Dan & Phil Part 6: Choke Me Dad(dy)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
sunday wrote:[offtopic]
achika wrote: Agree with the height comment so much. I'm taller than all my girl friends, and I'm not even that tall. But it makes me feel so insecure most of the time. I am constantly subconsciously slouching in my seat, or leaning on something to make myself appear shorter. Never ever wearing heels. I cringe to think how many times during meet and greets they must hear "YOU'RE SO TALL!!1!!!" Maybe they don't care and are used to it but that would drive me bananas
Ikr it's the worst. I must say though, us tall girls gotta work on our posture. I'm actually having to see a physio because my poor posture is messing me up :facepalm:[/offtopic]
Eeeeek. Dancing so much throughout my childhood/adolescence may have given me some issues, but at least poor posture isn't something i have to worry about! I hope the physio sorts you out asap. Get them good habits forming now, saves you in the long run. *Glares at * - seriously, I'm bracing myself for endless M&G photos with them hunched over with fans already... :tsk:
Thank you wishing you a speedy recovery also!
phamnotof
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

I'm so impressed with everybody's archiving skills, always. You people do the god's work.

Anyway, short on time but: I'm honestly surprised people have read Louise around Dan as flirty. That's just so shocking to me, and I don't mean that in a condescending way, I just always figured everyone had silently agreed that she treats him like her cute muffin GBF and we just didn't wanna comment on it because stereotypes. But yeah, esp. after the reaction she had to visualising them "touching genetalia" in the Akward Fancy Meal video? Like that was a reaction. And to me, it felt like the reaction you'd have when forced to picture having sex with someone you've firmly placed into a "not available" category, for either being in a relationship too long to picture them out of it or just having a generally brother-sister bond with them. And then you're face with that mental image and it's not ugly or anything, but it's just utterly *jarring*. As far as the innuendos and stuff goes, I think that's just the sense of humor they bring out in each other & I find it to be a joy that all 3 of them indulge in.

re: the fanfic: Like the fact she sent it to him says a lot, I think she was in need of confidence boosts (the fact that her friends organized her a Friend Night, We Love You Louise in itself tells me she probably hasn't been in like the greatest of places still) and just embraced a fic that saw her as a whole, sexual human that is the hero of their own story because yeah, people who aren't skinny are SO often cast as the sidekick or a BBF but rarely as the romantic lead and I actually 1) appreciated she talked about it 2) understand how that's something that would get you down, especially after a divorce/while your marriage is falling apart as you're faced with being single after years of not having to worry about it in a society that places immense value on romantic relationships. But if Dan was someone she had actual interest in, I doubt she'd message him with the fic, you know? Imo.

As far as the "nobody knows honestly" comment, that's so weird, dunno what to think. Like I can give her the benefit of the doubt and consider that they've talked to her about just choosing to remain ambiguous, no longer denying it but also not confirming? And I get that's what she'd answer if surprised by the question instead of not answering, but it still makes me uncomfortable a bit, esp. since you guys have mentioned the Tronnor thing as well. I guess wanting attention can have something to do with it, but still - makes me feel not great.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Yeah I don't really think that Louise fancies Dan at all. Is she flirty with him sometimes? Yes, but that is just her nature. She likes to flirt, doesn't really mean anything in my opinion. So I really doubt Phil cares.

I really have no clue who knows about on the youtube scene. I think lots of them think they know because I am sure that they gossip among themselves, but I somehow doubt Dan and Phil actually told lots of them. I don't really think that is their style.
vincentian
hobbit hair

phamnotof wrote:I'm so impressed with everybody's archiving skills, always. You people do the god's work.

Anyway, short on time but: I'm honestly surprised people have read Louise around Dan as flirty. That's just so shocking to me, and I don't mean that in a condescending way, I just always figured everyone had silently agreed that she treats him like her cute muffin GBF and we just didn't wanna comment on it because stereotypes. But yeah, esp. after the reaction she had to visualising them "touching genetalia" in the Akward Fancy Meal video? Like that was a reaction. And to me, it felt like the reaction you'd have when forced to picture having sex with someone you've firmly placed into a "not available" category, for either being in a relationship too long to picture them out of it or just having a generally brother-sister bond with them. And then you're face with that mental image and it's not ugly or anything, but it's just utterly *jarring*. As far as the innuendos and stuff goes, I think that's just the sense of humor they bring out in each other & I find it to be a joy that all 3 of them indulge in.
Agree with this
Dan's reaction was telling as well, it got my attention first time I watched the video. Even though they were joking, that was a bit un-gentlemanly. Like, Louise was sitting right in front of him. ;)
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

phamnotof wrote:I'm so impressed with everybody's archiving skills, always. You people do the god's work.

Completely agree. I don't see them as flirty at all. I can see them as the "Mom" of the group and all she wants to do is protect them (or probably a more Brother/Sister like you said). They have the exact same sense of humour and both awkward as fuck so bring out the giggling side of each other.
Louise has always been flirty that is just how she reacts around males (there have been lots more examples on her thesitethatwillnotbenamed thread not just of Dan) and has that sense of humour so maybe that is what people pick are picking up on. Louise was also at the very start of her new relationship then so doubt she would want to wreck anything with flirting with Dan!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
DryCereal
koi pond

annetamiau wrote:Re: Dan's height. Wasn't he taller than Phil from the beginning? I've seen a post on tumblr about that (which I can't find now, but it seemed Dan was taller from day 1).
First one is Hallowe'en '09, Don't know (though undoubtedly someone will!) when the others are from, but Phil definitely seems taller in all (and isn't really any closer to the camera, for once!)
ImageImage

They look the same height in "Phil & Dan Get Down" (Oct '10) - til you realise Dan's actually closer to the camera...
Also: possibly the funniest video to pause repeatedly throughtout...!

Also unrelated: how dinky is Tyler? :shock: Image
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
annetamiau wrote:Re: Dan's height. Wasn't he taller than Phil from the beginning? I've seen a post on tumblr about that (which I can't find now, but it seemed Dan was taller from day 1).
First one is Hallowe'en '09, Don't know (though undoubtedly someone will!) when the others are from, but Phil definitely seems taller in all (and isn't really any closer to the camera, for once!)
ImageImage

They look the same height in "Phil & Dan Get Down" (Oct '10) - til you realise Dan's actually closer to the camera...

Also unrelated: how dinky is Tyler? :shock: Image
1) Ahh I love these gifs/pictures, esp the second one (*cough* Phill looks hot *cough)

2) Tyler is 5'5", 165cm according to google.

*goes back to lurking*
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

akui
blobfish

I think even Phil flirts with Louise more compare to Dan, Danise relationship looks purely innocent to me.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Anonymousse wrote: Also unrelated: how dinky is Tyler? :shock: Image

Haha, this always remind me of the video Dan did with Tyler when they were comparing their hands.
''Awwww, it's like macrophilia.... DON'T GOOGLE THAT.''
Seriously though Dan, I have a filthy mind and have seen many strange things on the internet and I wasn't aware that macrophilia was a thing until he mentioned it. I don't want to know what Dan gets up to his in spare time.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

When it comes to his height, his former weight might also be a factor why he's in denial about his growth.

I'm taller than most of my friends and i used to be much heavier than i am now. The feeling of being bigger than other people is not one i enjoy. Quite the contrairy, i connect it to very bad memories and just feeling shitty.

Althoug i never had a problem with saying my actual height. The numbers don't make me bigger.
But i guess if he's in denial
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Thread name voting is open!

Please start voting:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10007380
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
vincentian
hobbit hair

Re: Louise and Dan - it’s not like I have anything important to add, but I wanted to say that I sense the duality of chemistry between Dan and Louise.
On the one hand, Dan seems to connect with her emotionally rather well on some level, and it’s not necessarily about awkwardness or ineptness. She does treat him like that cute muffin as phamnotof said, and he accepts it (likes it?) and sort of plays into it, they both seem like emotional talkative responsive people, and occasional sarcastic/naughty edge added to their sweet chummy talk brings humour and sparkle into their dynamic. Also I feel like they respect each other and have relatable experiences as youtubers they can bond over.

On the other hand, Dan seems like he didn’t have close platonic relationship with a female (at least not recently), because of some of little easily avoidable pitfalls in communication that he didn't avoid. Without giving into stereotypes too much, Dan treated Louise very much like a ‘bro’, which can at times come across as insensitive. Like his compliments seemed too forced and almost required a 'thank you', and he gets a bit handsy even though she said she didn’t feel comfortable when people touch her stomach, then that comment about farting, and he talked over her several times. Sure, some of those might have been played up for the comedic effect or to make it look more entertaining on camera, but I think they provide some insight into their real dynamics.

I can’t say much about Phil/Louise dynamic in that respect, except he seems to connect with Louise a bit less because they have different temperaments, and he's just as inexperienced at communication with girls as Dan, though they both obviously want and try to be polite and accommodating. Sorry if something I said sounds sexist/streotypes gender roles the worst kind of bread, I didn't mean it to.
Last edited by vincentian on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fancybum
senpai

pixlexia wrote:
fancybum wrote:Are you aware of much of the Emma B stuff? Word on the street is she (along with Luke?) hosted viewing parties for that certain video with their douchebag friends. I suppose Evan attended in that time period.
Wait, what? Actually? Has anyone reliable hinted on this? Like is this actually a thing? :shock: I'm aware of (most) everything else she's said/tweeted, but... As someone who normally stays pretty in-the-middle/tries to give the benefit of the doubt/all of that stuff, that's like an entirely new level of screwed-up, assuming they would all watch it just to laugh/make-fun-of/mock. Geez.
Ok I just went digging for more info on this, and all I can find is other people going 'there's a rumour they showed the video to anyone who hadn't seen it', so no confirmation or starting point that I can find. I'm still going to hold a grudge though if only because I can so easily believe they're capable of it. /rational.

I hope the new merch includes socks. Didn't they say they were going to make stuff that was more subtle (ie: less cringe)? What could that mean, because I don't believe them.

[offtopic]I had a weird dream last night help:[/offtopic]
I dreamed about Onision and D&P filming a collab, but it was a few years ago. And it was just them having a threesome on a couch, but they were all covered in shaving cream for some reason so I couldn't even see anything and was slightly awkward because they didn't really know each other. It was just a normal collab situation to them with a lot of camera-adjusting and small talk and non-erotic cream slathering.
Meaning: I need to spend less time on the internet. My dreams are usually about walking around houses I used to live in and schools I used to go to, not gay shaving cream threesomes, wtf brain. :?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

missemma wrote:Thread name voting is open!

Please start voting:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10007380
Please note number 10 is meant to say 'pharty in the USA' my phone autocorrected it. Oops
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

fancybum wrote:
pixlexia wrote:
fancybum wrote:Are you aware of much of the Emma B stuff? Word on the street is she (along with Luke?) hosted viewing parties for that certain video with their douchebag friends. I suppose Evan attended in that time period.
Wait, what? Actually? Has anyone reliable hinted on this? Like is this actually a thing? :shock: I'm aware of (most) everything else she's said/tweeted, but... As someone who normally stays pretty in-the-middle/tries to give the benefit of the doubt/all of that stuff, that's like an entirely new level of screwed-up, assuming they would all watch it just to laugh/make-fun-of/mock. Geez.
Ok I just went digging for more info on this, and all I can find is other people going 'there's a rumour they showed the video to anyone who hadn't seen it', so no confirmation or starting point that I can find. I'm still going to hold a grudge though if only because I can so easily believe they're capable of it. /rational.

I hope the new merch includes socks. Didn't they say they were going to make stuff that was more subtle (ie: less cringe)? What could that mean, because I don't believe them.

I dreamed about Onision and D&P filming a collab, but it was a few years ago. And it was just them having a threesome on a couch, but they were all covered in shaving cream for some reason so I couldn't even see anything and was slightly awkward because they didn't really know each other. It was just a normal collab situation to them with a lot of camera-adjusting and small talk and non-erotic cream slathering.
Meaning: I need to spend less time on the internet. My dreams are usually about walking around houses I used to live in and schools I used to go to, not gay shaving cream threesomes, wtf brain. :?
If they make socks they better not be matching pairs...

As for that dream... well... take comfort in the fact that there is always someone weirder than you on the internet. Somewhere. NGL though, that is preeeeeetty strange...! Now get back in your trashcan!!! :wtf:
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

It's funny, we have talked a lot about Phil's Peter Pan syndrome; how he doesn't look or act his age and his fear of death. It seems like Dan is just as Peter Pan like in his own way. I guess that's another thing they have in common.
[offtopic]
ive always loved being tall. I'm 5'10" (176m) and I have always wished I was taller(Probably because I'm closeted trans and I want to be big and strong like a man. IDEK.)
[/offtopic]
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

IckleMissMayhem wrote:They look the same height in "Phil & Dan Get Down" (Oct '10) - til you realise Dan's actually closer to the camera...
;)

I once screenshotted every single frame. Some more funny ones are below the spoiler.
busy being happy~
akui
blobfish

Fancybum:
A couple having threesome with an unwelcomed person means a hairy situation, shaving cream is apparently you unconsciously want to clean it. And you are blind by your initial annoyance to see the situation clear enough to find out a solution.
In conclusion, you are in a messy situation you need to see the whole thing in an objective angle to find the solution.
Btw i dream about the past too, it means unsolved issue from your past.
akui
blobfish

oqua wrote:
Why was Phil looking at his own ding dong
DryCereal
koi pond

oqua wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:They look the same height in "Phil & Dan Get Down" (Oct '10) - til you realise Dan's actually closer to the camera...
;)

I once screenshotted every single frame. Some more funny ones are below the spoiler.
+1 on the "screenshot EVERYTHING" thing.
lilMango
morning quiff

According to Dan's tumblr timestamps, he was up literally all night. Watcha doin there, Dan? You need all the sleep you can get.
fancybum wrote: Ok I just went digging for more info on this, and all I can find is other people going 'there's a rumour they showed the video to anyone who hadn't seen it', so no confirmation or starting point that I can find. I'm still going to hold a grudge though if only because I can so easily believe they're capable of it. /rational.
This just seems like a rumour to me. I agree with pixlexia, this is a whole new level that seems like the perfect story to get people to hate all of them.
vincentian wrote:Re: Louise and Dan - it’s not like I have anything important to add, but I wanted to say that I sense the duality of chemistry between Dan and Louise.
On the one hand, Dan seems to connect with her emotionally rather well on some level, and it’s not necessarily about awkwardness or ineptness. She does treat him like that cute muffin as phamnotof said, and he accepts it (likes it?) and sort of plays into it, they both seem like emotional talkative responsive people, and occasional sarcastic/naughty edge added to their sweet chummy talk brings humour and sparkle into their dynamic. Also I feel like they respect each other and have relatable experiences as youtubers they can bond over.

On the other hand, Dan seems like he didn’t have close platonic relationship with a female (at least not recently), because of some of little easily avoidable pitfalls in communication that he didn't avoid. Without giving into stereotypes too much, Dan treated Louise very much like a ‘bro’, which can at times come across as insensitive. Like his compliments seemed too forced and almost required a 'thank you', and he gets a bit handsy even though she said she didn’t feel comfortable when people touch her stomach, then that comment about farting, and he talked over her several times. Sure, some of those might have been played up for the comedic effect or to make it look more entertaining on camera, but I think they provide some insight into their real dynamics.

I can’t say much about Phil/Louise dynamic in that respect, except he seems to connect with Louise a bit less because they have different temperaments, and he's just as inexperienced at communication with girls as Dan, though they both obviously want and try to be polite and accommodating. Sorry if something I said sounds sexist/streotypes gender roles the worst kind of bread, I didn't mean it to.
Yes to this whole post, except I don't think Dan acts the way he does towards Louise because of his lack of platonic girl friends. I mean, the way he acts around Cat is a lot different, even if they're not as close. I think Dan just gets really excited and loud if the people around him reciprocate it, and even though he's gotten more mature about it, he still gets a bit handsy and lets comments slip without much thought.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
aralik
sad dimple

fancybum wrote:

Ohmygod if they have socks (or subtle t-shirts) I might actually get something :shock: please do guys!! Or maybe not, for the well-being of my wallet.. :?

Also fancybum your dream is just too much, I can't even now I'd pay to see such a collab but perhaps with another third (dunno who tho)
ugh.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

oqua wrote: ;)

Weird but these remind me of this =''''''DD

0:58...
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

oqua wrote:
;)

This is priceless Thank you oqua!
lilMango wrote:According to Dan's tumblr timestamps, he was up literally all night. Watcha doin there, Dan? You need all the sleep you can get.
fancybum wrote: Ok I just went digging for more info on this, and all I can find is other people going 'there's a rumour they showed the video to anyone who hadn't seen it', so no confirmation or starting point that I can find. I'm still going to hold a grudge though if only because I can so easily believe they're capable of it. /rational.
This just seems like a rumour to me. I agree with pixlexia, this is a whole new level that seems like the perfect story to get people to hate all of them.
+1 on just being a rumour. Still, I kind of find sad that is perfectly plausible for Blackery to do something like that...

Regarding Tumblr, maybe he just queued the pics to upload / reblog during the night?

Offtopic: I've been checking DD (the easy one ) and it seems that there are only two Phan timelines (2009 and 2010), is it right or there are more but to be uploaded / kept in the "exclusive directory" (whose password I can't seem to guess :wahh: )?
Last edited by Ticia on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

lilMango wrote:According to Dan's tumblr timestamps, he was up literally all night. Watcha doin there, Dan? You need all the sleep you can get.
Yup. :| Maybe he's just trying to make sure he sleeps tonight. Silly ol' bear. :therethere: