Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

yeetussy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:28 pm @liola I got Dan as well, does this mean we can finally cash in as Phil Trash #1 🤔🤔
If I get both Dan's money and man, I sure am fucking ready for it

EDIT: Ah yes another riveting top-of-the-page post from Lia, truly
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Andy
squish

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 pm This is amazing. Please take it and share your results.
I got het phannie, smh :lol: :roll:
Spent way too much of my time to put together a screenshot of all the options but i don't know how to edit pictures so it's unreadably small
And beard edits, yeah, YIKES
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I got Drama Phannie and I'm happy about that.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

sparkle wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 pm Re: BBFC - at 18 level, virtually anything is allowed without cuts. It's purpose isn't to control, but to inform.

With what constitutes harm? The biggest example is suicide. They've worked with The Samaritans to avoid harming vulnerable people by showing gratuitous details. I personally cannot watch anything with graphic self harm and I'm glad that it's something I don't HAVE to do because you know, BBFC ratings.

Re: Dan, Phil, BBFC - Iconic. Absolutely iconic.
Hi. Thanks for your opinion. Didn't want to lump my reply in with my other post or it all becomes to cluttered
I do believe that informing is what they do in the large majority of cases but if you look at what they actually can and must do according to the laws, it is also control. Which one can find good or not.

But i wanted to respond on the suicide example with a example of a real life friend who attempted suicide at age 15.
I can understand you would really not like to see examples of suicide full of (gratuitous) details. Everyone's different and some people cannot watch any graphic self harm. That's one reason why I'm all for voluntary regulation, maybe even obligatory one for certain limited cases where you can prevent great harm, but then that harm needs to clearly specified, demonstrated and the process much less vague and catch-all than the everything that is now put under the umbrella of 'potentially harmful'.
I the case of my friend, she really wanted and felt helped by watching movies where you had very explicit images of self-harm though. She found it helpful in talking about her own issues, gaining perspective, and liked it when suicide was brought in an ultra-realistic, sometimes very graphic way. Or sometimes she just found it fit the movie and didn't mind it even if it was just entertainment, or some cheap horror flick. I'm giving this example just to make clear that perspectives, also among those we are supposedly protecting from the harm, can really differ.
I think it's a strong argument to look for ways we can inform people so they 'know what they get to see' - even though i think listing up stuff like curse words and 'references to chlamydia and koala's' are meaningless without context and not the way to go forward. But it also provides a strong argument to leave matters up to adults and parents themselves, since there is no singular way in which people approach these things and it is imo wrong to force one interpretation on this matter on the public at large. Especially when it comes to what people want to view in their own home.
Last edited by Stakhanov on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
citizen_erased
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 pm This is amazing. Please take it and share your results.
you're not a fucking phannie you lying bitch
okay maybe you DO watch their videos but it takes u a while to catch up and you don't even know what the fuck rize is. you're either a local with an actual proper irl life which i am very envious of, or you're just a kpoppie who was casual or used to stan dnp but now you're watchin jimin's face all day which is understandable he's so adorable. you still like dnp tho, but you're too casual to be a phannie im sorry
lmao apparently I'm not supposed to be on idb because I'm not a phannie :wahh: . it was fun y'all, keep it real, I'm off to go look at namjoon's face all day (not jimins, smh, this quiz is fake they can't even get my bts bias right :roll: )

anyway those beard edits were the worst thing I've seen all week and I have never been more grateful for their beard-less faces :yuck: :yuck:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

JFC, guys, an arrow pointing to a dude's bikini area indeed :rofl: Yes, clickbait very good.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

at first i got drama phanie which is REALLY not me and i took it again with my alternative choices and i got dan!

for everyone who got 'not a phannie', i see you, you're valid to me
:gayaf:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

That was the shortest and most rushed gaming video I have ever seen but I would be lying if I said it didn't make me laugh lots <3

Edit:
"het phannie"... excuse me,,, i"m offended
Last edited by sonicgreen on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

Fun quick vid and an appropriately timed spon for Big Potato. Phil’s quiff looks particularly great, love the few natural strands under there, and that hoodie really does suit him. Cute interactions, they are very quick to admit when the other person’s idea is better and sometimes they even act like the other person hung the moon. Go figure.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obvsly
#relatable

Did... did Phil really just say “hang out with my husband” on the gaming channel? Not sure if this is a dream or a nightmare. Lol
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I got: the 'i am not paid enough' phannie

you've been here for far too long, you probably run a functional blog / page / twitter acc that actually helps the community and you're not recognized enough for it, you definitely deserve a raise, you are the marianne of the phandom and without you we'd be lost.

Full blurb under cut for length
but this category is also made for yall bitches who are just tired of dnp's bullshit, ur celebrating oct 19 for the 6th year and you're still waiting for them to call it anything other than friendiversary, you have mastered the art of sighting and you are on the brink of becoming a kpoppie just cos dnp are dumb as fuck. u love em with your whole heart, are an integral part of your life and would never leave them tho, you're fucking imprisoned for life bitch.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

What a funny video they are to good at inventing these titles :lol: I couldn't believe that thumb was a Deppy games vid xd

my Highlights:

-the thumbnail and caption. I'm still figuring out if I was clickbaited :lol:
-Dan's face when he says they're good at lying to get views.
-The unbelievable card draws. A nude guy in tights, a cactus, shrek, a fedora meme and another nude guy? Honestly :lol:
-Phil has a knack for coming up with titles that sound a bit off in a way that would really, really make me want to click his clickbait even while feeling annoyed because I know i'm clicking clickbait
-Who is Randy and why is he on both their minds?.
Has Janine made room for a ménage-à-trois with Randy? :tinfoil: #phanconspiracy
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
lurker
janice from the shop

man i just love it when they play boardgames. this genuinely made me want to try out clickbait as well (but i already know i won't spend money on it and also no one will play it with me, rip). dan's face when he said they were good at lying for views was amazing and in general i adore how supportive they are of each other... "no yours was better"... go away with them feelings

:happytears:

tbh i rolled my eyes a bit when dan said his bit about shrek perfume being for the ~ladies or whatever, but then it turned out the title actually had the word "women" in it. sorry, dan!

also i want to make a formal complaint to phil for making me imagine him in tight speedos and a fedora.
thank's you were great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lurker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:53 pmalso i want to make a formal complaint to phil for making me imagine him in tight speedos and a fedora.
oh no. there's gonna be phanart, isn't there.
liola
rankussy

That video...can't believe it's real.

The sarcasm when they said they're good at lying for views had me dying especially Phil's face, man I wonder how many times they've seen the word queerbait through their mentions

Phil is just..out there. Being queer. Talking about particularly big nuts and wanting all the naked men and fully saying he's gonna hang out with his husband while looking at Dan.

They must know and they're just out there. I love it, what a good present on international phannie day!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Happy International Phannie Day everyone! <3 I can't tell what's ironic in this fandom anymore.

I am apparently a drama phannie. Rude. But at least I didn't get the option where the quiz would call me fucking boy group stan. Now that would be real offensive.

As for the video, I liked it and it had some great moments but Big Potato's games kinda bore me lol. Good thing that Deppy really know how to sell shit :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tigertatze
living flop

I got het phannie and I am feeling so attacked this is literally homophobia :faint: :prideheart2:
#nohetero
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Phil Lester has decided he can not, and WILL NOT be stopped, and tbh I'm here for it but also a bit scared of his power. :stan:
What is this voodoo, that perfect quiff, those ridiculous titles created in his beautiful mind, the dick and nuts talk (sorry, but quoting his irl husband "I blame Phil entirely") idk what's happening except happy deppypep day and we're so so blessed, people.

eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
Ataraxia25
flower crown

i loved it! it actually made me laugh out, it was amazing, it's so brillant when they play board games

also this:
liola wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 pm
Phil is just..out there. Being queer. Talking about particularly big nuts and wanting all the naked men and fully saying he's gonna hang out with his husband while looking at Dan.

They must know and they're just out there. I love it, what a good present on international phannie day!
i'm here for phil being queer. it's amazing. i could cry. i love it. i have no words.
:gayaf:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was very funny, I lolled a lot. Wouldn’t buy that game, though, sounds like too much work. So many men in few clothes and Phil, well. He had some great titles.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Phil is becoming unstoppable. Like, he's out there talking about nuts, tight sweatpants, male cuties and hanging out with his husband without batting an eye and it's so amazing and refreshing to see. Phil is really good at normalizing queer behavior and I love him for it.

Another thing I loved is how they were both so supportive of each other's answers every single time ans especially Dan during the last round was on full Phil Trash #1 mode.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

I feel that Dan was especially funny on twitter today.
I wonder why they seem to take turns being present on social media after uploading. There are plenty of videos where I would have liked to read both their after video quips, but this one especially. :prideheart:
kavat
pastel persona

You know it's going to be raunchy when Dan has his top button open. I'm not sure what tight sweatpants Phil has been looking at, does he mean leggings?

I got art hoe phannie, and honestly I'm cool with that.

In other news my office launched a new product today which we celebrated with custom made cakes, one of which was a huge cake with the word Love and today's date printed on it. It felt like the best possible way to celebrate the phanniversary (we even had champagne).
honeybee
squish

I'm returning here after months to ask this very specific question because I cannot work this out and it's bothering me lol.
How was this picture at the gallery taken??? Or am I just being stupid and it's obvious?
Does it take your picture and then he's taken a picture of the picture or?

(Edit: I tried putting this in the hide tags but I cannot get it to work sorry! :/)