Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mm_sunny1993
spork

I really like the spooky decorations, as they said it's so much better than the last years :bat: :skeleton: :pumpkinphil:
(but the first thing i noticed was that they didn't turn off the lights which was a bit meh i think)
Made the mistake again to wear headphones and Dan killed my hearing again but oh well I always wear headphones I'm used to it.
I liked how often Phil got jumpscared by just little things walking by.
Overall it was a nice video good start for Spooky week :thumb: even tho for me the game was not really creepy at all but that's probably just me because I play a lot of horror games.
I'm excited for tomorrow.

Edit: top of the page, ops.
venividivicivino
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her

I feel like my response got a little misunderstood probably because I improperly phrased it, for which I apologize. I don't want to excuse misogyny and I believe I am desensitized to it considered all that goes on in society today and that has happened to me personally. I don't want to tell others how they should feel about the use of misogynistic slurs, only explain how I feel on them. I think I understand others' viewpoints that it's hypocritical to think firmly that pdp is a racist and not believe d&p are misogynists but I disagree because I think they're not equivalent points. The situations are different enough in my opinion to create context that changes my perception. However, I see that many are getting frustrated over the conversation which I understand so anyone who wants to continue the conversation can definitely message me or whatever they want!

Now to go watch Spooky Week #1! I'm hyped by Stranger Phil - that's branding I love.
goldenmermaid
drama llama

I enjoyed that video! The game was v creepy but so beautifully designed! and their decorations were great this year :skeleton: :pumpkin:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

you're welcome.

the first 5 minutes i wasn't sure of the video, then really got into it and loved it. agree that they should have had the lights off and i definitely didn't think the background was that much better than previously. but good video for day 1 ;ghost;
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Light02
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

nephilimcat wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:41 pm
Light02 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33 pm
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:29 pm :stan: to kuensukki's post.

i actually cannot believe the turn this conversation has taken? what exactly is the argument here? the n word isnt bad bc people say it casually in some countries? it's ok for a swedish white man living in the uk with a global audience of tens of millions and deep knowledge of the internet to say the n word bc maybe they dont view it the same way in sweden? the n word is bad but so are misogynstic slurs? and this somehow relates to dnp staying friends with felix .. how?

this conversation has spiralled so far from the original point, which is that some people were disappointed and hurt by dnp's choice to stay friends with felix-- a man who has conscientiously used hate speech against black people and anti-semitic language to fuel his humor and in so doing provided a safe space for racists and neo-nazis to thrive on youtube. that's it. end of story. if you don't condone felix's actions and words then u should understand the disappointment being expressed. so why this alternative argument about misogyny? what is the relevance? i dont think anyone who is hurt by dnp's association with felix is trying to argue that casual misogyny is good or okay. in fact it's a serious issue that merits discussion on its own, and merits full attention. desensitization to casual sexism is a huge problem. but it's not related to this conversation, so what is the point youre trying to make? should people have said "i am disappointed by dan and phil's decision to go to felix's party, also i am disappointed by that one time they called tabitha a stinky hoe?" the two issues are unrelated, why would anyone have brought that up in this conversation? i feel like this response only underscores the reality that's been raised from the beginning of this whole conversation, which is that issues of race make (white) people so distinctly uncomfortably in this fandom, such that any serious discussion of racial politics needs to be diluted or else then overshadowed by something else (in this case, dan's use of the word 'hoe' i guess.... like actually what?)

and, just to clarify, there are, i'm sure, hundreds of words in many languages that are considered 'swears' or 'rude' and yes some of them are even meant to demean certain groups of people, but the n word in particular is an incredibly painful word for an entire race of people because of centuries of history in which white people actively, intentionally used it to maintain dominion over black slaves, and then continued to use it even after emancipation of slaves to continue their active dehumanization of freed black people. millions of black people were not just called the n word by name, as the extent of their discrimination, they were treated as property, they were beaten and killed for trying to escape from their bonds, or even for just existing, all while this word was used against them.

slut shaming women is bad, obviously. structural misogyny is bad. but don't try to compare the judgment a women undergoes for her sexual choices to the history of active and horrific violence used to subjugate black people not just in america but so so many other white-dominated western countries. that's the reason there's caution around the use of the n word, where it might not exist around words like 'pussy' or 'bitch' or 'hoe.' the n word is a word that is deeply rooted in violence and bloodshed. it's deeply rooted in hatred. it's HATE speech. it's not just a swear. it's not the same scale at all, and YOUR decision that 'misogyny is as bad as racism' (why the fuck do they need to be compared????!!?!?!? and we are talking about racism specifically in this convo!!) is largely immaterial to the conversation that's taking place. if you think there should have been an outpouring of hurt and disappointment like this bc of dan using the word 'hoe' in a joking manner about tabitha, not to slutshame an actual woman, then it feels like a profound misunderstanding of the weight and history of the n word and i'll just redirect u back up to my second paragraph and then to google.
I'm not at all saying that the n-word isn't bad or that Pdp can say it because people in some countries still use it. I already clarified in my last post that my whole point is about hypocrisy in society and by extension, within the Phandom. I'm pointing out that there are different standarts applied to different issues and words based on the culture/country/time period. I'm saying that people in society "caring" about a certain issue but not about a similar one almost seems manifactured and seems to only occur when a certain oppressed group finally starts rebelling against their oppressors to the point where the oppressors just want to shut them up and that's why they stop using a certain slur. Not out of care for the affected. They also keep using other harmful words directed at demographics that aren't in the position to speak up against it yet. This is hypocrisy, this is what I'm talking about. Misogyny is just an example I'm using. The way this relates to D&P being friends with Felix is that I've seen a lot of people considering whether their should unstan D&P just because they associate with a racist but Dan himself saying a misogynistic slur seems to be not that big of a deal for a lot of people for some reason? So what if he said it as a joke? It's still sexist. Anyways, this a very clear example of hypocrisy within the Phandom.

Also, I personally think it's okay to derail conversations to talk about different issues. The whole discussion of racism is still there, right? I'm now just turning it into a discussion of double standarts. And I actually agree that "hoe" isn't as bad as the n-word, but again, Dan saying that word was just an example. I could just as easily talk about his (actually their) use of ableist language as well. Most of the things you said about the history of the n-word can be said as well about the word "stupid" and the historical oppression of disabled people. To this day, disabled children get murdered by their parents (as a "mercy" killing) and get praised in the media for it. If someone rapes a disabled person in court they get sued as if they have raped an animal because disabled people are not seen as human. In the US disabled people are not legally allowed to marry one another. And so on. I'll link to that post again, in case you didn't read it, if you're interested in other major hardships the disabled community faces. My whole point is this - if you are outraged/very dissapointed by D&P merely associating with a racist, you should feel the same way about D&P doing other problematic things, like themselves using the word "stupid". Otherwise, you're being hypocritical. Just because racist slurs are widely recognized and ableist ones are not does not make it okay to excuse one and not the other. If you care about social justice you should care about intersectionality as well

Also, I'm sorry but it's pretty late where I live and I have to go to bed. I'll probably respond to other people tomorrow.
Genuine question: why would stupid be ableist? I also think there's a difference between being friends with someone using a slur and generally using a slur you know is one and saying something that you never considered to be a slur. Bc honestly I haven't heard of stupid being a slur. Just that it's rude to say, which goes for a lot of words people use.

Sorry if this is weirdly formatted, i'm on mobile and i will sleep now
I already said this in a previous post but it's exactly the same as the r-word. Stupid used to be a diagnosis and now is being used as an insult/slur. Any intelligence-shaming word is ableist because it obviously demeans people with cognitive disabilities, although not all are slurs, just the ones with oppressive history behind them. I, too had never heard of stupid being a slur until last year. But as someone said earlier, google is free and even if you come from a racist country you can educate yourself about the n-word and not use it, same thing with any ableist slur. Granted, you wouldn't really need google to know that the n-word is a slur because in most places it is widely recognized as such, whereas ableist slurs are not, because nobody talks about ableism, ever. A disabled rights activist said that you can't speak fluent English without using ableist language, so I understand that a lot of people would be reluctant to change the entire way they speak but I do think that it is necessary and that we as a society should call out ableism whenever we see it. The reason why almost nobody knows that stupid and a bunch of other words used to be diagnoses is because we never talk about ableism.

I'm also going to bed now.

I also wanted to add, (I guess this sounds defensive) that I was not at all uncomfortable with the conversation about racism. I fucking loved it and I thought it was super interesting!
Last edited by Light02 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dancy
procrastinator

I quite liked the new video, which is surprising because I normally don't like horror games at all! It was a bit scary, though fortunately not in a jumpscare kinda way because that can be quite anxiety-inducing to me. I'd like to see them playing more of it but knowing them, I doubt they'll actually finish it on the gaming channel. Curious to see what's next!
sunshinias
spork

Well, I enjoyed the video. :ghostclaps: :ghostclaps: It was definitely genuinely scary and it made me jump quite a few times.

I agree with everyone else that this years' decorations are the best. Very spooky and professional-looking. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually prefer it when they have the lights on so that I can their faces.
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obscureDnPreference wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 pmThe first thing I noticed is that they didn't turn off the lights.
I was actually really annoyed by that too. I hope they turn them off for future scary/creepy games.

Not a bad game, I guess. once I realized there were no real jump scares it kind of lost effect, it wasn't funny enough to make me laugh and I realized they weren't going to finish the whole thing so there wouldn't be any story resolution and I didn't feel properly scared so I think unless the rest of their videos just completely suck it'll probably be in the solidly average column to me. Was at least half an hour long, though. I love the longer videos.
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

coffeepenguin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 pm With all due respect, first of all, this is a public forum where many different people participate in the discussion and sometimes without reading the whole of it, which is ok, this is the nature of a forum, so you can't really tell people what types of arguments and comparisons they can and cannot make, as long as they stay civil and abide by the rules.

kuensukki made an argument (and continued to do so, and was supported by others) that people (especially white people) in the phandom don't care as much about race as they do about mental health and gay rights. I don't particularly agree with the way the sexism/misogyny comparison was then brought up, as well as with the relevance of that comparison, for the reasons I expressed in my previous post, but it's still worth being discussed, like every other topic. As for the great "what minority have suffered the most abuse in the history of the universe" olympics, I'll take a wild guess and say we'll never find out because most probably they've been completely wiped out from any kind of history as a result.

Also, weren't you the one who were taking about how the feelings of the people who are hurt should matter the most? I'm sorry, I honestly am, I know everyone wants to be done with this conversation, and I do respect you a lot, but I am very, very much bothered by your comment. Unlike you, I literally have, like, one friend in the phandom (probably, for a good reason) and no followers whatsoever, so my opinion doesn't interest anyone and I should just continue to lurk like I've been doing for the last couple of months, I'll most likely start regretting this post already in a couple of hours, but why can't we make this comparison, really? The argument is not "Dan and Phil make sexist comments, so they should be given a pass when they socialize privately with a racist without publicly condemning him", the argument is "phandom doesn't talk about racism much, but it doesn't talk about misogyny much either, and when it does, everyone is uncomfortable, so if we want to have these conversations, maybe we should look at the reasons behind this and it's a broader issue than just everybody's racist". Sorry again, I'll shut up now.
hey, i'm really sorry that my comment bothered you but let me try to clarify a couple things.

1. the point that Light02 made, at least initially and at least how i understood it, wasn't 'phandom doesn't talk about racism much, but it doesn't talk about misogyny much either, and when it does, everyone is uncomfortable ... maybe we should look at the reasons behind this and it's a broader issue.' if that's the argument, fair play. phandom doesn't talk about misogyny much. that is a true statement. i personally try to talk about it whenever it becomes relevant. i've brought it up on my blog, which is my primary phandom outlet, on numerous occasions, whether it was in advance of louise's latest video, the concept of which was poised as being 'cis men laugh at their ignorance about female biology,' or in relation to dan's past rape jokes, with respect to which on numerous occasions i've written about wishing he would directly address them and apologize and outwardly prove he's grown as a person. that's a more radical stance than i'm sure most of the fandom would take, instead arguing that his privating those videos or unlisting them is enough to show on its own that he doesn't believe in that humor anymore. i disagree with that argument on a number of levels. but my point in my last post was that while these are all valid conversations to have about dan and phil as public figures and as people, i simply don't understand why they should be brought up now to the expense of this other serious conversation happening. if you want to expand the discussion to ALL of the problematic shit that dnp do or have done in their entire history on youtube that fandom lets slide and refuses to hold dnp to account for, then by all means, go for it, i obvi can't and shouldn't and would never wish to actually dictate what an entire forum talks about. but to me there definitely is a difference in scale between dnp's friendship with a man who uses racist and anti-semitic language, and their use of the word 'hoe.' it just rubbed me the wrong way to try and suggest that these other issues (which are serious in their own right, but on a different scale, whether bc they're in the past or bc they involve words that aren't on the level of hate speech or whatever else) should be brought up in a way that's meant to equate them in weight at this particular moment to felix's actions and dnp's association with him.

2. to that end, this whole oppression olympics thing also makes me incredibly uncomfortable. i totally agree with you that it's pointless to try and compare and argue about the levels of discrimination that certain subgroups have faced. but Light02 was DIRECTLY comparing and equating the severity of two slurs ('hoe' and the n word, and now 'stupid') and using that as a premise to argue about phandom's hypocrisy. i tried to respond with further analysis directly comparing the weight of those two words and the associated weight of using hate speech versus using discriminatory language meant to police women's sexuality. AGAIN, both are bad, but one is worse. a worse WORD mind you, and a more serious offense, than using the word 'hoe' about a sim in a non-slut shaming context. that's all i was trying to say.

again, not sure why are how either of these points have upset you but i'm sorry if it came across like i was trying to be controlling of the conversation. i'm not. i just perceived this whole line of argumentation as an attempt at distraction from the main point, and an attempt at asserting that somehow people responses to this felix situation aren't valid bc they didnt react the same way in the past to words like 'hoe' and 'stupid' and whatever else. imo trying to supersede this discussion with one about misogyny and ableism both detracts from the current discussion as well as the legitimate conversations that could be had about ppl's tacit acceptance of casual misogyny and ableism as well. hope this makes sense. the last thing i would want to do is invalidate anyone who is hurt, and im sorry if it came across that way.
Last edited by nihilist-toothpaste on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

Spooky week has officially begun.

Glad they’re playing Little Nightmares it’s a good game, hopefully there will be no crappy exe screamer games this time. There’s plenty of better titles out there that deserve the recognition more.

I usually find people’s reactions to spooky week videos pretty confusing though. I never get scared at horror games/movies, I’ll maybe jump in my seat in shock but that’s about it.
Watching everyone talk about how scary it was and Dan screaming like a banshee just has me wondering why it effects people so much and not me. :shrug:

I guess I am either really desensitised or just lack a soul haha. :lol:
liola
rankussy

Oh I loved that. It was creepy and had very nice visuals and the plot seems very interesting! It reminded me a lot of Silent Hill actually, minus the not being able to kill the monster part. I'm very glad there were no timeshares though I was anxious about It a lot people might find them funny but they genuinely make my heart race in a not funny way lol it's probably the first spooky video I've properly watched if we don't count can your pet

They looked lovely and the decorations looked super cute. I wonder if they're gonna dim the lights gradually until they get to a full in the dark immersion? That could be nice. I wouldn't mind if I saw them play this again, It actually made me want to play it myself.

All in all, a good video for me and a nice start of spooky week. Really curious to see what's next - as long as it's not another slender
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

idk maybe it's because I'm kinda tired but I was a bit bored throughout the video? I lol'ed at Depz moaning and screaming because I'm secretly 12 and stuff, but I couldn't get into the rest of the game. And them not turning off the lights bothered me :') What happened to total immersion boys?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rainydays
sofa crease

I have a question for everyone: what spooky week video even from the past years did you find the scariest/creepiest?
I enjoyed this video, but I didn't find it all that scary..? Is that just me? I've never found slenderman or five nights at freddie's to be super scary either tbh, but I feel like that's probably an unpopular opinion. Idk maybe I just don't get easily scared, which is weird bc I'm not even into horror movies at all. I guess it's the context of the video game with them speaking over it that lessens the scary impact for me.

also another probably unpopular opinion: I really want them to play a seriously scary terrifying game at least once.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

rainydays wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:29 pm I have a question for everyone: what spooky week video even from the past years did you find the scariest/creepiest?
I enjoyed this video, but I didn't find it all that scary..? Is that just me? I've never found slenderman or five nights at freddie's to be super scary either tbh, but I feel like that's probably an unpopular opinion. Idk maybe I just don't get easily scared, which is weird bc I'm not even into horror movies at all. I guess it's the context of the video game with them speaking over it that lessens the scary impact for me.

also another probably unpopular opinion: I really want them to play a seriously scary terrifying game at least once.
When they played Silent Hill in 2015 was my favourite time in Spooky Week history! Can only hope they play something equally as scary this year! That was jump scare central. Me and my flat mate connected the laptop to the tv and watched it in the dark, was fecking so scary!
I also enjoyed when Dan played Outlast but them playing was just that bit funnier.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
darque_red
banned

Catallena wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm
Sis, you're really pulling out expired receipts from 2009. That's called reaching. Most of us were uneducated edgy pieces of shit and using what an 18 year old said years ago while having shown considerable growth since then by not saying shit like that anymore is weak. Nothing about that equates to being a grown ass man who panders to.. well people like you so it seems. You seem very desperate to excuse hid racism.. so maybe also your own? idk I'm reaching here.

are you actually implying i'm racist, sis? Is that where you want to take this? You all seem very quick to dismiss the actions of dan/anyone else you like, but when it's someone you don't, all hell breaks loose. I see now there's no point trying to get your heads out of your asses; you guys are literally arguing over the word 'stupid' now. jesus christ are you okay? how boring must your lives be if you're all so easily offended.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm
rainydays wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:29 pm I have a question for everyone: what spooky week video even from the past years did you find the scariest/creepiest?

When they played Silent Hill in 2015 was my favourite time in Spooky Week history! Can only hope they play something equally as scary this year! That was jump scare central. Me and my flat mate connected the laptop to the tv and watched it in the dark, was fecking so scary!
I also enjoyed when Dan played Outlast but them playing was just that bit funnier.
Silent Hill PE was definitely my favorite, but I also loved Dan playing Outlast alone and while it's a distant third to the first two -I even loved both of them playing Outlast 2 last year. Basically I just live for them playing genuinely scary games that make me jump or creep me out.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Same! Silent hill freaked the shit out of me (I remember violently jumping, and even letting out tiny yells at points lol), and I am not someone who is usually easily frightened. But man it was chilling tbh
Ewok
rainbow nerd

bookfiend wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:19 pm Spooky week has officially begun.

Glad they’re playing Little Nightmares it’s a good game, hopefully there will be no crappy exe screamer games this time. There’s plenty of better titles out there that deserve the recognition more.

I usually find people’s reactions to spooky week videos pretty confusing though. I never get scared at horror games/movies, I’ll maybe jump in my seat in shock but that’s about it.
Watching everyone talk about how scary it was and Dan screaming like a banshee just has me wondering why it effects people so much and not me. :shrug:

I guess I am either really desensitised or just lack a soul haha. :lol:
Something about being chased / unable to escape someone or something etc freaks me the hell out. It's a genuine fear for me, most of my nightmares are some variation of this (how fitting :lol:) I think that may be why it scared me so much.
The other games they've played really don't freak me out as much. Like FNAF does not scare me at all - neither do any of the .exe games. Outlast scared the ever loving piss out of me tho for similar reasons. I guess I'm pretty wimpy haha. :shrug:
Dan said something at the end like being able to defend yourself in a game makes it less scary - I agree 110%. Not having the ability to fight back made this fucking intense for me haha, I was physically recoiling from the screen anytime those hands got close. Ack. I think it just depends on what each person actually finds scary :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
malday
emo goose

I also couldn't really get into the game, i didn't find it creepy at all but rather the opposite, it was kind of cute? so to me, their reactions really didn't match the action.
but
missemma wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 pm
you're welcome.
do they have a checklist of things to include in a video to generate the most fan edits or something? :| lol
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I actually found this game creepier than any of the games they played last year.

Yes, I mean, the idea of being chased is so creepy.
Last edited by Ilovethemohyesido on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i liked the video fine-- the game reminded me a TON of limbo (which dan mentioned) and inside, to the point where it kind of felt derivative? idk. i enjoyed it anyway. their decorations this year are really nice.

my favorite spooky week videos of years past are definitely PT and the original fnaf. i didn't find either of them all that scary (i had already watched approximately 78 other lets plays of PT so i knew the scares before they happened) but their reactions felt genuine and their banter was on point ("i want to die surrounded by friendly ducks... the gentle caressing of the beak" is one of my favorite phil quotes ever)

also i found out today that i have PNEUMONIA so that's swell but at least i'm on antibiotics now woohoo
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

darque_red wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm
Catallena wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm
Sis, you're really pulling out expired receipts from 2009. That's called reaching. Most of us were uneducated edgy pieces of shit and using what an 18 year old said years ago while having shown considerable growth since then by not saying shit like that anymore is weak. Nothing about that equates to being a grown ass man who panders to.. well people like you so it seems. You seem very desperate to excuse hid racism.. so maybe also your own? idk I'm reaching here.

are you actually implying i'm racist, sis? Is that where you want to take this? You all seem very quick to dismiss the actions of dan/anyone else you like, but when it's someone you don't, all hell breaks loose. I see now there's no point trying to get your heads out of your asses; you guys are literally arguing over the word 'stupid' now. jesus christ are you okay? how boring must your lives be if you're all so easily offended.

I wasn't implying anything sis. I was reaching, look I said so myself. :) So idk dear, are you?

But sweetie, this strange thing happened just now. I was talking to one of these first time poster troll accounts but then suddenly you showed up all in my business? And idk who the fuck you are? Was it you all along then? If so, why weren't you talking to us with this account you've had for a while now instead of all these new ones? Or did you get offended when no one was talking to you at all? If that's the case, I gotta say it's a bit strange to talk about us getting 'easily offended' but you do you boo. :shrug:

Now. I'm not sure I get your point here? Because I called them out quite a bit over the past few.. idk 1,5 years or however long we've been here? Are you mad because I won't jump on receipts from 2009? While you keep defending Felix for shit he is pulling in this day and age? idk your skin color of ethnicity sis, but I do know white feminism is a pretty universal thing and boy do you sound like one. Calling out all kinds of things just because except racism because then people are suddenly too easily offended?? Reading your post history I'm even more confused. During #JaphanGate you were all 'D&P didn't do anything bad, other YouTubers get away with worse' and now you're playing for the opposite team where we dismiss D&P's problematique history too easily but are too harsh on others? :confused:

Anyway nice talking to you.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

I quite liked the gaming video, it wasn't particularly scary even though I tensed up at a few parts but the game was cute though. I wish they would keep playing it but I don't think it will ever happen. The way Dan spoke at the part with the monkey plushie gave me asmr and I want him to play more games with that voice, it will be so soothing to me.

I haven't posted in months in the main thread so I'm quite nervous, hi!
:biheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Same! Silent hill freaked the shit out of me (I remember violently jumping, and even letting out tiny yells at points lol), and I am not someone who is usually easily frightened. But man it was chilling tbh
PT/Silent Hill is my favourite of theirs for sure. I have rewatched it multiple times and it freaks me out every time. Also their reactions were brilliant. I quite enjoyed Outlast 2 aswell as I love the Outlast games and the whole story behind it is awesome, even if they did only play a small chunk.

I just checked the other games they've done... only ones I can see that I would rewatch is FNAF Sister Location. The others aren't scary to me but are good to get into the mood I guess.

I was surprised this game was first! I actually watched Jacksepticeye's playthrough but bailed towards the end because it got boring imo, the creepyness wears off pretty quick. Their reactions were funny at times tho. I'm just hoping to god they play Hello Neighbor and Resident Evil, because I wanna see them get annoyed and get stressed. (I promise I'm a nice person I just enjoy watching them suffer sometimes) And no, rainydays, I agree, I'd love to see them absolutely terrified. Only video I think they were genuinely like disturbed/creeped out was PT/Outlast. It was great :lol:
:biflag: :blackheart:
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

I didn't find the new video to be very scary at all, but then again I really love horror games and watching playthroughs of them so I guess I don't get spooked as much as I used to, lol. I still really loved the game, though!!

I wonder if they'll play Bendy and the Ink Machine. I don't know anything about it, but I've seen lots of people talking about it and it looks interesting. I just hope they won't do another .exe game with the cheap, random jumpscares, no thank you. (If only my favorite horror games weren't so lonnnnng, ugh, I'd love to watch them play Resident Evil 7 but they wouldn't get very far with one episode, and even if they did a series they are pretty awful with long series on the gaming channel. Oh well.)