Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Their individual merch stores now redirect to the maintenance page of dnpshop so i'm going to assume we're right and they're merging the shops for christmas.

Which is great!! Really! But it makes me want to throw things because it's something SO easy that they could literally do all year round, that people have asked for, because they don't get shipping money anyway and making people pay double the shipping on their merch when they can so easily decide NOT to is.. a bit shit. And it also feels weird compared to last year, because at least we were living in joint content world and it made sense, now.. not really?

Do they want to be separate brands or not, like i'm fine with either just be coherent boys i'm begging you this is a branding disaster

EDIT: oh sorry for the whining on top of the page!!!

That said.. the IDB shop is :gayaf: and i love it :prideheart2: :prideheart2:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just gonna #spon ourselves for the new page!
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:52 pm Okay, Dan and Phil, you're trying to steal our spotlight, but...

It's the return of the In Depth Bants holiday pop-up shop!

We're opening a few days early but just like last year, this Redbubble store will be up from today through Dec 30.

Why are we doing it a few days early? Because we want want your money before they drop more merch and you spend it all there. (#joking...... kind of)

This forum costs money to run and the last two years, the pop up shop has been enough of a success that all forum costs have been covered by the community contributions. It has also enabled us to donate at a 50/50 split with our faves at Phandom Gives! This year PhandomGives is focused on helping We Delete Blood Cancer, a charity that does... well, exactly what it says.

We offer almost all designs on a sticker and coffee mug, since those have proven to be our past best selling items, but we can customize almost any design to almost any item that you may want. Feel free to throw in special requests!

Want to help, but don't want to buy anything? We've set up a paypal donation link right here.
alien
procrastinator

I'm so excited to get a 'keep it lowkey' mug I might cry. I didn't realize it was something I desperately needed in my life until today lol.

Realistically, I'm keeping my expectations very low for whatever merch nonsense is going on (said lovingly I'm currently wearing ii merch and I practically live in my dh hoodie these days) but in my wildest fantasy I dream of them dropping a mukbang where they tell us all about japan and announce the return of dapg in its new form! But whatever happens today I'll just be happy to see some new Phil pics :glasses:
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i absolutely love the designs on the idb shop! great to see some iconic and some more obscure dnp quotes alongside a ton of gay stuff! although for some unknown reason redbubble has decided that the ‘through the magic of the internet’ design counts as ‘mature content’ :roll:

question for the pop-up shop team: are you able to offer the stickers in smaller sizes? i would love to buy some but they’re all quite big.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
noodlebum
flower crown

Did it say something festive before on the countdown? It does now anyway.
And yes @alien that would be the dream!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

noodlebum wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm Did it say something festive before on the countdown? It does now anyway.
And yes @alien that would be the dream!
I wished I took a screenshot of when I checked this morning (just after 6:30 am for me) so I could remember BUT thankfully I checked tumblr as it seems like someone is basically documenting it lol
noodlebum
flower crown

Oh well that clears things up :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ooooooh okay gingerbread hot chocolate, I'm listening.
noodlebum
flower crown

Oh no I'm in danger, dinosaur socks and black sequinned skull jumper...
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

how can i NOT order a surprise mug? also i wish that corgi illustration was on literally anything but a white t-shirt.
blahblahblah8

The fox design is so cute! I love it but I wish the mug had the same design!
noodlebum
flower crown

Ok but give us a Japan-themed mukbang lads, come on now, if only to get those orders sailing through...

Edit: Also Dan's said on tumblr this is the last merch release from him for the foreseeable future, and he very much looks forward to sharing the exciting things he's been working on as soon as he can.
Last edited by noodlebum on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sami
squish

At ths point I may as well have gotten this month's wages paid directly into Dan and Phil's bank accounts but I genuinely don't care! :oops:
I'm sure my family won't mind the lack of Christmas presents :lol:
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
Secretstanner
truth bomb

£45 for 2 small candles and a pair of socks.. I’ve had my cards ready for this to drop any second but I can’t justify it haha I tried to use the honey code and said it wasn’t available to use at this time so :shrug: The pjs are cute though. I like Phils stuff more than dans but that’s no different than before. I do wish dan would of discounted some of his older stuff for Black Friday or gave a code but nope. I hope everyone gets a chance to get something they want :D edit: I’m so dumb was rushed to the site and didn’t even see phils tweet haha never mind
Last edited by Secretstanner on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I want the weighted blanket so, so bad but I really don't have $200 canadian dollars to spare lmao. Anyway I'm excited to wear my festive dino socks with the festive dino sweatshirt I ordered from Duncan and Mimei's shop last year ^_^

I would also love the hot chocolate but it's basically buy a mug and get some bonus hot chocolate and since I already have all their mugs oh well I guess lol. rizzo pointed out that it's a great way to get rid of the old mugs they don't need anymore, which...fair. And tbh I wish I was that person who is lacking t-shirts (I am very, very much the opposite) because I wear my dapg pjs to death and I would like more pj bottoms from them, but I love how much Phil is working with Cyarine because the art is adorable! (Also Dan, you're still welcome to steal my idea for having the upside down smiley as a pattern on a pair of bottoms).

I'm suuuuper intrigued by the video messages tho! Very interested to see them.

Anyway, loving the merch drop, wish they could keep the shops like this all the time.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Honestly? this year, I find idb's merch way cuter and, dare I say, merrier (gayer, I mean gayer) :lol: :rainbow: (not shaming anyone who likes the new dnp drop obvs)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

very here for this merch drop actually! eyeing that candle and that bracelet and that hot chocolate specifically! my only question is whether the hot chocolate is sold per pouch. like... would I pay 10 pounds for two mugfuls? that seems like... a lot, no?

but also Dan's donating part of his profits to Young Minds which gets me next level heart eyes emoji tbh
:rainbowtears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

formlessblobsunite wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:30 pm very here for this merch drop actually! eyeing that candle and that bracelet and that hot chocolate specifically! my only question is whether the hot chocolate is sold per pouch. like... would I pay 10 pounds for two mugfuls? that seems like... a lot, no?

but also Dan's donating part of his profits to Young Minds which gets me next level heart eyes emoji tbh
Based on the measurements on the back it looks like it's enough for four servings!
liola
rankussy

I love Phil's, so cute! Dan's.. always meh for me, I just hate the chunky writing. I do like the bracelet tho

But fuck the merged shops just for Christmas. Also I want a festive mukbang with Phil's pjs and the blanket and the hot chocolate SO BAD PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A MUKBANG WHY DO YOU HATE MEEE
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

I'm not getting anything this time around (i still haven't received the dan candle i bought a month ago, hmpf) but i like how many different things they dropped. There's clearly a dan range and a phil range, but both are really nice and has some unique items. Love the concept of the chocolate, but it's pricey if you don't really want the mug. The pyjamas are cute, but i really don't like that you have to get the top and bottoms in the same size.

It's really nice that dan is working with young minds again, and i love the idea of a weighted blanket. I have one and i love it. £100 is not a bad price, at least not compared to what they cost here.
noodlebum
flower crown

liola wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:31 pm Also I want a festive mukbang with Phil's pjs and the blanket and the hot chocolate SO BAD PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A MUKBANG WHY DO YOU HATE MEEE
omg yes mukbang including all the warm cosy merch pls :snowman2:
blahblahblah8

blahblahblah8 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:03 pm The fox design is so cute! I love it but I wish the mug had the same design!
Lol just realized it’s a corgi and not a fox, pls ignore me
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I am so ready to not see the word ‘merch’ for awhile, tbh
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I like Phil’s merch but dan’s is a miss for me again. It’s nice he’s donating to young minds but I’m surprised he’s got higher priced items for sale when a good chunk of the fanbase is younger.

I’m kind of sad that the only joint thing they’re offering is a video message that might come with a purchase but not surprised but I’m okay with this being the last merch drop for awhile.

I’m still confused about the glitch hoodie- it’s such a strange one-off item but anyway’s I’m glad we got this out of the way

Edit: the glitch hoodie and dan’s dh hoodie aren’t on the festive sight. Interesting choice to leave those off.
parallel
phabergé

Dan has mentioned his new project twice today: once on Twitter and once on Tumblr. That's way more often than he usually mentions this project—maybe it's nearing completion/release?