Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

missemma wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 am Regarding us always knowing stuff before D&P tell us, I mean for the DVD they pretty much put it out there for us to see given that they decided to leave it in the picture Dan posted on insta, conveniently leaving the pg12 portion of the DVD on show. If they didn’t want us to find anything then they’d make sure it was completely out of view. Don’t tell me they don’t scrutinise pictures before they post them just to make sure certain things are hidden away because they know exactly what we are like 😂 it builds hype for them anyways.
yes, that, i was just thinking about it. They did leave the dvd on the table and we can see it on the picture so was it completely intentional? if yes, what was the purpose? to make tonight's announcement less of a annoucement ? to ease us into it? to make sure nobody freaks out? idk man.
:gayaf:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

dancy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:32 am
I'm guessing they inserted both Dan and Phil's simulation games from the show and you can now make your own choices to see the different endings? Does that work on a DVD/Blu-ray?
Not sure why this is in a spoiler? But I guess I'll reply in one too.
Those kind of DVD games are totally a thing! My first Harry Potter DVD had this "Which house would you be in" quiz. You just need a remote with arrow buttons and an OK button. (image a language/subtitle selection menu, just more fun and with small clips playing after you select an option.
If the DVD has bonus content, I'll buy it, but I'd really prefer a digital download. I don't have a Blu-ray player and I'd love to see the show in 1080p.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Everyone worrying about it being blu-ray only, the title says (dvd/blu-ray) so don’t worry

Also loving the cover and it says TWO DISKS. Two disks? What will be on the second? BEHIND THE SCENES? I have no idea why I’m so excited about this but I am 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am Everyone worrying about it being blu-ray only, the title says (dvd/blu-ray) so don’t worry

Also loving the cover and it says TWO DISKS. Two disks? What will be on the second? BEHIND THE SCENES? I have no idea why I’m so excited about this but I am 😂
Could the two disks just be one DVD and one Blu Ray in the same package? I've bought a couple of DVDs that are like that, where they are just sold together.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
mintsans
sofa crease

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 am
missemma wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 am Regarding us always knowing stuff before D&P tell us, I mean for the DVD they pretty much put it out there for us to see given that they decided to leave it in the picture Dan posted on insta, conveniently leaving the pg12 portion of the DVD on show. If they didn’t want us to find anything then they’d make sure it was completely out of view. Don’t tell me they don’t scrutinise pictures before they post them just to make sure certain things are hidden away because they know exactly what we are like 😂 it builds hype for them anyways.
yes, that, i was just thinking about it. They did leave the dvd on the table and we can see it on the picture so was it completely intentional? if yes, what was the purpose? to make tonight's announcement less of a annoucement ? to ease us into it? to make sure nobody freaks out? idk man.
After the whole massacre that was the TABINOF trailer they must have learned how terrible we are as a fandom at getting surprised and how we much prefer to be made to feel like we are ~insiders~ when we find out things on our own.

And it’s a fact that they do plant little clues of things, they’ve admitted to doing it before so
glitterintheair
phillluminati

mintsans wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am After the whole massacre that was the TABINOF trailer they must have learned how terrible we are as a fandom at getting surprised and how we much prefer to be made to feel like we are ~insiders~ when we find out things on our own.

And it’s a fact that they do plant little clues of things, they’ve admitted to doing it before so
Yeah, didn't the same thing happen with Truth Bombs? We knew in advance and dnp didn't mind. Actually I feel like knowing beforehand helps to create the hype. And with the II Movie, well.. it's not exactly a shocking news, is it? We knew it was gonna get released somewhere and the hypothetis of a dvd took place after Dan said "we can put that [something Phil said] on the back", which for some people was a clue that the movie was gonna be on dvd, so it's not something that came out of nowhere.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

Vsoftdnp wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:39 pm my thoughts are they gonna make a vid reviewing the ups and downs of tour and how they feel about their audience in 2018, then just a casual segue into introducing the dvd
This feels likely. Also I apologize for shooting down the mukbang idea yesterday. I didn’t fully understand it, having never watched one. I had only seen thumbnails and thought the point was the have platters of food and talk while chewing which is gross. But if it just means a casual post-tour evening with D&P in their pajamas, talking about tour and plugging the film while also having some Dominos, then I’m absolutely down with that.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

mintsans wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am
Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 am
After the whole massacre that was the TABINOF trailer they must have learned how terrible we are as a fandom at getting surprised and how we much prefer to be made to feel like we are ~insiders~ when we find out things on our own.

It wouldn't surprise me if they liked that things got leaked (and by leaked I don't mean the -correct- assumptions people made from the hints they left in the photo, I mean the confirmation from the website link) because it gives the people time to react and make peace with the news if they didn't like it, people with doubts have time to talk with other phandom members too instead of being scared when they announce so that the reaction they see is mostly positive and less emotional instead if people learned of things just when they post (I'm going to use me as example because my first reaction was exactly: - HOW MUCH IS IT? DO I WANT AND CAN AFFORD IT? - and - IF IT'S ONLY BLU-RAY I MIGHT CRY I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN WATCH IT -- and now that I have the answers I'm not freaking out about not being able to watch it and I already know if I can afford to buy it or not and made both my decision and peace with it, so now my answer to them is probably going to be - HFDJKGAJHDL THAT'S SO AMAZING I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS - instead of the other things)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

onceinaugust wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 am Could the two disks just be one DVD and one Blu Ray in the same package? I've bought a couple of DVDs that are like that, where they are just sold together.
Ooh I don’t know I’ve never seen both in one packet before! Hopefully not 😂
mintsans wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am After the whole massacre that was the TABINOF trailer they must have learned how terrible we are as a fandom at getting surprised and how we much prefer to be made to feel like we are ~insiders~ when we find out things on our own.

Yup TABINOF came immediately to my mind too; I think they’ve realised that easing us into things is much better. That’s why they also made all those hints about the last move, they know exactly what we are like 😂
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

New thread is here