Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@SHITiveHITtheFANdom,
as a fellow raised-Christian, i could totally relate. i was about 13 and ive stumbled upon this japanese manga (ive completely forgotten what the title was because its been AGES) about this girl falling for a dude but according to the story it turns out the girl was in fact a "dude" (in retrospect, she could have been a transwoman but at that time i sure as heck didnt know what that meant) and i remember feeling very weird. it ended with the dude accepting her for who she is and mutually falling for her i believe but i remember just trying my best to wrap my head around the idea of a "queer romance" in the first place.

like a pandoras box thats been opened, i did what any curious 13 year old would do and search the internet for more. i had my "yaoi phase" and soon after i was more than comfortable about the idea of gay sex.....i was fetishizing it and didnt know better. i was still at the point where i thought lesbian fiction romance was "ew gross" and that two guys making out is "hot". its a shameful past but at the same time, i had no one to talk about such things without risking my dad potentially drowning me in holy water. this is why learning on your own (whether its a new language or a new skill) could be dangerous because its much easier to misinterpret concepts and ideas when you have no one to point out your mistakes.

when i first got into dnp, i was more aware of queer romance but i was still unsure how to fully support or converse about it , add the fact that theres this whole "speculation" about the "true nature" of their relationship...it was a weird ship to sail for 16 year old me. again, i didnt know any better. now that im older, id like to think that i have more understanding about many concepts and im now able to think separately and identify certain issues like the difference between, lets say, "romanticizing abuse" vs "mutual bdsm partnership" in a media -whether its queer or not. i do know that i still have many things left to learn but im constantly learning, constantly owning up to any mistakes i make due to ignorance, and constantly unlearning that "stay away from the Gays™" habit that ive been habituated to since i was a toddler in my Christian household. its always a learning process.

ive long gone jumped out of the danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil ship and just started to admire them from a distance as dan and phil. id rather appreciate them as an individuals who so happens to be in a wonderful relationship together, than pit them together as two white guys through the lens of their branding personalities. in a way i find this "growing up with the fans" fascinating and i sure as hell would like the two of them to talk about it from their side of the coin.
@rizzo and @ratlad i swear one of these days dan might as well just go "wow can you believe what phil did to me, i swear this guy" while showing a selfie with phil dead tired beside him in bed not giving a shit and wed all just be "cool dan"

i joke theyre already married and its a very useful one
"you are next to me in my life"
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

As my heart was pining for a more personal video on Dan's channel... well we got the sims.
This plot has been so obvious from the moment Dab was born that i'm kind of glad we can finally put it to rest. And that's how they felt about it too I think :mrgreen: I hope the next chapter really is Dil destroying the world, because the metal fatigue on this series is showing (visually on Phil's face).

It's always nice to see Dan and Phil bant about, they could basically play minesweeper every week and they could probably still make it entertaining. Hands down the funniest moment for me was their faces after Dan and Evan became 'official boyfriends" and posed for a selfie. For a very short moment, i glimpsed the horror in their eyes as they kept a pokerface :lol: :lol: I swear the Sims universe is somewhere in the seventh circle of hell. Imagine a romantic night where you finally ask the person in front of you "are we in a relationship?" and he snaps out his phone, draws you in to make some weird pose and uploads the selfies why he says yes. :| I thought Phil was being really sarcastic when he said 'they're facebook official'.

An enjoyable episode of the sims horror series but guys, please, start a new game already and maybe one that's actually good and inspires some more creative talk. Undertale 2, we need you.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Am I the only one who didn’t notice Phil looking bored? Was I too swept up with how pretty he looked? They could stand to start a new series of something, though I’d be sad to see the Sims end. They could do more with the rest of the family, though, I agree, Tabitha, Dalien and Nuki are all wallpaper these days.
bluewho
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

I think this was a good episode but I agree the sims series is getting too drawn out

About Dan's tweet, yes it is a bit naughty in implying he's messed around with someone but he doesn't say who he's messing around with so it's still safely ambiguous

ii spoilers
dancy wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:44 pm
This may be a discussion I've missed due to avoiding spoilers until the start of June but does anyone know what Interactive Introverts and "giving the people what they want" means in the grand scheme of things? I mean, obviously they're performing and doing things that people like to see them do to make it an entertaining show for their viewers but then I think of some things Dan has said, which makes it seem like they're sending some sort of message. Like in "A Week in the Life of Dan and Phil", when he started talking about the themes of the show:
The themes of being an introvert, the difference between our larger-than-life personas and the reality of who we are as people, analyzing the relationships we have with our audience, whether people like to identify as fans or individuals, growing up with us, the consequences of control and giving the people what they want and if it's a good idea or not.
Especially the last part intrigues me as it reminds me of what he said before the simulation segment of the show started, about how they're real people with free will and we shouldn't want to force them to do stuff, how the things they do might not always be what we want to see them do and to test how responsible we actually are when getting given control over them through the simulation. Then in most cases, the simulations end with them dying because of the choices that were made by the audience. Idk maybe I'm looking too deeply into this.
To me one of the main points they were trying to get across was that we do know them, that they aren't playing characters or acting in their videos but just being themselves. They are trying to be interesting in videos but they seemed to want to dispel the idea that they are completely different people in real life. Obviously we don't know everything about them, but you don't need to know everything about someone to know and like someone as a person. I think all the aspects of the show were kind of exploring 'giving the people what they want' as an idea. So first they were pointing out that giving the people what they want might not be practical e.g. they might be arrested / embarrassed etc. Then they were showing that when people choose what they want other people to do they choose selfishly, they don't necessarily think through the consequences as they would if it was their own action. That people tend to go along with the majority and want them to do the most entertaining thing, without thinking through the affect that might have for them as individuals. I.e. giving the people what they want might not be practical and may have consequences that the people haven't considered. There was also something in there about should they make content that people will like the most or make content that allows them to express their creativity. I think the answer they decided on was that they should do both e.g. early Phil videos vs. Phil videos now. And they were saying that the people might want different things because they are not a collective mass consciousness but individuals - so one person in the crowd might feel strongly that they should do x but the rest of the crowd might want them to do y. At the same time, their audience is all a community and in that respect can be seen as one entity, the majority of which might want the same thing. But I don't think any of it was meant as a criticism of the people and their wanting, but just light-hearted and humorous show exploring that theme through various sections.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Stakhanov wrote:This plot has been so obvious from the moment Dab was born that i'm kind of glad we can finally put it to rest. And that's how they felt about it too I think :mrgreen:
It might have been obvious but I don't think they were bored with it or wanted it to end. Obvious or not, it was so nice to see them just play out a queer relationship on the sims without any angst or drama and it's embarrassing how much I enjoyed it (as a queer person) but since mainstream media is not delivering, I'll take this. It was such a nice message to send to their queer fans, especially younger ones and it'd be a mistake to think that it wasn't intentional or that they didn't know what they were doing start to finish.

I liked this episode a lot and even though Dan said it was the end of this chapter and they'd concentrate on Dil more, I hope that this doesn't mean Dab and Evan will just disappear into the background like Dalien basically did. (I'd actually really love it if they aged Dab up and had him move out. It would give the series a fresh new angle to have him live in the city world maybe, they didn't even really show that yet except for that one trip where they left Evan behind that one time.)
liola
rankussy

I've been enjoying the sims series since they started focusing on Dab and Evan but this one didn't live up to the previous ones imo. I didn't necessarily get a low energy vibe from them particularly but I feel like they're trying to figure out what to do with the sims next and how to fit every character in it. However, low energy or not, I just love that they did this, that they spent an episode playing up the physical relationship of two characters of the same sex, and the unashamed exchange or promise rings and calling them boyfriends :happytears:
It made me go on tumblr cause I remembered there was a theory derpy and preppy exchanged promise rings back in 2010 and sure enough i found people digging up old pictures of them wearing similar rings in two different occasion that I honestly thought I had dreamed :mrgreen:
I have a feeling they're gonna kill off Tabitha :shrug: the "there's no love left in there" comment from Dan made me roll my eyes, mate just bc you're used to flirt with ya man after 10 years doesn't mean love isn't sometimes quiet and comfortable.

That tweet reply, TMI, stop being loud, we get it!!! We been knew!! At this point I'm just waiting for Phil to start bragging about how much sex he has so that we can compare the obvious amounts of sex Dan has with his secret boyfriend and the sex Phil has with his :ribena:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

I haven’t watched the whole video, I’m on vacation and the WiFi kept cutting out but I did notice that Phil kept putting his hands on his back, perhaps he was just tired and sore? The “there’s no love left there” was made when they were both in the bathroom and a similar comment about the romance being dead was made pretty early on in the series. But who knows.

I saw the ring thing on Tumblr and the photos they use for Phil’s are from Edinburgh’s Big Weekend when they were hanging out with the girls from the cabaret. The ring is big and gold and uncomfortably shaped and he was also wearing a bracelet so that’s really not proof in my opinion. Also the pic of Dan earinf toast from Dailybooth was really early days wasn’t it?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Love the replies on queer media and how important it can be to people just figuring themselves out, particularly the kind of fluffy happy stories that make up like... most straight teen/pre-teen targeted tv shows. <3

I also don't think the rings are probably promise rings, mostly because of the timing of the Dan picture being so early into things. (But I'm also not the kind of person who really thinks that anyone needs rings for commitments so I'm probably not the kind of person inclined to be looking for things like that either. I even have a hard time getting a real on whether or not Dan and Phil would be the type to want that.)
dancy
procrastinator

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 pm I was pretty spoiled for it by the time I got home and got to watch it, but that was a pretty good episode. I almost wish they'd acknowledged pride month, but I'm guessing they might not have been entirely sure when it would go up at the point of recording and it would have been weird to firmly date stamp it if it got delayed and didn't go up til July.

Definitely enjoy how unabashedly queer their content is now. It just... honestly. It makes me fucking happy, completely removed from personal attachment to Dan and Phil. I can't really express how stunned I'd have been at 13 or 14 (or younger) to see a teenage queer romance played out that didn't have any angst or any emotional conflict centered around sexuality. I love serious, complex queer stories but: queer fluff! Escapism content where you're just not straight and no one cares and you fall in love and it's all great! Normalization of queer things that non-queer people never question as anything but normal. I didn't even know it was possible until I discovered fanfic in my teens. I may not always find The Sims the most interesting content, but I will forever love them just for putting this into the world.
I think this is an extremely important thing to acknowledge. My first foray into fanfiction was (hetero) Twilight fluff (I know, I know! I've grown up and realized the error in my ways and the flaws of the Bella/Edward dynamic (but to be fair I was 11 when twilight came out and I lived in Utah, aka twilight-craze central)). I knew about homosexuality in only the vaguest of ways (that is it was a condemnable "sin" that you should pray away :sideeye: ) and certainly knew nothing of the logistics (sex. I'm talking about non-straight, non-scientific sex). Colour me confused, then, when I accidentally stumbled upon a homosexual fluff to implied smut fic :shock: .

Although I still couldn't quite connect the dots of how they actually did anything (Oh my poor naive 11yo mind), it was surprisingly cute, a bit hot, and extremely intriguing in a, 'huh, this doesn't seem so bad, what's the fuss about? I want to learn more' sort of way. And so I searched out another (very fluffy, very gay) fic, and another, and another. AND LO AND BEHOLD I DISCOVERED A WHOLE NEW GENRE OF FICTION, which to my extreme curious, bibliophilic, book-addicted, sucker-for-a-love-story, socially-awkward preteen mind was IMMENSELY EXCITING!

13yo me thoughts: 'You mean to tell me that there are even more love stories and relationship dynamics that I've never even heard about?! Why haven't I ever read a novel with a gay protagonist- heck gay character in all my readings?! I've literally read the entirety of the school's library and not once have I come across a non-straight relationship. Why not? Lesbians are so cute and cuddly! I'm distraught! I must catch up on all the stories I never knew existed!' Unintentionally (and unknowingly for years), I was slowly having a sexual awakening, all thanks to fanfiction.net on my trusty windows vista.

Looking back at it now, I wonder what my mother would have thought if she had ever bothered to check the dozens of print jobs I was carefully saving into plastic sleeves in a big binder labelled 'homework', when in reality it was my growing collection of favorite, perhaps slightly naughty (of course nothing over teen+ mind you, I was a good Christian girl and wouldn't dare) romantic fanfiction - straight, gay, queer or otherwise! :lol:

Gradually, mainly thanks to Tumblr and the discovery of AO3, I figured out the 'logistics' (nostalgic sigh, to think that I got the majority of my sexual education through horny writers on the internet :roll:) of gay sex, and much more importantly the history, politics, and influence of the lgbt community on society, while simultaneously questioning why love in any 'non-conventional' form, or sex in general, was frowned upon in religion when that is supposed to be based on love in the first place. (Shockingly throughout all this, I still didn't realize that I was anything other than straight until last year if you can believe it!)

And all that brings us to Dan and Phil, whom I actually didn't discover through YouTube (and I barely watched any 'YouTubers' before them), but whom I actually discovered searching 'gay love' tags on AO3, because after reading several cute fics and loving both their 'characters'' personalities and relationship dynamic, I decided to check out their content on YouTube, and then had the pleasure to fall in love with them as real people instead of fictional characters.

So yes, I too am loving how unabashedly queer their content is and the their normalisation of queer things. I couldn't be happier actually! To think of all the personal drama and frankly hell I silently went through as a teenager questioning and coming to grips with 'queerness' and that I could have avoided had lgbt issues been discussed and normalized as I was growing up. I take great pleasure now when I 'think something gay' as well as when I see other people openly celebrating their love. So while I'm not the biggest fan of the Sims, I'll take it and I'll ship it because YAY GAY!

Apologies, I know this had been long and waffley, but I think that's a fitting way for me to end my month of June. So Goodnight, happy insta stories, and HAPPY PRIDE! :bigthumbsup: <3 :clapping: :prideflag: :rainbow: :prideheart: :prideheart2: :rainbowsparkle1: :hearts: :cheer: :blueflower: :bloom: :newyear: :birthday:
I agree! As a kid, I was never hateful of the LGBT+ community but I just saw it as "weird" because I hardly knew anyone who was a part of it (except for some Dutch celebrities who I considered to be annoying) and I never saw it being portrayed in TV shows, movies or books. Like you, it was fan fiction which introduced me to queer romance and really helped me to accept it more as something normal and eventually with my own sexuality. Therefore I am very happy to see D&P treating Devan the way they are and playing a part in normalizing such relationships.

Other than that, like most people here I liked the Sims video but I do hope there will be some type of change in the future to keep things fresh, though I doubt Dab will be moving out anytime soon since D&P just gave him a new room.

Also, I got this pop-up on Rize saying that Alfie Deyes, Oli White and Nick Bean are going to start doing liveshows on the app as well. I'm not particularly fond of any of these people but it is interesting that they're trying to get more Youtubers involved. I might watch Oli's live stream which is supposed to start in about an hour to see if the app has improved at all and might be ready for D&P this week (probably not :lol: ).
Tottrie
drama llama

I feel so sad to read about so many of you that didn't grow up in a community where LBTQ was talked about and accepted. I remember when I was younger and played Sims 2 and made two girls fall in love and have a family. I had never met anyone who was lesbian but it was just a normal thing to me. My family has always seen love as love and my mum said without me asking her that she didn't care what gender mine or my siblings future partners are, and that we don't have to tell her our sexuality, "if a hetero person don't have to, nobody should have to" she said. "just come home with the person you love"
I think that I live in some kind of dream world. It was only when I started reading in to things that I released that so many people are hated by their families and friends just because of who they love.
Really good of Dan and Phil to treat Dab and Evans relationship no differently from if Dab was with a girl. Because it isn't, it's just love. :love1:
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

Tottrie wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:51 pm I remember when I was younger and played Sims 2 and made two girls fall in love and have a family. I had never met anyone who was lesbian but it was just a normal thing to me.
on the sims 2 i used to make houses full of dudes and make them all make out with each other and laugh at how ridiculous that was because like boys don't kiss each other that's so funny you can't do that in real life. now i'm a flaming queer. thanks will wright.

the sims 2, jrock and emo bands, probably d+p honestly, and ouran high school host club were my queer outlets before i was sure of who i was. :japhan: kiss kiss oh god i'm so bisexual :japhan: :biflag:
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
knq
lava lamp

We seem to notice Phil being visibly unsettled, which has been interpreted as not interested, in the Sims series particularly. It could be that he's bored with the game (I certainly am) but it's also possible that with the way they play the game, with Dan doing all the clicks, Phil doesn't quite know where to look or how to situate his body on camera.

I appreciate the points everyone has made about the normalization of queer relationships in fiction. It felt like discovering gold when I found out I could make my male Sims fall in love and get married in one of the early games. It was the GREATEST GLITCH ever. It didn't even occur to me at the time that the developers might have intentionally included the possibility of telling queer stories in the game. I may be bored with the Sims, but it makes me happy that young (or not) people today can see queer characters and romance as the norm, especially when those stories don't end in death.

Dan used to criticize phanfiction for always killing him or Phil at the end, and I remember him criticizing (without ever outright stating an opinion, of course) I think Yuri on Ice for establishing a queer relationship by a creator just saying two characters were together instead of actually showing the characters kissing or anything on screen. (I might be wrong there. I don't watch the show.)

So while I sometimes think Sims is a series they see as a consistent, low investment source of income, I'm also pleased that they're creating for others the stories their younger selves would have liked to see. (I just assume Phil shares Dan's opinions. It's usually a safe assumption.) Dan especially would have benefited from gay role models. I think he doesn't necessarily want to be that role model for other people himself, but he can create it with the Sims.

Re: promise rings. The comparison to the Jonas purity rings, which I recall being the subject of general scoffing at the time, made me think Dan and Phil found it a bit silly even if it did make a cute story. I doubt they'd exchange rings like that. If they did have matching rings in the early days, it seems more likely one of them owned a ring and the other periodically wore it. Like Phil's shirts. And hoodies. And underwear. :shrug:

Someone on twitter or tumblr pointed out that Dan saying you'd expect Evan to agree to be boyfriends since he'd come over to "mess around" indicates Dan isn't too familiar with hook-up culture/casual sex. I tend to agree but I'm curious how other people interpreted his comment!

Finally, I noticed in the beginning of this Sims video Dan and Phil's recap seemed to be geared towards people who'd never seen the series. They described "our teen Sim Dab," showed a picture of Dab, and also "his boyfriend Evan." That startled me as Dan usually refers to them as friends. Has he ever actually referred to them as boyfriends before? I wondered if they were expecting people who hadn't seen previous episodes to watch this one.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

Tottrie wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:51 pm I feel so sad to read about so many of you that didn't grow up in a community where LBTQ was talked about and accepted. I remember when I was younger and played Sims 2 and made two girls fall in love and have a family. I had never met anyone who was lesbian but it was just a normal thing to me. My family has always seen love as love and my mum said without me asking her that she didn't care what gender mine or my siblings future partners are, and that we don't have to tell her our sexuality, "if a hetero person don't have to, nobody should have to" she said. "just come home with the person you love"
I think that I live in some kind of dream world. It was only when I started reading in to things that I released that so many people are hated by their families and friends just because of who they love.
Really good of Dan and Phil to treat Dab and Evans relationship no differently from if Dab was with a girl. Because it isn't, it's just love. :love1:
i think its a wonderful thing to grow up in an environment where there is no judgment on peoples identities or who they love! among society, theres always groups of people who are loving and accepting but unfortunately theres also the flip-side to this coin. sometimes its not entirely a black and white issue though. before my family migrated to canada, i used to go to a catholic escalator school where its mostly known as a university but it also has a kindergarden, elementary and highschool department - albeit a bit small, like only about 400 students small - everyone knew each other. i remember theres a couple students that identify as gay but there was no bullying of any sort. since all the students knew each other like family, everyone just kind of accepted it as a matter of fact, but also since its a "catholic school" we knew better not to discuss it in front of the teachers or other adults. i doubt we were all educated in what lgbtq is really at the time, but at the back of our minds we knew not to be a snitch.

anyways, i went off tangent lol...what i wanna say is, with this current social climate, theres bound to be many changes happening. focusing on deppy though, i can say that they are far more relaxed now about themselves and i am living for it. but like i said, its always a process of learning and sometimes, you just need to learn how to let go of your past in order to move on with your current happiness, and it seems as if they both are in this part of the journey right now.

(sorry i started with somethin g butnow i totally forgot what my original point was hope i make sense)
"you are next to me in my life"
dancy
procrastinator

dancy wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm Also, I got this pop-up on Rize saying that Alfie Deyes, Oli White and Nick Bean are going to start doing liveshows on the app as well. I'm not particularly fond of any of these people but it is interesting that they're trying to get more Youtubers involved. I might watch Oli's live stream which is supposed to start in about an hour to see if the app has improved at all and might be ready for D&P this week (probably not :lol: ).
A lil' recap: They seem to have turned off the front camera when you're watching a liveshow, so you don't see yourself in the corner anymore (just your profile picture, which I'm still unable to change to a picture from my gallery btw). The quality of the stream itself wasn't the best, as it was at times laggy or had no sound but I experience that with Younow as well so :shrug: He dragged a couple of random people into the liveshow, of which some weren't actually visible or could be heard properly while others could be seen and heard just fine. There will only a little over a hundred people watching, so the comments didn't go very fast and I was able to read them all. At some point he wanted to go downstairs or something and that's when the stream froze and he decided to stop. I'm still unsure as to whether the live shows can be recorded or not (not that I even know how to do that) but apparently Alfie is doing a live show tomorrow, so that could be an opportunity for someone to test it out if they want to.
firsttimeposter
living flop

A bit of negativity lol
so dnp have started only posting stories later on in the day, and I feel like it might be because.. they don’t meet up until later on in the day? Like, these stories today with Phil sound like he’s just telling dan the story of him waking up at 6 am, and honestly, it would make sense for them to only do these stories, which they may see as work related, with their ‘colleague’, each other? Honestly it’s the most negative way to perceive this haha, so I’m quite confused to why my mind is going there. Also when they’re not doing a show, when they’re together, they’re also hanging out with their team. Any of you feel like that?
Anyway I feel like Phil’s 6 am story could’ve been told in a liveshow so plz dnp, Rize or not. I miss the bants.
liola
rankussy

firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 pm A bit of negativity lol
so dnp have started only posting stories later on in the day, and I feel like it might be because.. they don’t meet up until later on in the day? Like, these stories today with Phil sound like he’s just telling dan the story of him waking up at 6 am, and honestly, it would make sense for them to only do these stories, which they may see as work related, with their ‘colleague’, each other? Honestly it’s the most negative way to perceive this haha, so I’m quite confused to why my mind is going there. Also when they’re not doing a show, when they’re together, they’re also hanging out with their team. Any of you feel like that?
Anyway I feel like Phil’s 6 am story could’ve been told in a liveshow so plz dnp, Rize or not. I miss the bants.
i honestly don't see why that would be a thing? They're travelling a lot and are switching up timezones a lot, it's not Clear if they've got the tour bus yet, their mornings are probably really hectic at the moment. And if they have time to lounge in bed in the mornings, what would they even share? Lol hey guys look at us we're having breakfast in bed oh why we're sharing y'all wonder?

And of course they spend time with the team, people like Marianne and security are there for a reason, but we've already gotten tales of people seeing just the two of them around.
Like..I don't really get this negativity?
Anyway, Well well..guess it's happening soon? This wasn't online a week ago https://amazingphilshop.com
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm sorry and I don't want to be rude but at this point I'm always baffled/confused when I see people who assume they're "colleagues" and nothing else but. Hell, I'm confused when people think they're platonic bffs with zero romantic attachment, but colleagues? How do people ignore like 99% of things d&p say and do and always twist it in some way...
They literally go to most places together even when they don't need to, their interactions heavily imply they're not just work mates, and if they're hanging out with their team, well thank fuck, I'd hate to stan a pair of jerks who ignore the people that work for them.

I don't have the time to elaborate this, sorry, I just want to say that you don't have to feel this way unless you really want to. If these two are indifferent colleagues then I'm the Queen of England.

spoiler: am not the queen of england
firsttimeposter
living flop

Ablissa wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm
I'm sorry and I don't want to be rude but at this point I'm always baffled/confused when I see people who assume they're "colleagues" and nothing else but. Hell, I'm confused when people think they're platonic bffs with zero romantic attachment, but colleagues? How do people ignore like 99% of things d&p say and do and always twist it in some way...
They literally go to most places together even when they don't need to, their interactions heavily imply they're not just work mates, and if they're hanging out with their team, well thank fuck, I'd hate to stan a pair of jerks who ignore the people that work for them.

I don't have the time to elaborate this, sorry, I just want to say that you don't have to feel this way unless you really want to. If these two are indifferent colleagues then I'm the Queen of England.

spoiler: am not the queen of england
Oh I put it in brackets because I know they’re not just colleagues obviously. I’d like to assume they’re not just friends either, though it’s just not coming to me. I guess I’m one of the people who just see them as platonic best friends. Definitely not just colleagues haha.

Anyway I’m really curious, when do you think Phil will come out with his merchandise? Now that the website is up, the earliest could be.. tonight?! Maybe.
Last edited by firsttimeposter on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm fairly sure the insta stories happen later in the day because they're not going to live broadcast their whereabouts while they're still at them. Early on they did instastories from hotel rooms and fans would very quickly zero in on the hotel locations. If they were to post the stories while they were out at a restaurant, etc then fans would probably show up in that area. The show venues are safe; it doesn't matter if people pinpoint the location because that's obviously somewhere people already know where they are. Besides that, they're just giving it a wider berth between when they've done something (during the day) and when they post it (hours later presumably when they're on longer in that area).
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I totally assumed they changed it up because they're in the US now and are trying to balance a busy schedule and are constantly on the move. Have you even seen how much traveling is happening? (I mapped it out the other day and boy let me tell you, just putting circles and lines on a map to follow their tour is maddening enough, let alone actually traveling that much). :shrug:
I also don't see why they wouldn't hang out with their team, which largely consists of friends, family, and people they've known for years. IDK, wouldn't it be super weird for example for Phil to not regularly hang out with Martyn while they're on a world tour together?

Personally I'm consistently surprised that Dan & Phil actually manage to hang out this much together. I'd have killed someone by now if I was spending this insanely much time, both at work and in free time, with one other person. They could super easily split up more and have it be perfectly natural, 'I wanted to see this thing and Phil wanted to see something else so we're meeting up again later for dinner', but no, they're doing everything together.

I really, genuinely don't think you have anything to be worried about.

oh god I forgot about Phil's merch and I already spent too much money in the past two weeks. Goodbye, savings, it's been fun having you for like, a week :lol:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Just wanted to jump in an add, that I'm not surprised they're hanging with their team when sightseeing? I'm sure they all want to see the sights too, and it makes sense to see things as a group rather than split off from dnp and then probably see the same things. :)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

DnP always do this - Do you remember the liveshow where Dan talked about the Kangaroo costume that Phil bought and then in the video (which was filmed later) he acted like he didn't know anything about it? It's their thing and nothing I would take to heart.

I can see them not wanting to upload stories from their hotel room for privacy but when they have we've gotten stories of them together in their pj's late at night eating and stories of them watching tv in the same hotel room in the morning so obviously they are together - they just aren't being loud about it.

And personal note but I just took a plane to see the show and flew back the next day and was exhausted so i'm shocked that they are posting as much as they are because this show and all of their flights/travelling has to be draining. I think we'll always want more from deps but as for right now I'm actually really happy that they are at least keeping us in the loop so well.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm I'm fairly sure the insta stories happen later in the day because they're not going to live broadcast their whereabouts while they're still at them. Early on they did instastories from hotel rooms and fans would very quickly zero in on the hotel locations. If they were to post the stories while they were out at a restaurant, etc then fans would probably show up in that area. The show venues are safe; it doesn't matter if people pinpoint the location because that's obviously somewhere people already know where they are. Besides that, they're just giving it a wider berth between when they've done something (during the day) and when they post it (hours later presumably when they're on longer in that area).
This. I personally love analyzing the shit out of every Dan and Phil related pixel we get, and what I don't want to find when I do that is where they are. That seems to have happened a lot in 2012/2013, and I'm glad that Dan and Phil of 2018 can find a system to share themselves without having whatever experience they're sharing interrupted because they didn't hide their location well enough.

I enjoyed lounging!Dan in Phil's IG story. Not sure whether Phil's developed hallucinations or not tbh, but it's nice to know I can always trust Dan to be lounging nearby when Phil turns a camera on. :love2:
starwatersong
phabergé

This M&G photo is so cute!
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
sparkle
blobfish

going to catch up properly tomorrow but I wanted to add a few thoughts.

Considering my Pride Month ended with some fucking twat calling me and my girlfriend 'lesbian slags' while threatening us (me, queer af, scared of dogs) with his very aggressive staffy I'm tempted to actually watch The Sims series for the first time in forever to distract from how shit that was. We reported it to the police, i'm being interviewed as a witness to a hate crime next week, because nobody fucking gets away with that shit around me.

I would also like to use this post as a way to express that i'm very fucking sad rn (lol guess who moved out of Manchester so is literally fucking heartbroken rip Manchester 2013-2018 you will be missed) so can it please constitute Sparkles daily request for a new AmazingPhil or dinof video.

Thanks

edit: I'm also considering booking (read - will book on tuesday probably) my next tattoo which is somewhat (Read: almost directly) inspired by a Dan video (read: Trying To Live My Truth) so thats a thing that is happening with me
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle: