating the FAQs is still an ongoing process, so if you have any threads you'd like to see or any topics covered there that aren't currently covered please let us know.
leg-dab
first-time poster
Pronouns: she/they

LadyLackless wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 am :tinfoil: Loving Phil’s mention of the “Dnp apartment” (singular) so soon after #twoflats reared it’s head again.
I can guess what #twoflats is about given context, but what actually spurred this conspiracy? I'm a relatively new phannie, I started watching them in late 2016 and I kinda dropped out of the phandom between like February and August of this year.

(also this is my first ever post hello friends)
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I'm really excited to see that Phil has liked two threads on Twitter about games people want them to play during Spooky Week!! Halloween is on a Wednesday, so I'm guessing Spooky Week will either start on either Friday the 26th or Saturday the 27th, depending on whether or not there's a Halloween baking this year?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:15 pm I'm really excited to see that Phil has liked two threads on Twitter about games people want them to play during Spooky Week!! Halloween is on a Wednesday, so I'm guessing Spooky Week will either start on either Friday the 26th or Saturday the 27th, depending on whether or not there's a Halloween baking this year?
I am very excited for spooky week. It feels like the official start of the holiday season for me.

I hope we get a good mix of scary and funny games and I’m hoping we get baking. I know Phil said they might do Christmas baking but it doesn’t feel like October if we don’t get a Halloween baking from dnp
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Amiaw wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:15 pm I'm really excited to see that Phil has liked two threads on Twitter about games people want them to play during Spooky Week!! Halloween is on a Wednesday, so I'm guessing Spooky Week will either start on either Friday the 26th or Saturday the 27th, depending on whether or not there's a Halloween baking this year?
I am very excited for spooky week. It feels like the official start of the holiday season for me.

I hope we get a good mix of scary and funny games and I’m hoping we get baking. I know Phil said they might do Christmas baking but it doesn’t feel like October if we don’t get a Halloween baking from dnp
I want them to play proper scary games, my sadistic nature wants them to suffer ( I checked out those threads and god, I hope they play Emily Wants To Play),

RE: Baking. Can they do Halloween AND Christmas? It's not gonna happen and they never do more than two baking videos at year, but still. I'll be sad if they don't do halloween baking but the idea of a christmas one fills me with warm fuzzies.

:welcome: ,@leg-dab !
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Does anyone else have a Spooky Week wishlist for games? Besides just wanting them to play at least two genuinely scary ones, I don't actually have specifics in mind. I kind of like when they play horror games I haven't played (which lbr is most of them, it takes me forever and a half to get through a game) so I legit don't know what's coming. I tend to stop looking at detailed plot summaries of scary games before October even hits just so I'm not spoiled for something on the off chance that they play it.
autumnhearth
senpai

leg-dab wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:10 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 am :tinfoil: Loving Phil’s mention of the “Dnp apartment” (singular) so soon after #twoflats reared it’s head again.
I can guess what #twoflats is about given context, but what actually spurred this conspiracy? I'm a relatively new phannie, I started watching them in late 2016 and I kinda dropped out of the phandom between like February and August of this year.

(also this is my first ever post hello friends)
Really just observation over time of the spaces we’ve seen.
There are two lounges, two kitchens (oh and two intercoms) and multiple bedrooms in two distinct styles, the main difference being flooring and doors. Everything with white tile floors and dark (or in a couple cases white) doors has been a designated filming space: the gaming channel room, AmazingPhil room, dinof space, the baking kitchen and the lounge open to it (location of the first joint and a couple Phil liveshows right after they moved, Phil’s viewers pick my outfits and Dan’s 2017 meme vid). Whereas the spaces that we at first saw only on Instagram: the open airy lounge, Dan’s ls piano nook, then eventually Phil’s ls area (all three of these are open to each other and a smaller kitchen we once got a glance of it a Dan ls) the moon room and hallway with stairs all have light wood flooring, light wood doors and seem to be where they genuinely live together, ie spend their free times in the evening, eating, gaming and watching tv and movies. (Oh! and it’s the only place we’ve seen their guests, even for filming, see both Truth Bombs and Lousie’s pregnancy vid). Thus, two flats, one for filming one for living. (Wow I think that’s the most succinct I’ve made that. I’ve had over a year of practice.)
Welcome!

Though I’m a wuss with horror, I thought last year’s spooky week was genuinely lacking. So while I have no suggestions, I’m putting out the general wish for scarier games. I will be brave.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

idk any good horror games, but i'm down to watch the hell out of em! i love scary shit and watching people get scared, although i don't get scared much myself. only sorta creeped out or fascinated. (with fiction, that is)
i just don't like screamers or jumpscares though, sudden loud noises make me anxious. plus they're cheap and stupid most of the time, but it's fine if i watch other people experience them.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
bookfiend
spork

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm Does anyone else have a Spooky Week wishlist for games? Besides just wanting them to play at least two genuinely scary ones, I don't actually have specifics in mind. I kind of like when they play horror games I haven't played (which lbr is most of them, it takes me forever and a half to get through a game) so I legit don't know what's coming. I tend to stop looking at detailed plot summaries of scary games before October even hits just so I'm not spoiled for something on the off chance that they play it.
I have a list I’d like to see them play!

- At least two Five Nights of Freddy games have come out.

- I’ve seen a bunch of parody horror games the last few months based on popular franchises like Spongebob, Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, The Simpsons and Arthur. All made by the same developer, at least one of them would be less scary but entertaining.

- For proper horror I’d go with Visage. I’ve seen both Markiplier and Jackseptieye play it. Honestly, it’s the closest a horror game has come to being as scary as P.T.

- They’d be a little late to the party (as always) but Baldi’s Basics is also pretty good.

Anyone else have anything they’d like to see?