Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

rizzo wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:38 am What monster from the underworld do I have to pay to get footage of them playing Apex together?
I would gladly sell my soul :happytears:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

As usual, this was an enjoyable liveshow for me. :D Here are my highlights:
  • [3:43] Phil starts off the liveshow with a spooky dilemma: On the wall in the room where Phil is, there’s a snail or slug trail that is in the shape of a perfect triangle, and there is no trail that leads into or out of the triangle. :illuminati:
  • [7:16] Phil says he’s hopefully going to be uploading his Halloween video tomorrow.
  • [9:18] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: In Mexico, there’s an island (called the Island of the Dolls) where there are a bunch of dolls that are slowly decaying over time due to exposure to the elements. Apparently, it’s haunted by a girl who drowned. This island is in the news because an article recently named it the world’s scariest tourist attraction.
  • [13:54] Phil says he sometimes used to shower with his socks on when he was a kid. :?
  • [15:18] Phil says balloons weren’t allowed at his prom because there was a girl who was deathly afraid of them, and he says the taste of a balloon isn’t great when you put it in your mouth. Phil later clarifies ([16:01]):
    P: “Stop licking balloons, Phil.” I just mean when you’re blowing them up. I’m not eating them! When they’re in--You have to put them in your mouth to blow them up! I’m not a weirdo!
    This was not quite a satisfactory explanation for me, as I have never stuck a balloon in my mouth to blow it up. But Google says that this is the most common method, so maybe I’m the weird one...
  • [16:12] Phil says his aunt had a gnome that was pulling its pants down, and Phil always questioned whether that was appropriate. He wondered why it was showing him its butt.
  • [17:37] Phil says he doesn’t like tomatoes because they’re too squishy, and he isn’t sure if they’re sweet or savory.
  • [18:17] Phil says he doesn’t like the texture of cotton balls or cotton wool, especially when dentists put it in his mouth.
  • [18:38] Phil is trying to get over his fear of horses because he’s met some nice ones. But he still doesn’t think he would ride one yet because they have unpredictable legs.
  • [21:52] Phil says that Norman Cam is “defective today,” but he shows the Snail Cam Extreme from last week.
  • [23:33] Phil finds out that snails live for 5-25 years. He is absolutely shocked that he may be caring for his same snails for so long.
  • [26:17] Phil says his favorite spooky movie is Scream.
  • [27:45] Phil says his favorite Halloween candy is definitely not candy corn because it’s so waxy. :candycorn:
  • [28:11] Phil says he might carve a pumpkin this year, but it won’t be on camera.
  • [29:27] Phil plays Apex Legends. At [36:26], Phil reminds us of an argument he had with Dan previously shared on Instagram regarding the color of ammo in Apex Legends. And at [52:44], Phil says, “I cheated on my husband,” after killing someone playing Gibraltar (the character Phil always plays).
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

itasca00 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:25 am
P: “Stop licking balloons, Phil.” I just mean when you’re blowing them up. I’m not eating them! When they’re in--You have to put them in your mouth to blow them up! I’m not a weirdo!
This was not quite a satisfactory explanation for me, as I have never stuck a balloon in my mouth to blow it up. But Google says that this is the most common method, so maybe I’m the weird one...
I.... but..... how do you blow up a balloon otherwise? Straw? Wrapping the balloon around your lips? I have questions.

Also whilst I'm quoting you, I'd just like to say thank you for all the marvelous timestamps. They're truly appreciated. :love2:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Lol, that made me laugh, rizzo! I think this wikiHow article does a good job of describing the technique. Basically, you just tightly press the open end of the balloon against your puckered lips with your fingers and blow. Actually, I don't really understand how the other method works. When I tried to do what's pictured below as a child, the end of the balloon always flew right out of my mouth...
Thank you for your thank you! It's always nice to hear! :D
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

rizzo wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:38 am Just finished watching the liveshow, as I wasn't able to when it was live... and like... wow. What a goddamn treat to watch Phil play a game he genuinely enjoys and plays in his free time.

It feels like we were always asking for this back in the dapg days and I understand why they didn't do it. It's not a lie that people watched for the bants... But sign me the fuck up to watch Phil (or Dan) play something he likes and more than that, something he gets really into.

What monster from the underworld do I have to pay to get footage of them playing Apex together?
Yes! This is why I love the vid of Dan playing Pokémon! It didn’t do that well with views, and neither did Phil’s solo series on DAPG, so I guess that’s why they never repeated the solo vids. (Or maybe they just preferred filming together.)

And about your last point, does Dan love this game as much as Phil does? And aren’t the two vids of them playing fortnight and Battle Royale pretty much the same thing? This one is pretty much the ultimate encapsulation of their team play IMO.

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

You can also buy or hire a balloon pump to save your own puff. I agree, though, they don’t taste great.

Oh, Dan’s Pokemon video, he was so into it, it’s adorable. There’s a game on Kickstarter, doubly-funded already, called Book of Travels, made by the Shelter studio and it’s beautiful, much calmer than most games, possibly Dan would like it, I’m not sure.

That was a lovely liveshow especially seeing him play a game he’s into, though it got a bit long for me. I’m glad to see someone else who’s not so great at games, though he’s played and finished some, I usually keep dying so much that I quit and these days buy very few cos it’s not worth it (did finish one called Secret Agent back in 1993, though).

The PhandomWatch stream yesterday was so good, I had some trouble staying awake even in the afternoon, but I made it to the end, it was lovely seeing all those spooky games again. I’d forgotten so many of the games and the bants, and how long some of the videos are. There are some good spooky week compilation videos so there are a few classic lines I remembered, and Dan’s epic flail off the chair at the end of the first Five Nights at Freddys (I looked it up and there are about four more games since the last one Deps played, it just keeps going). I had to look up the one I remembered where they were in two different rooms and it’s the Hide and Shriek one. For a moment there I wondered if I was misremembering, it seems so long ago, but I wouldn’t have seen anyone else play it. Thanks to the organisers, those streams are so cosy.
noodlebum
flower crown

Love Phil mentioning Blu Hydrangea from Drag Race UK's runway look in the liveshow too, the boys need to keep up with this important TV viewing material haha
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, I like the spooky header :skeleton: :spoopy: :bat: :pumpkinphil:
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh, I love him.

Also he looks really good in this video. I appreciate seeing some different angles.
liola
rankussy

That video was actually amazing, I think one of his best actually. Perfect spon for Halloween as well and he looked so fucking incredible!! What a man God. I can't help imagine him on Skype with Dan who would've been so freaked out
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
bevioletsky
glabella

I think that was such a good spon for him, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just like him really, he’s funny and charming. Quite a few things he said reminded me of the whole Dan and Phil are actually the same person -thing (hoot hoot bitch 🦉).
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

I loved this video. I've really been enjoying all of the Phil content of late :love1: . I'd love to see him do more videos like this, because it's a subject which has always interested me. I get the impression that he's something of a believer in ghosts/the paranormal, even if he's a little lukewarm in his conviction. I don't surmise that just from this video; there have been many other hints of this before. I'd like to find out about his beliefs in greater detail.

People's opinions on anything spiritual/supernatural/paranormal/religious/etc. have always intrigued me, and I would like it if Phil talked more about it. I have a vague suspicion about what some of his opinions on these matters might be, and I would interested to know whether I am correct or not.

(P.S. Looks like a good film. I'm a fan of the horror genre. :skeleton: :spoopy: Anyone else on here?)
TinkerTaylor
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hello! Intense lurker stopping in to comment. Much like Dan & Phil, all of you entertain me and you don't even know it.

Just watched Phil's new video and needed to tell someone how beautiful he is. Okay, that's all. Bye. :love1:
noodlebum
flower crown

That video was great, I am actually slightly spooked now despite him being fun with it, what with the lamp, and I agree - fireplaces are creepy, especially in the dark! :bat:
I wouldn't have stayed in that room on my own, no way. 'Hoot hoot bitch' made me crack up, and the advert being displayed every few minutes randomly :lol: loved it! He must've been so excited, especially being sponsored for a Stephen King book-film 8-)
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Loved the video and I agree he looked especially handsome the whole time! The murder on the chalk part actually did scare me a bit lol. Kinda confused why he kept inserting the clips saying it’s an ad so many times?
noodlebum
flower crown

I wonder if they asked him to mention it was an ad every few minutes haha, must've been a reason from their end rather than his!
stufflizloves
living flop

stufflizloves wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:45 pm this might be totally off topic but i saw a preview/promotion for Dr Sleep (The Shining ..sequel? idk ANYTHING about horror because i’m a giant chicken) earlier. it comes out on Halloween. knowing what a huge Stephen King nerd Phil is..i wonder if maaaybe his Halloween potential plans relate to that? since it would definitely be a subject that he’s interested in? kind of a stretch, but the thought still gave me pause. not totally unreasonable!
feeling a bit smug that i got slightly close to the sponsor! loved the video, it was SO on brand for Phil—but i also loved that it was a bit outside of his normal box.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

This video was so funny! Staying the nIght at a haunted hotel is such a Phil thing to do, but then he pulled out his ghost hunting equipment and I lost it :lol:

I just love him a whole lot :love1:
And yes, he looked really good. Loved the bedhead look :)
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I really enjoyed that video! I've been behind on the liveshows and haven't been keeping up with deppy quite as much lately as in the past, but videos like this remind me just how much I love Phil's personality. A very entertaining video, and I love how Phil doesn't take it too seriously but also doesn't dismiss the possibility of ghosts at the same time - a very fun, lighthearted video, and not too scary for someone who doesn't handle scary stuff well
Becky.rigby
living flop

I loved Phil's new video so much!! And I'm so grateful for Phil. He is doing liveshows, videos regularly, Instagram stories, YouTube stories and tweets. He is certainly braver than me, I had actual goosebumps watching the video.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I also loved it, laughed so hard just seeing the title in the notification. The room looks so good, that old-fashioned wooden furniture looks so luxurious, the glass looks quite fancy and the sink’s an interesting design. I’m not here for the stuffed bird, but the shower curtain’s hilarious, that’s just milking it. I think the tapping above the shower was probably just the plumbing above, though. It’s a while since we’ve seen him in his pyjamas, but I love that pair and with the black tshirt too, boy looks good. His hair too, love seeing the brown coming through. He might be onto something with the sound on the tape, idk. Funny to see an old-style tape recorder, even though it’s been years, they’re still familiar.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

still loling over him mentioning it was sponsored every 3 seconds... oreo vid really has him scarred, huh?

overall a cute video. it was lovely to see him exist outside of that white wall. i found it all a bit silly, but... tbh? that's very on-brand for phil. as is the #spon.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I loved my it so much, I wouldn't have stayed even though I don't believe in ghosts. Phil making himself laugh is my aesthetic.

Phil mentioning it being an advert so much is how sponsored videos are supposed to be, I watch toy review channels (don't judge) if something is sponsored they have to mention at the beginning and end and have it on screen for a certain amount of time, if a video is over a certain amount of time they have to mention it in the middle and put it on the screen again, It also has to be in the drop down description. If they receive something for free but don't get paid for the video they have to mention at the start and end but it doesn't have to be on screen. I'm sure WB emphasised it so it doesn't get in to trouble.
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 pm I really enjoyed that video! I've been behind on the liveshows and haven't been keeping up with deppy quite as much lately as in the past, but videos like this remind me just how much I love Phil's personality. A very entertaining video, and I love how Phil doesn't take it too seriously but also doesn't dismiss the possibility of ghosts at the same time - a very fun, lighthearted video, and not too scary for someone who doesn't handle scary stuff well
That's exactly what I liked about it. It was quite understated in terms of the ghost content. It wasn't one of those exaggerated, obviously faked videos which you see, and it also wasn't him running around pretending to be terrified by every little thing. At the same time, it didn't feel as though he was just doing the video as a #spon and treating it as a total joke. It was light-hearted and humorous, but it seemed like he was actually quite interested in paranormal investigations and open to the possibility of ghosts. It struck just the right balance in my opinion.