Dan & Phil Part 6: Choke Me Dad(dy)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

lilMango wrote:According to Dan's tumblr timestamps, he was up literally all night. Watcha doin there, Dan? You need all the sleep you can get.
I'm pretty sure he just queued up all his posts. That's generally how he approaches tumblr. Would be prettyyy unhealthy for him to be up all night just to reblog a blanket burrito.

Side note, it looks like the U.S. Fanshop is down. 8-) I'm too excited for my age tbh.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Ticia wrote:Offtopic: I've been checking DD (the easy one ) and it seems that there are only two Phan timelines (2009 and 2010), is it right or there are more but to be uploaded / kept in the "exclusive directory" (whose password I can't seem to guess :wahh: )?
Don't worry, I promise literally the only things not included in the "easy" DD are the Valentine's Day video and the videos that are still online (i.e. neither unlisted nor private). :thumb:
busy being happy~
lilMango
morning quiff

rizzo wrote:
lilMango wrote:According to Dan's tumblr timestamps, he was up literally all night. Watcha doin there, Dan? You need all the sleep you can get.
I'm pretty sure he just queued up all his posts. That's generally how he approaches tumblr. Would be prettyyy unhealthy for him to be up all night just to reblog a blanket burrito.

Side note, it looks like the U.S. Fanshop is down. 8-) I'm too excited for my age tbh.
Does he queue up posts often? Idk I don't check tumblr a lot, but it doesn't look like he's very active on there either
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
fancybum
senpai

akui wrote:Fancybum:
A couple having threesome with an unwelcomed person means a hairy situation, shaving cream is apparently you unconsciously want to clean it. And you are blind by your initial annoyance to see the situation clear enough to find out a solution.
In conclusion, you are in a messy situation you need to see the whole thing in an objective angle to find the solution.
Btw i dream about the past too, it means unsolved issue from your past.
Too real but I haven't had my coffee yet, it's too early for psychoanalysing and I'll chalk up the dream to being overly invested in twitter drama.
Disturbingly enough, he wasn't really unwelcome to them, they were all getting along fine. He was only unwelcome to me after waking up. Because ew.
aralik wrote: Ohmygod if they have socks (or subtle t-shirts) I might actually get something :shock: please do guys!! Or maybe not, for the well-being of my wallet.. :?

Also fancybum your dream is just too much, I can't even now I'd pay to see such a collab but perhaps with another third (dunno who tho)
Literally anybody would be an improvement, there's not enough brain bleach in the world for the mental images I have now...

I'm kind of hoping I hate the new merch just so I can save my money :lol:
Would it be too much to hope for a gaming video too? Doesn't he usually get more active on tumblr before a video shows up? It could just be for the merch..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

RANDOM ALERT :tongue:
I spent a lot of time tonight looking at gifs from the Halloween baking video (butterslammers, you know), and I have some interesting and funny gifs and screenshots to share:

DAN IS BALDING 2K15? Dan just appreciating Phil’s crotch and butt, nbd. Phil does not appreciate Dan’s crotch lmao: Phil’s hand covered in flour and dough: Look how cute: Look how sweet and domestic: Look at their faces. Phil’s eye roll. Hilarious.
busy being happy~
SquishPhan
capita£ester

oqua wrote:RANDOM ALERT :tongue:
I spent a lot of time tonight looking at gifs from the Halloween baking video (butterslammers, you know), and I have some interesting and funny gifs and screenshots to share:

DAN IS BALDING 2K15? Dan just appreciating Phil’s crotch and butt, nbd. Phil does not appreciate Dan’s crotch lmao: Phil’s hand covered in flour and dough: Look how cute: Look how sweet and domestic: Look at their faces. Phil’s eye roll. Hilarious.

This is why I love the baking videos. They are just too cute and domestic.
I want another one soon
DryCereal
koi pond

oqua, have I told you I love you yet today? No? Oh well...
SO. MUCH. DAMN. CUTE. Someone stop them. Or make them bake/cook/domestic more.
oqua wrote: Phil’s hand covered in flour and dough:
Fingernails envy still. Stop looking at me like that. You ain't shaming me. Much.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Omg that baking video literally gives me life. Phil's cheekbones just speak to me in an emotional level.
*middle aged cheekbone perv alert*
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

lilMango wrote:
rizzo wrote:

Does he queue up posts often? Idk I don't check tumblr a lot, but it doesn't look like he's very active on there either
It's a bit like last night. He'll go on every few weeks and cue up like 5-10 posts which go out within a day and then we wait a few more weeks for him to remember his Tumblr exists outside of #spon.
aralik
sad dimple

oqua wrote:RANDOM ALERT :tongue:

DAN IS BALDING 2K15?
(i hate to be critical on ppl's outlooks and be generally controlling, because i actually like to do that a lot but i'm trying to become a better person BUUUT) i'd like to take this moment and comment on how i hate the way dan parts his hair. i mean we get it, he likes the fringe, no getting rid of it :roll: but at least he should part his hair on the back a bit more higher up his skull (more in line with actual gravitational rules) rather than doing it so low and force pushing his hair upwards on the back of his head. [/rant] sorry needed to get that out

edit: i mean i have sth similar with my hair, it's just the way your hair grows out that makes it very flat at a certain part and that looks weird (like you're losing hair or sth)
Last edited by aralik on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ugh.
majitzu
angel bean

oqua I can't see the image, I'm on my university and the have tumblr block... I will see them later.

That is why ditl and baking videos are my favourites, so much domesticity
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
annetamiau wrote:Re: Dan's height. Wasn't he taller than Phil from the beginning? I've seen a post on tumblr about that (which I can't find now, but it seemed Dan was taller from day 1).
First one is Hallowe'en '09, Don't know (though undoubtedly someone will!) when the others are from, but Phil definitely seems taller in all (and isn't really any closer to the camera, for once!)
ImageImage

They look the same height in "Phil & Dan Get Down" (Oct '10) - til you realise Dan's actually closer to the camera...
Also: possibly the funniest video to pause repeatedly throughtout...!

Also unrelated: how dinky is Tyler? :shock: Image
I just discovered that Tyler and I are the exact same height. Excuse me while I have a little moment over this photo now
backin09
living flop

[offtopic]Is this weird?? probably
I'm collecting pictures where dan/phil has put an arm around the other (or both have put an arm around each other) (for science). I've
got these so far:
(warning: a lot of pictures (and probs big))
do any of the archiving gods have mooooarr ?[/offtopic]
without the internet, we never would have met
hunnyftw
phabergé

oqua, thank you for that :) And I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing but all I can think about while looking at those gifs is that Phil really has a nice bum, even if his slightly oversized jeans try to hide that

To come back to the topic of Dan/Louise chemistry (because apparently the discussions that I find most interesting always happen when I'm at work or asleep): it seems that I'm in minority here but I do occasionally see some more than friendly vibes between them. Mostly coming from Louise towards Dan. And yes, I do know that she's quite flirtatious with many guys and no, I don't think that it's anything serious. It's just that I think that they're friends who genuinely do like to look at each other and admire the view, y'know? how cringey is that last sentence? probably very cringey. sorrz, English is not my first language which is probably not a good enough excuse
phamnotof wrote:But yeah, esp. after the reaction she had to visualising them "touching genetalia" in the Akward Fancy Meal video? Like that was a reaction. And to me, it felt like the reaction you'd have when forced to picture having sex with someone you've firmly placed into a "not available" category
It's fascinating how two people can interpret the same behaviour completely differently. When they behave that way, for me it looks like they're overcompansating, if you know what I mean. It's similar to two schoolchildren pretending to hate each other but deep down they know, and everybody around them knows, that they like like each other. I can't help but assosiate this kind of over the top disgust with this. Which is precisely why I'm not particularly fond of this kind of behaviour when displayed by grown-ups.
Of course there's also the possibility that they're just playing up their reaction for the video. Either way, for me it's a lady doth protest too much situation.

Did that make sense? It probably didn't but it was really hard to explain without resorting to the "it's just my gut feeling" argument. Even if ultimately that whole ramble boils down to just that, sorry.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

FYI: Someone called PewPhan on Youtube is posting every appearance of DP in other people's vlogs. In case he/she is around here:

Some examples:

lilMango
morning quiff

backin2009 wrote:Is this weird?? probably
Me logging on to this site every single day. :lol:
backin2009 wrote:
This picture is so cute. They look like such a couple.
Just Phil's arm around Dan.... I mean, come on.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Ticia
suspended

backin2009 wrote:[offtopic]Is this weird?? probably
I'm collecting pictures where dan/phil has put an arm around the other (or both have put an arm around each other) (for science). I've
got these so far:
OMG everybody look so tiny next to them :wtf: thank god I'm not meeting them anytime soon. More images under the spoiler:

DryCereal
koi pond

Ticia wrote:
That one... "cat got the cream" much, Daniel? :lol:
TSA
dank meme

lilMango wrote:
rizzo wrote:

I'm pretty sure he queued things up. He hasn't really been active on tumblr for a while except for reblogging a thing or two every month or so, so this is a nice surprise for a tumblr addict like me
backin09
living flop

Ticia wrote: Image
this is not dan but thank you so much for the other pictures
without the internet, we never would have met
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

backin2009 wrote:
Ticia wrote: Image
this is not dan but thank you so much for the other pictures
EXCERPT FROM THE IN-PROGRESS FAQ:
This is not Phil hugging Dan:

And this is not Dan hugging Phil:

They are both hugging this guy:

Here is a version of the Dan gif (you can see it's the same guy as Phil was hugging, and you can see Phil in the frame):

(And here is Phil's hug as a gif)

(video source)
backin2009 wrote:[offtopic]Is this weird?? probably
got these so far:
Here are a few more :)
BTW, props to you, backin2009! I always approve of archiving. Though as for the question of whether or not it's weird...I ask myself that every day. :lol:
busy being happy~
Ticia
suspended

Ooops I had no idea whatsoever :oops: Thank you all!
PolarFox
truth bomb

oqua wrote:
This picture gives me life Dan looks like he's got eyeshadow and pink lipstick and over all very girly and that is amazing and confusing... Phil looks very soft there, and over all it's such cute soft pic and Hannah :oops:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Ticia wrote:Ooops I had no idea whatsoever :oops: Thank you all!
It's such a nice hug too. :( Isn't it sad that in the gifs of Dan and Phil hugging that random guy, the hugs both seem more genuine than the single on-camera hug we have between Dan and Phil themselves (unless you count the PINOF tackle, and maybe even then).

Perhaps one day on-camera Deppy embraces will be commonplace. We can hope lol.
busy being happy~
DryCereal
koi pond

oqua wrote:Perhaps one day on-camera Deppy embraces will be commonplace. We can hope lol.
They don't have to be common... Just, y'know, ever-so-slightly more often than now! don't want to get numbed to it.