Dan & Phil Part 18: disgustingly & inappropriately cute

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

blueapple_x wrote:Whatever the gender of their NASA tour guide, I guess this means #phandivorced guys!

Lol sorry I always wanted to say that
I thought of a guy, usually because he calls guys "cute." I don't know though. Everyone in the chat was also questioning his sexuality (as usual) but he kind of seemed done with it. I feel like he's trying to say he's not straight without labeling himself, but you know, a lot of people still think he is.
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
cora808 wrote: "This isn't the place to talk about Brexit" *Talks about BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter
"What are your thoughts on gay rights? hahahaha YouNow isn't the place for opinions" *Talks about Homosexual Pride Day trolling*
If you're trying to point out hypocrisy, I disagree.

What he said about BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter was that some people in the AllLivesMatter side are only on that side because they are miss-understanding what BlackLivesMatter means. That could be considered an opinion, but I don't think it is directly comparable to Brexit, which is a complex political situation.

What he said about heterosexual pride day was not an opinion, it was a piece of information. He said that the movement was started by trolls.

He was asked whether he supported gay rights and he sighed. I think in frustration, because that should be pretty obvious by now, and apparently to some people it isn't. that right there was an opinion of mine
Oh lord simma down. I wasn't relating any of those topics to one another, simply pointing out that he was like "Ok, no talking about serious stuff that requires in depth discussion....but here's my thoughts on a serious thing that requires in depth discussion". He did it twice. Made me laugh.
It's like saying "I'm not gonna talk about drama today...*pause*...but did you see what that bitch Carly was wearing today? Seriously?? Ok no, I'm done, I'm done."
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

fancybum wrote: Based on what from this particular liveshow? He didn't specify a gender for the NASA guide.
The lack of sleep must be getting to me, i thought he specified it was a guy.
In the absence of cold hard facts i'll just have to project and carry on then

I'm not engaged so much with the tumblr part of the fandom, but the Dicks? Nice. comment doesn't even need context for me. If you take his words in a literal manner there, you don't understand how Dan works imo ;)

Tour book? I hope not, the way I interpreted it is that they are floating the idea to add something physical to a physically released DVD, like you see a lot of musicians (or game designers) do nowadays. The ladders Vinyl elpee might be arriving soon... :thumb:

Time to hibernate for a few hours. Good night to all
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
jess
living flop

My favorite moment came early...

Person: Did you miss Haru while you were gone?
Dan: Who? We're not doing that anymore, are we?

Talking about more than just the Haru pillow there, Dan?
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Stakhanov wrote: Anyway I'm officially moving Dan from the 'straight' column to the 'bi, and should totally call me i'm still free this friday' column. At this point, he's just become to good at crushing on men and publicly talking about it. Your cover is blown, Dan.
Fully aware this may underwhelm 95 percent of the regulars here.
Nice to see you've finally gotten with the program Stakhanov. It took you long enough. :)
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
backin09
living flop

People on Twitter are talking about a #bedgate slip up? the liveshow was very laggy so i probs missed it?
without the internet, we never would have met
jess
living flop

backin2009 wrote:People on Twitter are talking about a #bedgate slip up? the liveshow was very laggy so i probs missed it?
Phil talked about watching something in bed (Bates Motel?) & Dan mentioned watching Bates Motel with Phil.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

jess wrote:
backin2009 wrote:People on Twitter are talking about a #bedgate slip up? the liveshow was very laggy so i probs missed it?
Phil talked about watching something in bed (Bates Motel?) & Dan mentioned watching Bates Motel with Phil.
Yeah I think Phil specified that he watched it in bed when he couldn't sleep.
backin09
living flop

alittledizzy wrote:
jess wrote:
thanks!
without the internet, we never would have met
blueapple_x
flower crown

Someone needs to put them revealing those things in a gif or video lol. Is this "sweet potato fries in bed w/ making a murderer" all over again?
Last edited by blueapple_x on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cora
eclipse shirt

Lain
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote:
jess wrote:
Can't believe Phil would wake Dan up and drag him out of his bunk just for some company during Bates Motel on sleepless nights. Selfish. :tsk:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

blueapple_x wrote:Someone needs to put them revealing those things in a gif or video lol. This is "sweet potato fries in bed w/ making a murderer" all over again
That was a good one as well.

But I thought that by this point we all knew that they watch all tv/anime shows together anyway. If one tells us that they watched something I just automatically assume that the other person watched it with him.
000dia000
emo goose

bedhead91 wrote:
Stakhanov wrote: Anyway I'm officially moving Dan from the 'straight' column to the 'bi, and should totally call me i'm still free this friday' column. At this point, he's just become to good at crushing on men and publicly talking about it. Your cover is blown, Dan.
Fully aware this may underwhelm 95 percent of the regulars here.
Nice to see you've finally gotten with the program Stakhanov. It took you long enough. :)
:welcome: just remember, there's no escape :D
:cactus:
blueapple_x
flower crown

SquishPhan wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Someone needs to put them revealing those things in a gif or video lol. This is "sweet potato fries in bed w/ making a murderer" all over again

But I thought that by this point we all knew that they watch all tv/anime shows together anyway. If one tells us that they watched something I just automatically assume that the other person watched it with him.
I think it was more about the fact that they probably watched it in bed together lol
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

trashqueen wrote:so, am i assuming too much or can we all agree that is official that we're getting a fucking tour book of some sort? i couldn't be less interested in that
Ever since it became clear that they wouldn't start sharing pictures or anecdotes like at all, a few weeks into the tour, I had a suspicion that they would make a book of it.
After TABINOF being such a success, their management and publisher must be on their knees begging them to do another one, and this is like the only thing I can think of that might fill another book. And that would explain them not sharing ANYTHING at all while being on the "biggest adventure of their lives", and their reluctance to share tour anecdotes.

Does this sound bitter? bc I actually don't really care. I care more about the hate they might get for it and it gives me serious drama flashbacks to the bour announcement last year…*shudders*

(ok maybe I'm a BIT bitter about the radio silence these last three months)

I bet there will be a pancake chapter!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

blueapple_x wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

I think it was more about the fact that they probably watched it in bed together lol
I get it, but even that doesn't surprise me anymore. They have really almost become one person in my mind. :lol:
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

cora808 wrote:
cora808 wrote: "This isn't the place to talk about Brexit" *Talks about BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter
"What are your thoughts on gay rights? hahahaha YouNow isn't the place for opinions" *Talks about Homosexual Pride Day trolling*

What he said about BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter was that some people in the AllLivesMatter side are only on that side because they are miss-understanding what BlackLivesMatter means. That could be considered an opinion, but I don't think it is directly comparable to Brexit, which is a complex political situation.

What he said about heterosexual pride day was not an opinion, it was a piece of information. He said that the movement was started by trolls.

He was asked whether he supported gay rights and he sighed. I think in frustration, because that should be pretty obvious by now, and apparently to some people it isn't. that right there was an opinion of mine
Oh lord simma down. I wasn't relating any of those topics to one another, simply pointing out that he was like "Ok, no talking about serious stuff that requires in depth discussion....but here's my thoughts on a serious thing that requires in depth discussion". He did it twice. Made me laugh.
It's like saying "I'm not gonna talk about drama today...*pause*...but did you see what that bitch Carly was wearing today? Seriously?? Ok no, I'm done, I'm done."
I think you completely missed the point that they were making. BisexualShoeMarriage says very clearly that Dan didn't really express any opinions. He simply tried to point out where he thinks that people had misconceptions. Some people said that he gave plenty of opinions about having opinions, which I agree with. But basically you are saying that Dan is being a hypocrite when others don't think that he was. Literally he didn't even say that he supports the Blacklivesmatter movement or that other people should. The only opinion he gave was saying that he supports gay rights and that supporting gay rights is 'good'.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Can someone point out where in his liveshow Phil actually said he watched Bates Motel (or w/e show) in bed/to help him sleep? I found the part where he said he watched Bates Motel on tour but I don't see where he mentioned watching something in bed/watching something to help him sleep.
Lain
eclipse shirt

blueapple_x wrote:Can someone point out where in his liveshow Phil actually said he watched Bates Motel (or w/e show) in bed/to help him sleep? I found the part where he said he watched Bates Motel on tour but I don't see where he mentioned watching something in bed/watching something to help him sleep.
It was a tweet:
Philena
blobfish

I completely agree with daphenaxa. I think that was my fave Dan ls ever. He was so chill and natural. I felt a connection with him when he went on his opinions/blm rants. It was like getting a small glimpse into his psyche, as much as you possibly can in that sort of situation. A+ grade from me, fwtw. Also, 36 mentions of Phil, according to Tumblr.
felucca
truth bomb

Lain wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Can someone point out where in his liveshow Phil actually said he watched Bates Motel (or w/e show) in bed/to help him sleep? I found the part where he said he watched Bates Motel on tour but I don't see where he mentioned watching something in bed/watching something to help him sleep.
It was a tweet:
Also this one for context:
They had a tour show byye.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
Cora
eclipse shirt

spaceguitar wrote:
cora808 wrote:

I think you completely missed the point that they were making. BisexualShoeMarriage says very clearly that Dan didn't really express any opinions. He simply tried to point out where he thinks that people had misconceptions. Some people said that he gave plenty of opinions about having opinions, which I agree with. But basically you are saying that Dan is being a hypocrite when others don't think that he was. Literally he didn't even say that he supports the Blacklivesmatter movement or that other people should. The only opinion he gave was saying that he supports gay rights and that supporting gay rights is 'good'.
Nope! Not what I said at all! Never called him a hypocrite. Not taking any of that seriously. I was commenting that it made me giggle that he couldn't help himself by saying "I'm not going to talk about serious stuff here. Ok but here's one little comment about serious stuff. Ok ok no I'm not gonna talk about serious stuff. Serious topics require more focus and conversation. Ok, just one more comment."

I'm not calling him a hypocrite. I'm not calling out the pearl clutching horror of him addressing one topic and not another. You guys are reading waayyyyy too much into my listing the subjects. Ignore the subjects. The subjects he chose to discuss is not the point. I was giggling at his inability to stay #n00tral and not talk about serious stuff in liveshow format (which is funny because the other stuff he's active on is twitter and tumblr and he never uses those for serious purposes so really he never has an online outlet for his serious opinions and discussions, which is a shame because he's a smart boy with a decent ability for intellectual debate. But sadly his fanbase is not prepared or mature enough for that (despite the fact that if a good chunk of them shut up and listened, they could really grow from conversation like that) and anything he chooses to discuss, from racial relations to his favorite color to hot dog toppings to lgbt rights, will be met with misunderstandings, out-of-context attacks, offensive at wordings, trigger accusations, and #phanconfirmations.

Oh well.

Hey Dan, I hope you get to have intellectual debates in your real life.
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Like most of us, didn't find that as good as Phil's (which was, in fairness, one of his best ever for me) but understandable that he was low energy and enjoyed it thoroughly nonetheless.

On the opinions thing, I think a lot of people chalk his lack of opinion sharing up to fear of backlash (which is undeniably part of it, he's even expressed that himself) but I think more can be said for his rather acute awareness of the /vastness of life and the universe/ and appreciation that his opinions may not be fully-formed or appropriate to share etc etc. Someone less concerned with the vastness of the universe and their relative insignificance wouldn't give much of a shit about that (like me - I'm really not preoccupied with any grand questions or theories and so I'll spout my opinions willy nilly) but he's a sensitive soul and I think that plays a big part of it.

Tell you what stuck out to me: he was asked for opinions on a number of social and political matters just then, as I'm sure he is most of the time. Blacklivesmatter, Brexit, US election etc. On those cases he did the standard 'now is not the time lol' followed by some fairly brief opinion sharing.

His reaction to asking if he supported gay rights was quite different. He literally scoffed a 'yes' at it like it was funny to even ask. And it is, but its also funny (in that same, not-actually-funny way) to think he wouldn't support Blacklivesmatter or would support Trump. And he didn't laugh at those. This stuck out to me because many people at my work didn't used to know I was gay and whenever I was asked if I supported gay marriage for example, I'd do that same scoffy kind of laugh like 'yeh duh'. I replayed it a few times and it felt very familiar.

Weird one this, but did anyone get an uneasy feeling when he was discussing LA vs London? They always used to be pretty clear that they wouldn't move abroad but he seemed more enamoured with LA this time, post-tour. I hope they haven't gotten any ideas about moving. IDK why but I'd feel less connected if they lived in a different country to me. I like them being on the same time zone as me cos I'm SELFISH.

Oh shit, that's just given me a thought: they could actually move abroad, together, same house and stuff, without it being called upon as the ultimate phan evidence as it would be if they stayed in the UK. Cos like... they moved there for their careers... and of course they'd move in together, they're new to the country and made the move for their joined career as Platonic Bros so it makes sense to get a place together while they settle in... and maybe they'll move out one day... but years will pass and that day will never come but it'll be chalked up to the same reasoning as having the flat in London together when they moved from Manchester... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the horror someone talk me down I THOUGHT THAT WAS GONNA BE OUR ENDGAME
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
idkm8
squish

really liked the liveshow. it was nothing AMAZING but it was just so nice to see him again and get to interact with him in real time I guess but you could definitely tell he wasn't feeling his best so I hope he feels better soon so we can get a video
obviously loved the bits where he actually decided to in the slightest share an opinion. I just wanted a full on political debate but wcyd. I find it funny I sent the exact same brexit message to Phil on Sunday and it was ignored but Dan whilst not sharing an opinion OBVIOUSLY. shared an opinion. I really do wish Phil would talk about these kind of things but I do understand his hesitance towards doing so tbh.
I really like how he didn't specify the gender of the cute tour guide, I think it's very telling tbh its the exact same tactic I use at work when I'm asked if I have a boyfriend but don't want to explain. tbh even if the tour guide was female I think it's telling on who he is that he seemingly made a conscious decision to keep it gender neutral (or it was a complete coincidence and you can all feel free to tell me to shut up and stop overthinking it)
I just feel like in comparison to who he used to be had the tour guide have been a women he would've really pushed that onto us and been like 'we had the cutest women as our tour guide SHE was so cute I fell in love with her.' whereas he seems to be more comfortable now letting people speculate and I think that in itself is big progress so well done