Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:10 pm Eek, they're decorating! This shouldn't make me as excited as it does, but... it does. Oh well; I'll take my small joys in life where I can get them.
Templeofshame wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:27 pm In rewatching The Tree, the charity spotlight stuck out to me. I feel like as a phandom we tend to think of Young Minds for Dan, obviously, and then for Phil, Make-A-Wish, presumably because they participate in people's wishes (and that recent similar one where I'm blanking on the name). Are there other charities besides Giving Voice that Phil has made a point of supporting? There's the Red Cross with the Manchester shirts, Stand Up to Cancer, Comic Relief, and that UNICEF thing in 2010 (and I'm sure I'm forgetting other things with cyberbullying stuff), but I guess I'm trying to think of Phil-specific instances.
I think you named all the ones that immediately come to my mind. Hmm. I think @obsessivelymoody was looking into this a few weeks ago, so she might remember more.

It probably doesn't help that Phil tends to delete older event-specific videos when the events have passed.
Everyone forgets StickAID! That's because everyone watches Blindfolded Cat Face Game on AmazingPhil, instead of the original (two!) StickAid videos, which have so much more cute in them (seriously--watch them!):

Dan, at least, was also involved in StickAID in 2011:
Oh, top of the page: watch the StickAID videos!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Watching this I was overcome with the desire for a :epictree: 25 Days of Mince Pies :epictree: series to replace gamingmas :dead:, wherein they revisit the mince pie codex and briefly review one pie every day until Christmas... I don't even like mince pie... But I live for Phil expressing opinions, even if they're in the form of "it's apple and berry... bapple! 4 out of 5"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:10 pm Eek, they're decorating! This shouldn't make me as excited as it does, but... it does. Oh well; I'll take my small joys in life where I can get them.
Templeofshame wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:27 pm In rewatching The Tree, the charity spotlight stuck out to me. I feel like as a phandom we tend to think of Young Minds for Dan, obviously, and then for Phil, Make-A-Wish, presumably because they participate in people's wishes (and that recent similar one where I'm blanking on the name). Are there other charities besides Giving Voice that Phil has made a point of supporting? There's the Red Cross with the Manchester shirts, Stand Up to Cancer, Comic Relief, and that UNICEF thing in 2010 (and I'm sure I'm forgetting other things with cyberbullying stuff), but I guess I'm trying to think of Phil-specific instances.
I think you named all the ones that immediately come to my mind. Hmm. I think @obsessivelymoody was looking into this a few weeks ago, so she might remember more.

It probably doesn't help that Phil tends to delete older event-specific videos when the events have passed.
Yeah I can't think of any really Phil-specific ones besides the ones you named. He did presenting for Battlefront in 2010/early 2011, but it wasn't him being focused on any specific campaigns or anything. I'm not sure if rise above is strictly a charity either (I'm thinking no), but he did stuff for that too. But yeah maybe if he didn't delete a bunch of stuff there might have been more stuff in the early days, or maybe even other p4a stuff that we might have looked over.
apathy
sad dimple

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Yeah I can't think of any really Phil-specific ones besides the ones you named. He did presenting for Battlefront in 2010/early 2011, but it wasn't him being focused on any specific campaigns or anything. I'm not sure if rise above is strictly a charity either (I'm thinking no), but he did stuff for that too. But yeah maybe if he didn't delete a bunch of stuff there might have been more stuff in the early days, or maybe even other p4a stuff that we might have looked over.
I'm expecting Sims posts soon, but Phil also did the "somewhereto" ad at some point which is more known for the outtakes probably, if that counts. I didn't see it mentioned.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

the last five minutes had me cracking up! dnp both look so cute, i love their outfits (especially phil's shirt)

and just to say : phil looked so good in this video. wow.
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was.... a weird mix of a lot of big things happening but no real story for the video besides the aging up.

I wonder if they're really gonna kill Dil or just move off to Dab and Evan's life and leave Dil and Tabitha happily retired on their own? To be honest I'm really excited at the idea of them playing out Dab and Evan's life as adults. Will they go the mpreg route again? Or adoption? Will Dab and Evan get their own dog? And if Dab gets his own place we get a whole new home decor video!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I really enjoyed the sims vid and it made me a bit emo as well. It's really the end of a chapter.
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:44 pm I wonder if they're really gonna kill Dil or just move off to Dab and Evan's life and leave Dil and Tabitha happily retired on their own? To be honest I'm really excited at the idea of them playing out Dab and Evan's life as adults. Will they go the mpreg route again? Or adoption? Will Dab and Evan get their own dog? And if Dab gets his own place we get a whole new home decor video!
I can't see them killing Dil, tbh. I think it would make more sense for them just to focus more on Devan, with Dil and Tabitha making some appearances every now and then.

I am excited for what's to come and I know it's too soon but I wanna see Devan getting married and DnP dressing up for the occasion just like they did for Dil and Tabitha, and organizing the ceremony and all of that. Let me live vicariously through the love story of two virtual characters, boys.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
hello9217
flower crown

glitterintheair wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 pm I really enjoyed the sims vid and it made me a bit emo as well. It's really the end of a chapter.
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:44 pm I wonder if they're really gonna kill Dil or just move off to Dab and Evan's life and leave Dil and Tabitha happily retired on their own? To be honest I'm really excited at the idea of them playing out Dab and Evan's life as adults. Will they go the mpreg route again? Or adoption? Will Dab and Evan get their own dog? And if Dab gets his own place we get a whole new home decor video!
I can't see them killing Dil, tbh. I think it would make more sense for them just to focus more on Devan, with Dil and Tabitha making some appearances every now and then.

I am excited for what's to come and I know it's too soon but I wanna see Devan getting married and DnP dressing up for the occasion just like they did for Dil and Tabitha, and organizing the ceremony and all of that. Let me live vicariously through the love story of two virtual characters, boys.
Yes to all this but especially the bolded part. Give that full on queer tv romance that I never got to see as a child.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i actually reaaaalllyy liked this episode! i laughed out loud and actually said "be gross" when that suggestion came up. weirdly enough, i was just playing the sims (on mobile, i have been spending the past 4 days playing it and i can't stop) and thinking about dnp aging everyone up, and then dan tweeted it!!
i would love a dab and evan storyline moving out together, building a house and decorating. i think it'd be nice to have a fresh start and something new to do!
also, the first person woohoo was funny. just laying beside each other, hearts flying. that's how babies are made. and aliens.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I couldn’t stop laughing at their excitement (then disappointment) for first-person perspective woo-hoo. sims really brings out the voyeur in everyone :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Since Dan and Phil were so kind as to get everyone's attention for us... let me take a moment to announce...

:ravetree: :snowman2: :festivedeppy: THE RETURN OF BANTMAS :festivedeppy: :snowman2: :ravetree:

- aka, our yearly pop up shop. We do this for three reasons: 1) merch is fun, 2) this place costs money to keep running, and 3) It's nice to give back at the same time.

We had a lot of success last year, and managed to fully raise the cost of domain upkeep and our hosting fees for 2018 with the Redbubble shop, plus donate half of what was made to a charity (Young Minds) chosen by you guys. This year we plan on doing the exact same thing. Half of whatever we make will go to Make-a-Wish (via PhandomGives) and if we happen to meet our 2019 financial goal then everything over that point will be donated.

If you want to help out but don't want to purchase anything, we also have a Paypal that you can donate to. The same as with the Redbubble shop, half of the total (or half+everything over the amount we need) will be donated to PhandomGives.
We've kept the most popular items from last year, but we have a few new ones - including some absolutely adorable warm and festive phanart donated to us by @ame that you can get as a sticker or on a coffee/travel mug, and ii aesthetic inspired IDB mug/travel mug/tote bag, your very on 'ty ly bb' sticker to slap on anything just to make everyone around you wonder what exactly bb stands for, or a reminder of Dan's calming liveshow closeouts that you can take with you wherever you want.

Most designs are available on multiple items (including shirts, notebooks, and phone cases!) but if you see a design that you'd like on an item that Redbubble offers but that isn't already listed, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Nice to hear Dan’s stance on “doing a lot in the family house” is that it’s awkward. does dab have an Uma Thurman poster? can’t wait to see Devan’s move to an apartment in the big city!

Very cute video and I’m excited to see where the story goes. Also, Phil needs to wear that shirt more
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

ding dong the dil is closer to death. :cheer:

They've definitely reached a point with Dil and Tabitha where they can't (or don't want to) do anything else with them anymore in 'the story' so if they've decided to move on with Dab and Evan, then I'm quite excited about that. Moar house decorating!!

And yay Bantmas! Keep the lights on at IDB for another year babes :ourmoney:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

It took me a solid nine minutes to get into this video (much like the last episode of The Sims). But, once I started enjoying it, I was hooked. :D Here are my highlights:
  • [4:33] Phil says that he was really good at the fake sick phone call, and he does an impression of what it sounded like. I'm not sure I was convinced.
  • [8:03] Dan on Dalien’s Teenage transformation:
    D: Move to LA. Sell me beauty products. Okay.
  • [8:36] Evan slaps Drago, and Dan and Phil are distraught. Then, this happens: :love1:
    P: Should we give him a kiss before we turn into a man?
    D: Yeah, maybe. Okay.
  • [9:07] Dan doesn’t want anyone thinking he has a great mind:
    D&P: Hamburger cake.
    P: Great minds think alike, Danny boy.
    D: I just want hamburgers.
    P: Yeah.
  • [10:08] Who’s Evan’s real boyfriend? Dab or Dan?
    D: If he’s an Art Lover, he will get Moodlets from admiring works of art.
    P: Okay.
    D: He can just admire Evan.
    P: He loves his art.
  • [10:37] Tabitha’s Elder description pops up, and Dan has some major second thoughts. He wants everyone to wait because he doesn’t think they’re ready for Tabitha to age up. Good thing Phil was there to console him.
  • [11:33] Dan says that Dab looks the same even though he has aged up. Then, he comments that he, Dan, looks the same as he did when he was sixteen. I have to disagree with him there...
  • [12:19] Dan can’t get over how cute the aged up family looks sitting around the table together. I think his reaction is way cuter than the family, but that’s just me. 😏
  • [12:44] I’m seriously hoping that Dan and Phil build a new house from scratch now!
    D: Dab, you need to move out. Need to--You need to get a job--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --and you need to get your own place--
    P: You do.
    D: --because, you and Evan, ya been doin’ a lot in the family house. Frankly, it’s awkward.
  • [13:32] Dan points out that they forgot transformation of the day...in the most dramatic way possible.
  • [14:49] Phil has a trick up his sleeve to play on Dan. He tells Dan to press shift+tab (which puts The Sims in first person mode), and it jumpscares Dan.
  • [15:16] Phil wants to know what happens when you take a shower in first person mode. Dan tries to shame Phil, but Phil persists. At [16:21], Phil asks what happens if you WooHoo in first person mode. This time, Phil’s voyeurism innocent curiosity wins out over Dan’s prudishness better judgement.
  • [18:28] Dan tries to shame the Pancakes’ cat, and it retaliates by jumpscaring him when it jumps on top of the fridge. Thankfully, Dan is ready with some truly insightful words of wisdom:
    D: Hippity hop. He’s not gonna stop.
  • [19:58] Phil says that he doesn’t think that there are many episodes left in the “life” of Dil Howlter, and Dan is instantly on his case. Phil takes it back and says that he meant the “story” of Dil Howlter.
  • [20:26] Interesting visual image:
    P: So, give us a thumbs up if you enjoyed this.
    D: A wrinkly thumbs up--
    P: A wrinkly thumbs up.
    D: --if you enjoyed it.
  • As with all the other episodes of The Sims for the past several months, the merch links in the video description point to shop.danielhowell.com and amazingphilshop.com. I’m not sure if this is actually a good thing this time since these shops are basically dead for the next month, but I’ll take it anyway. :ribena:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that was sweet. I’m not sure I was ready for Dil and Tabs to become elders, seems a bit premature with Dalien only just a teenager, but it is episode 58 and over four years since Dil was created, I guess. I loved little bits like Dab’s eyebrow raise and the cat jumping onto the fridge. Also first-person woohoo is just them both lying there under the covers while the hearts fly above them? Secrets are out, Maxis.

I also thought Phil looked especially good and I was admiring their new tops. I wasn’t sure about the paleness of Phil’s, but it seems to go with his eyes. I didn’t realise Dan’s was new at first, the shoulder bit looks like that other jumper. On the subject of clothes, I’d like to see Nuki out of that pink onesie, it’s a bit too cute. Also Dan is not the same as he looked aged 16, doesn’t he know he’s had about four growth spurts in different directions since then? Sheesh, man, I know some tshirts still fit, but they got a fair bit tighter, honey. More to hold, eh ;) No, I never think about him like that, what do you mean.

Bants merch looks good, roll on bantmas.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

so The Leg happened on twitter.... and then didn't happen.

Anyone else catch that? Kinda wish we did get a silly insta story slip-up like that from the boys in 2018. I could really go for a new conspiracy theory tbh~

:tumbleweed:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I missed the whole leg thing, by the time I refreshed twitter it had already been debunked! I feel cheated out of some good old fashioned drama.

Honestly like, if they were gonna be scandalous here in the final days of 2018, what kind of scandal would be most likely? What would it take to shock us now that they've desensitized us to so much?
knq
lava lamp

I feel like I've warmed on the Sims. Maybe I've just been forced to re-watch the early episodes by my wayward Roku too many times, but I actually really like the idea of Dil living out his master mixologist aspirations as the culmination of his story.

It sounded like Dan was more interested in ginger-manbun-Dalien's story than Dab and Evan, but I hope if they do move Dab and Evan into an apartment we'll get to watch decorating.

I'm suspicious about the lack of liveshow this weekend. They seemed to be going for an every weekend kind of schedule except for when Phil fainted. I hope they're relaxing and not in the fainting kind of way.

I love tie-dye and I love Phil in tie-dye, but I just want to flag that these dudes recently donated half their clothes because they "didn't need" so much stuff and then went out and bought new clothes. :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

..leg? thing? someone plz exblain.
edit: i have a vague idea but i am still confusion.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sugar
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:26 am I missed the whole leg thing, by the time I refreshed twitter it had already been debunked! I feel cheated out of some good old fashioned drama.

Honestly like, if they were gonna be scandalous here in the final days of 2018, what kind of scandal would be most likely? What would it take to shock us now that they've desensitized us to so much?
maybe i'm just a grumpy sceptic but the leg drama did nothing more than annoy me. it seemed pretty obvious that it was fake since only one person claimed to see it and no one else got a notification. and they didn't even edit the insta story header onto it. i guess i just prefer my drama conspiracies to have a little more effot :lol:

and i feel like for anything to shock us at this point it would have to be very scandalous. the kind of scandalous i could never see them doing like accidentally uploading something with a kiss or an i love you or actually saying the word boyfriend. because i do feel like anything less than that is just sort of business as usual these days. and like i said, i couldn't ever see them being so careless after so many years of being so careful. i'd say maybe something that shows phil in bed in the moon room but we've already had our moon room "scandals" with all of phil's things in there and bug-gate. so anyway! while i don't think any kind of scandal is likely due to how careful they are, in order for it to really shock us i think it would have to be something so concrete that the antis would die out entirely.

anyway, i loved the video. i'm one of the (rare? it seems so sometimes) people who just loves the sims. very rarely do they disappoint. i wasn't sure they'd ever age up dil but i am excited for them to pursue the devan storyline more seriously. and i'd love some dalien content. i think he deserves it by now.

any predicitions as far as dalien's love life? i'm sure they know that if they want to give the people what they want, dalien will need a boyfriend as well, but i feel a little overambitious hoping for that. at the same time i feel like if they were to give him a a girlfriend, people would just..not care at this point. as in i don't think anyone would be nearly as invested in dalien's life if they don't make him queer too. i could be wrong though.

edit: @ratlad: twitter user @/rosypatchdjh uploaded a picture of their friend's leg saying that dan posted it to his story and deleted it seconds later and...people believed them.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

omg the merch for bantmas looks amazing! i'm definitely getting two mugs (thanks @ame for the design! <3)

firstly, i loved this comment, made me laugh:
flarequake wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:20 pm Also Dan is not the same as he looked aged 16, doesn’t he know he’s had about four growth spurts in different directions since then?
about the leg thing...... (thanks @sugar for the explanation)
okay let's say for a minute that it was real, dan uploading this pic on his stories, why would it be scandalous and worth the whole drama? it'd just be his leg. we've seen it before. and WHY would you this "drama"? and why would you believe it. idk man.
i really hate this part of the phandom. maybe it's because i'm old and grumpy.
:gayaf:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I totally missed the leg drama and honestly, i'm glad. Someone did a similar thing months ago, posting a fake deleted Dan's ig story screenshot of a hotel bedroom and a caption that implied Phil slept in bed with him. I believed it at first because many people were reblogging it on tumblr and my gut reaction was not 'oMG pHan is REAL!!!' but plain fear for DnP because I didn't want them to accidentally confirm their relationship when it clearly wasn't their intention.

Maybe i'm old and grumpy like @Ataraxia25, but I don't find those things funny? I don't know, it's all very annoying to me.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm with @Ataraxia25, even if it was real it doesn't say anything. He would post another picture with "Oops sorry for making you look at my leg" or something and that would be that. Most boring """drama""" in a while.

Merry Bantmas! :epictree: I was on the market for a new travel mug so this was perfect. Some top notch graphic design and art, I must say :ribena: (and thanks to Honey I got a nice little discount, thanks Phil)

I like Sims videos, they're usually pretty chill and it's like a nice tradition. But I agree that they've probably done what they can with Dil and this was a nice way for them to signal that they might leave him behind soon. I don't think they would intentionally kill him but if they move Dab to a new household and focus on Devan he might pass away peacefully.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Yeah, I'm agreeing with everyone else -- boring. I'm not even that annoyed with it, I'm just like.....okay?? I know that it was just a joke, and that's fine, no harm done or whatever, but jokes are usually funny. I'm in eyeroll central rn 😴
AltMay
glabella

I'm so excited for the Sims, this last episode defintely repiked my interest. I"m curious about how they'll handle next xmas, the whole howlter family together for one last time or will they move devan asap and will that be their first celebration together? Oh man... either way i'm so fine with it. Though it'd crack me up if they moved them out and made them return each to their respective families for christmas 👀

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.