Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Also this may be weird reasoning on my part, but I feel like the video isn't going to be a ton of spon for the movie because if they really wanted it tied to II, they would be wearing their II "style" clothes. It doesn't look like either of them are wearing black/red/stripes which they said multiple times is the II branding, so I think this may just be a brief part of the video.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

god, i have been begging for more sincerity and candidness on AmazingPhil for so long and it feels like we’re less than 24 hours away from getting it and any trepidation about this video is completely and absolutely outweighed by an overwhelming feeling of thank fuck finally

tomorrow marks exactly 3 months since phil last uploaded to AmazingPhil and i’m now more than certain that this was deliberate and that this absence from his main channel in addition to dan’s recent discussion about his channel and ditching any semblance of a schedule and not wanting to be The Best/not playing the Youtube Game means they had a long discussion between them about their goals and future plans

dan likes witty clues so his ‘something banging this way comes’ definitely implies mukbang to me

also dan said in his liveshow that phil/they would be talking about the movie/distribution in the next AmazingPhil vid so it’s definitely part of it but i’m hoping it’s a small part of a wider discussion about what 2018 has meant for them, about their channels and content and where they’re going in the future, about why they’re candid now more than ever etc.

the first post tour AmazingPhil video not being filmed in the AmazingPhil Room signals something to me. seems like phil is moving forward with his quiet but quite ~revolutionary rebrand. here’s to the quiet retirement of AmazingPhil and the rise in Phil Lester on youtube
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

DryCereal wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:52 pm https://www.amazon.ca/Dan-and-Phil-2018 ... YIK6Y9EEQB

Dec 11th.
:love2: :love2: :love2:

I’ll be excited over here in the corner. PHYSICAL COPY OF THE TOUR YIPPEE.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
scientia
phabergé

missemma wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 pm Ummmm, in the picture on the laptop, is that an interactive introverts dvd?? I take it this video is going to be a making of the dvd and the whole thing dropping?

eeeeeek.

Somehow the other person in this cap doesn’t look like Dan? Am I the only one who thinks that?

ETA: also is there someone sitting behind Phil?
Last edited by scientia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

i was gone from my laptop for a bit and suddenly shit happens........typical.

very, very, VERY excited for this tho! im not sure id want a physical copy of II since i tend not to get those anyways, but if they also released a digital copy of it, then hell yeah. and +1 to the peeps who are also mildly scared of the new AP viddy. i mean, not deathly scared, but just a bit cautious. mukbang is nice, but it might not be it. honestly, they could just sit down and do nothing for all i care and id still watch it. who knows what these two are up to...
"you are next to me in my life"
Amiaw
interactive introvert

scientia wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:05 pm Somehow the other person in this cap doesn’t look like Dan? Am I the only one who thinks that?

I think Dan is wearing his gray tshirt and GOT pajama pants and they just have couch pillows behind them
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i just woke up what the fuck is going on here on this day
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Vsoftdnp
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

my thoughts are they gonna make a vid reviewing the ups and downs of tour and how they feel about their audience in 2018, then just a casual segue into introducing the dvd
I'm getting tired of this war of hearts
This competition that has no end
Do me a favour and cut the ties with that side-eyed glare of yours
That cuts through minds and wills
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

DryCereal wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:52 pm https://www.amazon.ca/Dan-and-Phil-2018 ... YIK6Y9EEQB

Dec 11th.
Does this mean it will only be on BluRay? That would be very disappointing!

:blowingleaves: :blowingleaves: :leafpile: :blowingleaves: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
hello9217
flower crown

My guess is there will be a digital download but if you buy the dvd it will come with bonus stuff, like the directors commentary.
I think they are just sitting in their pjs, those look like Dan's GOT pants and Phil's Friends shirt. Also not to get super extra here but I'm pretty sure those cookies are from Dominos. So a super casual sit down dominos mukbang seems to be what's in the cards.
Also damn boys, warner brothers. :tu: Guess that forever home is going to have a Koi pond.
ratlad
angel bean

Amiaw wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:33 pm
scientia wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:05 pm Somehow the other person in this cap doesn’t look like Dan? Am I the only one who thinks that?

I think Dan is wearing his gray tshirt and GOT pajama pants and they just have couch pillows behind them
looks like dan's striped sweater and their white table with the terrarium, lava lamp, candles and the big painting (that i think bryony made for them) in the background.
i hope it's a mukbang, and the reason i guess there isn't much food there aside from the burnt cookies, is cause they ate it all or it's all beside them.
Andy
squish

Well hello there! I dropped off of this website for like 2 weeks and now i cave and come back to this - whoa boy! Would like to see a mukbang and definitely would like to see all that (introspective, branding changing)good shit. Trying desperately to keep my expectations low tho.
Re: tour dvd - i honestly do not care because i know for sure i will not spend any money on any digital or physical copy of the thing. If i decide to watch it at all, i will be relying on the seedy sites of the internet.
(Also i watched a Dan liveshow for the first time since january. Did not piss me off as much as i thought it would. huh. Phil's was lovely as always, his liveshows feel like a warm and comforting hug.)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

It's hard to tell from the limited angle (idk why I'm trying to analyze, we'll see it tomorrow...) but it looks like they dragged the coffee table back and just sat and had dinner and a chat on the floor and I love that.
(being in uni without a dining table be like)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Dec 11th.
This is so exciting! I love the idea of a Physical copy! I love owning my favorite movies on DVD!
Kinda hope it isn't only Blu-Ray because I don't know if I can make it work on my oldie dvd player but catch me selling my kidney to pay for shipping anyways
What a day we had. Is there anything ever dnp released that didn't get leaked?

if we get a mukbang tomorrow I might cry, it's all I ever wanted :6-year-old dan:
knq
lava lamp

I don't want to make the effort to go back and look through the Rize shows, but I recall Dan describing two gaming videos as "banging"--or maybe the same video twice?--and being confused later when it didn't seem to be a pun. I think banging might just be one of Dan's new words for things he likes.

I feel cautious about Phil's tweet. I wonder what Phil considers casual. Like, usually I feel that they cut out the most casual bits in the editing process, places where they're talking to each other or otherwise distracted from what they're supposed to be doing. So I'm not too sure about the video being casual before it's even been edited, because my impression of how casual something is depends on the editing.

So... cautious. Excited but cautious. Suppressing my excited expectations with caution. ;) We'll see.

I'm sure I can find a blu-ray player at a thrift store between now and December, but I do hope they release it as a regular DVD.
ratlad
angel bean

i want the full unedited vid but i know that won't happen lmao.
also i literally have no money to spare, but you guys won't tell anyone if i watch the ii movie on some sketchy site with pop-up ads, right?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, colour me surprised that they got deep and also not in Phil’s room. And that it seems to be a mukbang (autocorrect thinks that’s Mikva game, wow, they’re not doing a Jewish water purity-ritual, iOS). I’ve never watched a mukbang and wasn’t about to start, seems kinda gross even if they manage not to have mouth noises. I’ll withhold judgement for now. I am excited for whatever the deep conversation is, at least for now it turns out not to be so deep. Damn, I’m a bit cynical, though it is lovely to see everyone feel the anticipation. I’ve been feeling meh about the gaming channel and wanting something more from them, so hopefully this will be good.

Well done, internet, on leaking dvd news too. I have three players, somehow (one since uni, bought to play the Cats dvd), and one that doesn’t work (damn power cut), been wondering if anyone will buy the spares when I get round to listing them. I hope for a download too, but actually having it in dvd would be cool (go on, guys, we’ll buy enough copies of Tatinof too, wouldn’t we)?

The person standing behind Phil looks more like Louise than Dan, but they didn’t mention her or anyone else :shrug:

Would be lovely if Phil can get it edited for tonight. I was slammed work wise last week and half the week before (10 days straight, found a new record for how many pages I can edit in a day), so didn’t comment in his liveshow or the gaming vid at the time, which I can now barely remember. The liveshow was lovely, boy did I need the break. I know they like online shopping, but clearly with candles it’s going too far. They must be sniffed. Well, he knows that now.

Loving the new emojis. This guy is hella snazzy :skeleton:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I wonder if they photoshopped a quiff onto that cover photo, or if the fringe will haunt us forever.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Three choices, all of them awesome.
:blowingleaves: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :blowingleaves:

Vote here for the next thread name!

:blowingleaves: :blowingleaves: :leafpile: :blowingleaves: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

LurkingTrash wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 am

Dec 11th.
This is so exciting! I love the idea of a Physical copy! I love owning my favorite movies on DVD!
Kinda hope it isn't only Blu-Ray because I don't know if I can make it work on my oldie dvd player but catch me selling my kidney to pay for shipping anyways
What a day we had. Is there anything ever dnp released that didn't get leaked?

if we get a mukbang tomorrow I might cry, it's all I ever wanted :6-year-old dan:
that's what i was thinking! i don't really mind but we ALWAYS know before it happens! always! either were very good or the world is very bad at keeping dnp stuff from us

im really excited for the video but add me to the ram of people a little scared. i guess it's because it's different so i don't know what to think. i love that they're relaxed in their pjs but i kinda hope it's not a mugbank, i've never watch one but... sounds not nice! meh. i guess we'll see!
:gayaf:
sparkle
blobfish

Time for me to grab the tinfoil fucking hell :tinfoil:

Add me to the (small) list of people hyped for a physical Blu-ray. Give me that image quality on my massive TV, give me those extra features. Getting a Blu-ray player and my first Blu-ray has ruined my life I cannot go back. (I'm aware I'm one of the few who prefer phsyical copies but I'm a bit of a fan girl for Blu-ray it really is so much better)

Question: casually going to whip out my Media A-Level where I studied a lot about film classification. II is showing unrated on the BBFC and the trailers are showing as a PG. I'm not entirely sure the show would meet the criteria for a 12. From memory, I'd expect it to be more in line with a PG. There wasn't a lot of swearing, there was innuendo but that's permitted in a PG, there's only comedic violence. I'll be VERY shocked if it gets a 12. (Almost as shocked as I was that The Dark Knight, which was obviously a 15, got a 12 - a director's cut would've made it a 15 easily)

Also long casual chat with Phil in a room he actually lives in. And Dan. And it's going to be banging..? And it's been pretty hyped.

I'm just saying.

:tinfoil:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Regarding us always knowing stuff before D&P tell us, I mean for the DVD they pretty much put it out there for us to see given that they decided to leave it in the picture Dan posted on insta, conveniently leaving the pg12 portion of the DVD on show. If they didn’t want us to find anything then they’d make sure it was completely out of view. Don’t tell me they don’t scrutinise pictures before they post them just to make sure certain things are hidden away because they know exactly what we are like 😂 it builds hype for them anyways.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I'm so excited/hyped/nervous for this video. I'm gonna be in a state of pure anxiety 'till the vid drops.
I would love a mukbang, actually. I often watch Jenna and Julien's ones and they're great, especially because those videos are just an excuse to see them talk and yeah, that's something i want dnp to do, even though i am not sure how comfortable/genuine they would be with filming a video like that.. but who knows, really. This year has been unpredictable, so I have some hope.

Also, I am excited for the dvd! I love owning physical copies of dvds, cds and books so I am very pleased. However, I hope it will not available only on Blu-Ray, because my dvd player doesn't support it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
dancy
procrastinator

I'm so excited for this video!!! I don't particularly care for the eating that will be taking place but the fact that we get to hear them having a long and casual yet deep chat has got me pumped!

Regarding the II DVD, I do have a DVD player but I think I'd rather have a digital download. In the Amazon link at the top of the page there's a picture of the cover, as well as info about the extra concent, consisting of the director's commentary of course and also a deleted scene (wonder what that's all about? Is that the tour Q&A they said they were gonna do?) and an interactive simulation game.
I'm guessing they inserted both Dan and Phil's simulation games from the show and you can now make your own choices to see the different endings? Does that work on a DVD/Blu-ray?

BBC, eh?