Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
thedtomyp
placenta

So I’m just gonna put it out there and point out the part in the new video (around 20:18) where Dan said that ”This is going to ruin every kink I’ve ever had”. So did Dan finally admit that he indeed has a daddy kink or do you think it was a joke? Also if it wasn’t a joke, that kinda confirms that Dan has sex with men? (And I don’t wan’t to be disrespectful towards Dan and I’m not a demon, this was just something that I noticed.) The video was overall great and I loved it! ❤️
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

That was definitely a very good Spooky Week vid. :witch: :blackcat: A good game choice. I wouldn't want to play it myself though and certainly not in VR mode, but it was fun watching them (well Dan really) play it.
Also the ending certainly made me laugh. :lol: Poor Dan.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

what a little shit, i love phil with all my heart! the end of the highlight of the video for me haha
:gayaf:
Andy
squish

Man down! Man down!! :lol:
I guess we can tick off that box on the bingo chart now.
(Re: spooky week - didn't even watch the first video as i had horrible flashbacks of 7 year old girls asking me to play irl granny with them, but really enjoyed the second video. I was watching alone in a dark room with head phones on and by the end my heart rate was through the roof. Had a really good experience with this video too, actually not as scared as i thought i would be)
thespacecat
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

YES! Thanks, I love it. Based on the notification, I thought we were going to have another solo Dan video (+ I didn't even recognize Phil in the thumbnail. I was like, "who's that!?" and legit thought for a moment he was an npc in the game i'm sorry.)

I need to watch this again honestly to give a good review of this video. I've watched a bunch of people play the beginning of this game already, so I mainly focused on the bants... and I gotta say, I was dying of laughter (and fright. Because this game is terrifying). But unfortunately, I don't have enough time to do that :(

I'm putting my initial thoughts on what stood out to me under a spoiler bc i dont want this to be too long.
-The beginning text of "And Ethan stayed away. The end" gave me the same vibes as the shot of the empty gaming room while phil was giving us a ceiling apartment tour. I die laughing every time.

-i almost cheered when I saw 40 minutes (tysm. i'm sorry i ever doubted :stan: ); then remembered there's other people in my house, so I just quietly appreciated it.

-the small pt shout out. rip.

-The "ominous sign" saga of birds, dead birds, and dead microwaved birds.

-Dan giving relationship advice to poor Ethan throughout this whole ordeal was very thoughtful of him.

-Phil's jumpscare at the end. Where was he even hiding that mask!? Then it wouldn't come off his face which actually scared me a bit. :shock:

-"i hope all of u who wanted a scary game got what u wanted" thanks
To everyone who's not been enjoying spooky week so far, I hope the next two videos will be much more pleasant for you guys <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I really loved that. Totally on the same level as Silent Hill and Outlast, both for horror and for my own personal enjoyment (which is to say a lot). The last bit of the video starting where Phil put on that mask was cute--Phil being a little shit is my favourite--and there's something really amusing about them (maybe just Dan, going off of this tweet) not censoring Dan calling Phil a cunt.

And speaking of tweets, I'm here for this reply:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ohhhhh some proper spooks for once :ghost: :spoopy:

Games like this aren't really my favorite things to watch, BUT I do really appreciate them playing at least one of these type of things for a proper Spooky Week experience. They always make for pretty good videos as well because they're always so into the game, which can be refreshing considering they also play shit like Granny where they were both done with it before it even started. While I'm usually more interested in the bants, it's definitely less of a focus when they're just properly immersed.

That said, I could watch that bit of Phil scaring Dan over and over again. In fact I will. I didn't know that I needed Dan (fondly) calling Phil a cunt on loop but here we are. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

These types of videos obviously aren't my favourite because (as I've said in another post) I'm not a fan of truly scary things.

I am really really glad that the people wanting a real horror game got it though - this is spooky week after all, and I'm definitely cool with them playing at least one truly horrifying game for the people that crave that. They make enough gaming videos throughout the year that I definitely can't complain about not completely enjoying one or two videos during a week that is meant for spooky content.

I may have spent the majority of the video with my hand covering the screen (minus the square with their faces), but I still had a fairly enjoyable time anyway. Even though I don't want to see the horror content myself (especially anything gory), I liked seeing them very immersed in a game and really reacting to the scares. Phil's jumpscare for Dan at the end was also some great content.
Winston
flower crown

YES!! I loved the video. The game was not as scary as their other scary vids for me. Gore doesn't scare me, more the unknown of what's to come. (PT we have no idea what is going on the whole time!) This one we know a little more, and it made it a fun time. I thought the bants were particularly funny in this, especially in the beginning. Some of the best bants I have heard so far, these boys are funny. :lol:

The end with Phil and the mask was pretty great. Poor Dan, it looks like the chair arm lands on his elbow and he has to push it off it making the chair finally hit the ground. I'm glad they had a good time. I can't wait for the rest of spooky week. I suspect a "funny" scary movie is next.
actions speak louder than words
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i was out for the evening, hello. just watched the vid and it was nice! it didn't scare or freak me out any though, and i can handle any kind of gore. i just like listening to them talk tbh, phil's little prank on dan at the end was funny and cute and dan still managed to be very fond afterwards as well.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I loved every minute of watching Dan and Phil play this game! I really didn't find it scary, though. For me, it had the same kind of vibe as a movie like Saw, which I'm much more likely to find intriguing than scary. Plus, Dan and Phil were so adorably nervous and so often jumpscared throughout the video that I was laughing practically the whole way through. :rofl: Anyway, here are my highlights:
  • [0:02] The skull mentioned in the previous liveshow makes an appearance. Apparently, this object will feature in the spooky AmazingPhil video later this week.
  • [0:02] Unlike in the last two gaming videos, the pumpkins in the background are now arranged in a pyramid, which I, for one, find highly suspicious. :illuminati:
  • [1:42] I guess one man's "dildo" is another man's "suspiciously shaped object." 😏
    D: This is serious, people. I am gonna be immersed in a land of terror, and I swear to God: If you poke me--
    P: I'm not!
    D: --if you do anything--
    P: I'm gonna be helpful!
    D: --I will smack you with this PlayStation dildo.
    P: I've already had one of those to the eyes.
    D: Okay? Exactly.
    P: I don't need it again.
    D: Respect it. Phil! Dim the lights!
    P: Oh, my God! Do not smack me in the face with that again.
    D: Where?! Smack--What?!
    P: I'm here. I'm here. I'm here.
    D: I don't know where you--
    P: Dan.
    D: Look, I am immersed in the r--PlayStation menu right now. I don't know what you're talking about.
    P: I have nightmares about that suspiciously shaped object hitting me in the face.
  • [2:54] It must really be a challenge for Dan to step into Ethan's shoes.
    D: Oooh, I’m a loving husband in this universe.
  • [3:10] Dan is minorly jumpscared when he unexpectedly bumps Phil’s arm with his own arm. Already seeming a bit on edge, Dan responds by saying:
    D: What the fuck was that? Keep your hands away from me! Don’t do that. You risk death.
  • [3:53] Unafraid, Phil risks death:
    D: Excuse me. Yeah, this looks like somewhere where there’d be, like, bugs, and I’m not about that life.
    P: Yeah.
    D: So that’s fine.
    P: Bzzzz.
    D: I will slap you. Ugh. Oh, my God. Okay. VR bugs right now. Stop.
    P: Bzzt. *touches Dan’s face*
    D: *looks in Phil’s direction*
    P: *laughs* I don’t wanna push my luck.
  • [6:15] By this point, Dan's nerves are already completely shot, and Phil calls him on it:
    P: I’m already a little bit scared.
    D: Are there any--Oh, you’re a little bit scared?
    P: I’m not even in it.
    D: Would you be a little bit scared if you saw that in real life? Yeah.
    P: Yeah.
    D: I think I’d be a little bit scared.
    P: *stage whisper* I feel like Dan’s a little bit scared.
    D: Your mum.
  • [8:39] Phil is jumpscared by Dan’s loudness.
  • [17:40] Dan and Phil are jumpscared by a decaying head floating to the surface of the water.
  • [18:46] "Amazing" kinky cult? What are you saying, Dan?
    D: This is some cult shit right here.
    P: “Daddy.”
    D: “Daddy I will not be bad anymore.” Right, either this is some amazing kinky cult, or there is some weird--syringes.
  • [20:08] Uhm, okay. Dan's Daddy kink is now 100% confirmed. :lol:
    Mia: Daddy's coming. We need to go.
    P: Daddy?
    Ethan: Daddy?
    Mia: We need to go--now!
    D: I have questions!
    P: What does that mean?
    D: I am not having a good time. This is going to ruin every kink I’ve ever had.
  • [22:22] I feel like Dan's trying to calm himself down by making a reference to something lighthearted, but the random, out-of-the-blue reference left me cackling! Also, interesting to know who's side Dan is on in the Ross/Rachel "break" argument.
    D: Okay, bye. We’re breaking up. We need to see other people. We’re going on a break. Ross and Rachel. I am going to sleep with somebody else.
  • [24:06] Great visual. Dan and Phil definitely know how to give the people exactly what they want.
    D: Oh, there’s a bathroom to the left. If I--If I was him, I’d need to do a quick poop.
    P: Probably.
    D: Or I’d’ve already done about five.
    P: I’d just be constantly diarrhea-ing.
  • [25:54] Dan and Phil are both majorly jumpscared by Mia appearing out of the darkness. We get a nice scream from Dan with this jumpscare. :D
  • [27:37] Dan and Phil get a minor jumpscare from Mia jumping up off the floor.
  • [28:07] Dan screams while fighting Mia. :D
  • [28:24] I love it when Dan and Phil reference show tunes! This is the perfect time for Chicago references, Phil!
    P: I mean, she had it coming.
    D: She only had herself to blame. If you’da been there.
    P: This is not time for Chicago references.
    D: Okay.
  • [29:22] Dan keyboard smashes with his voice, and it's adorable as always.
  • [29:56] Dan is spooked by a figure lurking in the background of the game. Phil doesn't notice and continues to talk. Dan smacks him and tells him to shut up, which jumpscares Phil.
  • [30:25] Dan and Phil are majorly jumpscared by Mia rushing out of a dark room. I think this might be the best Dan scream of the video. :D
  • [30:41] Dan screams again as a screwdriver is driven through Ethan’s hand. :D
  • [31:32] Dan examines Ethan’s stump very thoroughly. You can’t see for sure because of the headset, but it sounds to me like Dan pretends to lick the stump/blood.
  • [31:42] I guess Dan and Phil going to jail wouldn't be ideal, but Phil is such a spoilsport!
    P: Dan, you literally popped my eardrum with that scream.
    D: Oh, I’m sorry. Did you see your girlfriend frickin’--
    P: Yeah, I was watching it too!
    D: You didn’t watch it--Yeah, you watched it. I was it!
    P: Right. Just watch--I think the neighbors are going to call the police.
    D: It’s the spooky season. They’re just gonna think it’s some generic hijinks.
  • [32:06] Dan and Phil are jumpscared by a staircase. :facepalm:
  • [32:33] Phil gets a minor jumpscare after seeing a mannequin.
  • [33:03] Really, Phil? You think this is the reason the video is going to get demonetized?
    D: *continually pushes a naked mannequin against a wall* Yaas.
    P: This is going to get demonetized now ‘cause they’ll see that…
    D: Yaas.
    P: Ass.
  • [34:36] Dan and Phil are kinda jumpscared(?) by a chainsaw coming through the wall. There’s also a nice keyboard smash/scream from Dan. :D
  • [35:50] Dan and Phil get another major jumpscare from the appearance of "Daddy."
  • [38:10] Phil preps to jumpscare Dan by putting on a mask right before Dan takes off the headset. This plan is a major success, and Dan falls off his chair. We also get the final Dan scream of the video. :D Dan responds by saying (I'm sure with a lot of love):
    D: You fucking cunt. Really, bitch? Really?
  • The merch links for this video are shop.danielhowell.com and amazingphilshop.com. This is great, but I have no confidence that it's going to last. :sideeye:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I actually like the full extent of Dan's fondly abusive language toward Phil:

"You fucking cunt. Really, bitch? Really?"

Normally I don't like people using language like that toward someone else. But somehow Dan makes it so loving. :love1:

:blowingleaves: :blowingleaves: :leafpile: :blowingleaves: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
knq
lava lamp

Is the next gaming video the last one for spooky week? Phil said the AP spooky video was going up on the 30th, which leaves room for one more day of spooks on dapg. If so that felt very fast. I'm not ready to let go!
kavat
pastel persona

As someone who's favorite spooky week video is probably Can your pet, this was horrifying and I had to look away from the screen during the majority of the video. I'm glad those of you weirdos who like scary things are happy though!

The ending with Phil scaring Dan was very funny and I'm glad we actually got to see Dan on the floor again. It's not spooky week without it :rofl:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I was already familiar with the game and honestly thank god for that because i could enjoy the video with not too much anxiety. I love when they're immersed in the game, it reminded me of when they played P.T.

Absolutely loved when Phil jumpscared Dan and how he couldn't take the mask off, lmao. Also, I am absolutely living for the relaxed vibes (considering it's spooky week i know that talking about 'relaxed vibes' it's kinda weird but still) I get from both of them in these videos.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
hello9217
flower crown

knq wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 am Is the next gaming video the last one for spooky week? Phil said the AP spooky video was going up on the 30th, which leaves room for one more day of spooks on dapg. If so that felt very fast. I'm not ready to let go!
I think there's two in total because in the liveshow they said they had one weird one and a funny one left. So either we will get two videos tomorrow or phil will push his video back to halloween.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Skylar wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:38 pm i already expected the jumpscares since i watched jacksepticeye play this game, but god it still got me good. the game is still super creepy to me. i really enjoyed the video though, as creepy as the game was.
I watched Jack's video after DnP's and there were more questions in his video but the boys took longer to according to the game timer. Did they cut questions? Does test give different ones depending on the answers?

Pure speculation, but the questions in Jack's but not theirs were more "Someone is in your house" type stuff, maybe they cut it because Phil was getting legit freaked out and needed a moment and they couldn't just edit the moment, so they cut the whole question? I need to rewatch to see if there are any obvious cuts between questions.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I really wanna know what's on Dan's mind for his channel if Phil's getting the final Spooky Week video. And of course, he's getting PINOF. So that gives AP (somewhat) regularly scheduled videos all featuring Dan and Dan's channel..... nothing. Since June.

I know we've spoken a lot about how they clearly don't care anymore, but I really want to know what's driving this decision to just... purposefully avoid dinof altogether. And frankly, also avoid AP, because when you really think about it, there won't have been a solo Phil video (in his room, but #whocares) for months as well.

Basically, we're getting DanAndPhilGAMES and DanAndPhilOTHERSTUFF and that's it. And I'd really like to dig into when this decision was made and why and tell me all your secrets, boys and also tell me your hopes and dreams for the future.
liola
rankussy

hello9217 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:40 pm
knq wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 am Is the next gaming video the last one for spooky week? Phil said the AP spooky video was going up on the 30th, which leaves room for one more day of spooks on dapg. If so that felt very fast. I'm not ready to let go!
I think there's two in total because in the liveshow they said they had one weird one and a funny one left. So either we will get two videos tomorrow or phil will push his video back to halloween.
I think they meant the quiz was supposed to be the weird one? Phil definitely said he doesn't want to post on halloween night because people won't have time to enjoy it otherwise so I think yeah, today is last spooky game? But then I can't see them leaving the actual halloween day without a video so idk
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:15 pm I really wanna know what's on Dan's mind for his channel if Phil's getting the final Spooky Week video. And of course, he's getting PINOF. So that gives AP (somewhat) regularly scheduled videos all featuring Dan and Dan's channel..... nothing. Since June.

I know we've spoken a lot about how they clearly don't care anymore, but I really want to know what's driving this decision to just... purposefully avoid dinof altogether. And frankly, also avoid AP, because when you really think about it, there won't have been a solo Phil video (in his room, but #whocares) for months as well.

Basically, we're getting DanAndPhilGAMES and DanAndPhilOTHERSTUFF and that's it. And I'd really like to dig into when this decision was made and why and tell me all your secrets, boys and also tell me your hopes and dreams for the future.
I feel like it was a decision made over the course of the tour. The fact that when they left for tour they were both saying they might film on the road (or maybe it was Dan saying he'd film before, and Phil said he'd film on the road) and then we got that one video (the texts one) and then Phil decided to take his recharge break...

Now I'm just imagining some kind of late night hotel room come to jesus with themselves about how to make youtube sustainable for them. Because I do still feel like this is what that's about. I think they're aware that they have a career that's financially viable enough to support their short (or maybe short and middle-ish) term life goals without running themselves into breakdown mode over videos. That has been a whole theme of the youtube community this year, right? Youtubers burning out and having breakdowns? It seems like based on what Dan said in that liveshow and what we can see them doing that their solution is literally just produce the least stressful content. It might be less sensationalistic, it might not pull new viewers, but what the dedicated audience are collectively noticing is that when they do that we get the benefit like... a less stressed Dan and Phil, overall.
knq
lava lamp

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm
Skylar wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:38 pm i already expected the jumpscares since i watched jacksepticeye play this game, but god it still got me good. the game is still super creepy to me. i really enjoyed the video though, as creepy as the game was.
I watched Jack's video after DnP's and there were more questions in his video but the boys took longer to according to the game timer. Did they cut questions? Does test give different ones depending on the answers?

Pure speculation, but the questions in Jack's but not theirs were more "Someone is in your house" type stuff, maybe they cut it because Phil was getting legit freaked out and needed a moment and they couldn't just edit the moment, so they cut the whole question? I need to rewatch to see if there are any obvious cuts between questions.
They didn’t cut any of the questions in the Watson-Scott quiz video. I’ve played it several times and some of the questions are in every game while others seem to be randomly drawn from a small pool of questions (I’ve never gotten the IP address one.)
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

liola wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:22 pm
hello9217 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:40 pm
I think they meant the quiz was supposed to be the weird one? Phil definitely said he doesn't want to post on halloween night because people won't have time to enjoy it otherwise so I think yeah, today is last spooky game? But then I can't see them leaving the actual halloween day without a video so idk
Phil said there would be five total games in the first Spooky Week video. As such, I'm also under the impression that we'll either get two videos tomorrow, or Phil will decide to push the AmazingPhil video to Halloween.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

knq wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:58 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm

They didn’t cut any of the questions in the Watson-Scott quiz video. I’ve played it several times and some of the questions are in every game while others seem to be randomly drawn from a small pool of questions (I’ve never gotten the IP address one.)
Booo I was ready for some good hurt/comfort and my dreams are dashed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil seems like he's having a lovely day on the Isle of Man with his family, according to the combo of his and Cornelia's ig stories! It is a shame Dan didn't go as well, but I do feel like maybe they both enjoy the tiny break. Phil gets his family time also just like generally Dan gets to take three days vacation time to veg out to video games and watch things Phil might not enjoy, plus they know someone will be free to reliably upload the gaming videos this way.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm Phil seems like he's having a lovely day on the Isle of Man with his family, according to the combo of his and Cornelia's ig stories! It is a shame Dan didn't go as well, but I do feel like maybe they both enjoy the tiny break. Phil gets his family time also just like generally Dan gets to take three days vacation time to veg out to video games and watch things Phil might not enjoy, plus they know someone will be free to reliably upload the gaming videos this way.

I'm mostly sad Dan didn't go because it's Martyn's birthday tomorrow I think. Dan, you're a terrible brother in law.
(obligatory I'm kidding and yes they do need to spend some time apart sometimes etc etc I just like when they're together)